Pizza in Phuket Town

phuketsub

I seem to be having trouble finding a decent pizza place in Phuket Town. First PPizza in Samkong closed, so I started going to Romantica on Thalang Road, but now every time I go there its closed, as are 3 other pizza places downtown...

If anyone knows of a good, reasonably priced one please clue me in.

I don't consider the stuff that comes from The Pizza Company edible, by the way.

How about the prices? I used to go to Nai Yang beach for occational pizza, but the restaurant I used hiked their prices 30% to something like 250+ baht for tuna pizza. Together with worse service that is not an option enymore.

The Friday night pizzas at 'Falang Paradise' in Chalong are quite good. A 12" crispy based pizza for I think circa 180 baht. Not a large range of toppings (salami, seafood, vegetable, Hawiaian etc) but good.

Hawaiian Pizza is a crime and should be punished with life in prison. sick.gif

Agreed, never my personal choice, though some seem to like it. My personal favourite is Italian sausage, though never had anything authentic outside of Europe.

Hawaiian Pizza is a crime and should be punished with life in prