Honda cbr650 2014

Installed new led lights and sliders last week. Also let them install the old rear signals to the front. No time to post the photos.
Signals went down after the track day and fuse blowed so went there again last monday to let them install and fix things.
Besides, the plastic cover of one of the front signal fell down so bought new led signals which i see again for some time on big bikes around for front which i ll install them today.
Track days screw these kind of parts coming from china!
Seen these rear signals for sometime on big bikes and like the design and extra visibility.
New signals also act as a tail light and get brighter once the brakes are applied like a stop light. Good for the extra visibility.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13964114245205_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964114446903_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964114593199_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964114932197_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964115134061_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964115293399_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964115531165_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964117531452_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964117742347_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13964117936644_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

sure a fork stabilizer keeps the bike stable but it is not a final solution for all the wobbling.

If it is wobbling you are riding beyond it's limits and should buy a bigger/better bike if you want to go at those speeds.

Bikes should come from the factory ready to ride safely within the bikes capabilities and sadly many bikes are not up to the task.

It's better now than in the 70's and 80's where as an eksample the Kawa 500 was known to kill many of it's owners, a bit like an old pissed off elephant.

Where are you buying all your parts from? Do they do a good job with the installations?

Haha, I see like me, you haven't had time to remove your group number yet from the Bira track day. Go Group 4 yay!

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

I buy these from K Speed as mostly they are the fastest ones preparing mods for new big bikes in Thailand.

They get bikes from factory right away they get released with the permission of Honda i guess and start to work on them in advance.

Mostly they install things nicely but that time before the track day, i arrived there 30 minutes before they close their shop so i think as the last job of the day, they did not install the signals nicely. Owber of K Speed which i know him got angry to the mechs and gave them some <deleted> though. They checked the sliders and make them stronger with new springs as well.

Also Moth racing has things now for cbr650f.

hah, gweiloman, they have koso shift indicator for 3200 thb and good thing is, it has a programmable shift light to warn you to upshift with a bright light and i think also to downshift. I found it for 2800 thb at another shop in Ratchaburi for 2800 thb. I might go for that but what you bought is one of the best quality shift indicator actually.

Actually i am looking for a full all in one gauge that can give me shift indicator, oil temp, ambient air temp, voltage and track times.

http://www.asianconceptthai.com/product-KosoGearIndicatorwithShiftlight-1477-2.html

Where are you buying all your parts from? Do they do a good job with the installations?

Haha, I see like me, you haven't had time to remove your group number yet from the Bira track day. Go Group 4 yay!

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

I buy these from K Speed as mostly they are the fastest ones preparing mods for new big bikes in Thailand.

They get bikes from factory right away they get released with the permission of Honda i guess and start to work on them in advance.

Mostly they install things nicely but that time before the track day, i arrived there 30 minutes before they close their shop so i think as the last job of the day, they did not install the signals nicely. Owber of K Speed which i know him got angry to the mechs and gave them some <deleted> though. They checked the sliders and make them stronger with new springs as well.

hah, gweiloman, they have koso shift indicator for 3200 thb and good thing is, it has a programmable shift light to warn you to upshift with a bright light and i think also to downshift. I found it for 2800 thb at another shop in Ratchaburi for 2800 thb. I might go for that but what you bought is one of the best quality shift indicator actually.

Actually i am looking for a full all in one gauge that can give me shift indicator, oil temp, ambient air temp, voltage and track times.

http://www.asianconceptthai.com/product-KosoGearIndicatorwithShiftlight-1477-2.html

I had the HealTech GIPro for my Versys and very happy with it so decided to go with it again for the Ninja. It's plug and play whereas the Koso needs some basic electrical skills, according to the website.

The HealTech works off the ECU so it's one of the most accurate and best systems around. And at the end of the day, for what I paid (Bht 4,500), they fitted it for me at the track and it worked right off the boot so I'm mighty pleased with it - no more looking for 7th gear haha.

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

I had the HealTech GIPro for my Versys and very happy with it so decided to go with it again for the Ninja. It's plug and play whereas the Koso needs some basic electrical skills, according to the website.

The HealTech works off the ECU so it's one of the most accurate and best systems around. And at the end of the day, for what I paid (Bht 4,500), they fitted it for me at the track and it worked right off the boot so I'm mighty pleased with it - no more looking for 7th gear haha.

healtech is the best around gweiloman, a good buy actually. I am looking for an all in one unit actually showing gear, temp and voltage at least.

Ok. Yesterday get the new front leds installed tightly so signal and cosmetics chapter is nearly closed. Just will powdercoat the levers and rearpegs later on. Can install tje rearsets remaining drom cbr500 as they fit but they are red, want black aluminum this time.

Might think a set of stickers/garphics also as there is a vinyl shop close to my house but not sure as i mostly find stickers cheesy. Maybe something small.

Also installed bar ends and fork adjusters from my olb cbr500r and put a carbon fiber tank pad before the track day. Just find time to post the photos of them.

I have a new powerful horn too for 400 thb. Not a deafening one like a car hirn but not an usual apologetic bike horn either. Just a nice sound.

Signals are 480 thb from a local shop as if you go buy them from k speed or some other big bike shop, they are 900 thb!

Next step is a rearset which i liked rsv rearsets just released and a custom under swingarm pipe. They say 7000 thb for carbon fiber custom pipe work which is quite reasonable.

post-184955-13965092638703_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965093110206_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1396509328639_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965093604974_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965094075445_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965094201731_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965094466887_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965094739025_thumb.jpg

And the horn.
I need a metal mesh to close the headers right under the radiator guard. It gets dirty there and sure some small piece of rocks going in as front fender is very short.

And yes i know, i need to wash the bikesmile.png

post-184955-13965099512163_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

ll2, did you go to the track, or did I misunderstood ?

yes, i did.

but some parts i installed before the track day so would like to post now.

And where is the track day full report and all the glorious pictures ?!?

ll2, did you go to the track, or did I misunderstood ?

yes, i did.

but some parts i installed before the track day so would like to post now.

And where is the track day full report and all the glorious pictures ?!?
Man there is a thread for that track day. Just search as dainese track day from search bar. You will find what you are looking for.

Please post something there so we know you found it.

Edited by ll2

Whoops.. that was easy to see

You have been one of the first on a track with the 650 pretty much anywhere.. maybe in this thread you can say what has worked of the bike and what has not.

tires/suspension/brakes/driving position

stock engine what it can deliver

comparison to other bikes with a same skills rider

Hope I can make it too one day.. at the present I can't even drive xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

You have been one of the first on a track with the 650 pretty much anywhere.. maybe in this thread you can say what has worked of the bike and what has not.

Hope I can make it too one day.. at the present I can't even drive xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

I ll do it no worries. Tonight.

Edited by ll2

Yesterday went to honda bigwing bkk for 1000 km service but bike was at nearly 1600 km, no time.

After the service which they tighten all bolts, changed oil and filter and fixed the buzzing cluster, i asked for a dyno as one of the chief mechs was there responsible for dyno and he was not busy.

Result 73.09 hp and 55 nm torque on the wheel. They also added their dyno shows lower than many others same as cbr500 dynos they do as 40 hp at rear wheel but other dybis state 44 rwhp and another dyno tested cbr650f as 79 hp on rear wheel. So they said add 5 percent more.

Moreover they said that other bikes they dynoed show mostly 71 or 72 hp but mine shows 73 hp! I told them it is bc of the hard break in:lol:

Also another guy came with a custom pipe for dyno they said and his bike had 70 hp the lowest they tested. It is bc the custom pipe decreased the hp! They recommend me to wait for reputable exhaust brands only to buy and not the guys doing custom as clearly, it is not good for the bike so i am passing the custom pipemakers and waiting for an leo vince! Of course leo vince etc do lots of r&d!

Guy doing the dyno is trained in japan and he knows what he is doing. Professionally, they dont allow unrelated people to dyno room.

As i stated, bike redlines at 6th gear close to 260 kph at 258 kph exactly as they vidoed it for me.

I saw a comfortable 225 kph while going to pattaya and i felt like there a lot are more to go.

Bike looks good on dyno:D

Check the video:

post-184955-13965903054915_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13965903444382_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

Hi all,

I am very interrested by tis GIPro... fed up with this bloody 7th gear hehe.

Do you know a place where they are selling it?

Cheers

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

Hi all,

Cheers

OK.

A track day experience with honda cbr650f 2014.

- Suspensions: Pretty OK for a bike for this price. Bike follows its line and no shaking etc on top speeds. Mid corner stability is cool. Ground clearance is enough for me too.

of course, dotn expect a fine suspension like on a supersport still pretty OK. Also, no proper adjustment.

- Engine: it can deliver enough for me. No chance to use more than 4 speeds at BIRA track. Being an inline four, it likes to rev so it is a joy after twin cylinder cbr500r.

- Comparison with other bikes with similar rider shill: There were no cbr650f there, mine was the only one but if you compare with kawa 650 cc bikes, cbr650f smokes them on the straights and i am sure handlign is better than kawas as well. I passed some supersport bikes with it.

Hoep to see you one day there paz.

225 on a long road should be fine for a 650cc motorcycle. I heard the ER6N can do 225 but I doubt it feels comfortable. IMO everyone rides at their own limits. Just because one does it and the other one don't do it, doesn't make anyone better than another. SR ( survival reactions) are learnt from experiences.

I only concern would be the unpredictable bumps on that road.

By the way LL where you up right, a slight tuck or in full tuck doing 225?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

225 on a long road should be fine for a 650cc motorcycle. I heard the ER6N can do 225 but I doubt it feels comfortable. IMO everyone rides at their own limits. Just because one does it and the other one don't do it, doesn't make anyone better than another. SR ( survival reactions) are learnt from experiences.

I only concern would be the unpredictable bumps on that road.

By the way LL where you up right, a slight tuck or in full tuck doing 225?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

all i can say, it was not a chin on the tank full tuck and bike was very comfy while going over 200 kphs.

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

Hi all,

Cheers

Hi tomaway,

I tried looking to see if I had a receipt but I don't think they issued me one (or maybe I threw it away). However, I'm sure they will have a store on the next trackday (apparently on 03 May, not sure if Bira or Kraeng Krachan) and you can pick one up there. They will even fit it for you if you like :)

In case I can find the receipt or remember the name of the vendor, I will let you know.

hahaha. Group 4 rules!

Hi all,

Cheers

i dont remember the name of the dealer either.

Healtech is one of the best around.

But, you can check Koso one, it has programmable shift light as well.

check:

you can find it at K speed website to for 3200 thb.

I don't know where you guys get those top speeds from, it's sure as hell isn't from GPS.

If you minus 10-15% from speedometer readings then it sounds more accurate.

not from my a.s..did you watch the video of my bike on dyno at 258 kph?

of course minus around 10 percent down for real gps speeds still it can make around 235 kph which is fast enough.

Edited by ll2

I don't know where you guys get those top speeds from, it's sure as hell isn't from GPS.

That was true for old tachometers. Today's gear is surprisingly accurate. Check it out yourself.

That was true for old tachometers. Today's gear is surprisingly accurate. Check it out yourself.

But I simply can't believe that a bike with 86 HP can go 230 - 250. A good friend of mine had a 900 Honda Bol'dor in the early 80's and it had 95 HP and it was about 215 km/h (real) and I tried it several times (flat outwhistling.gif ) and 220-230 km/h on the clock was good,so why do we suddenly have these amazing top speeds, sorry but I don't buy it.

A Kawa ER-6 is doing app 200 km/h realistically and not +220 km/h.

Okay lets see what the tests say on the e-net when they come, eh.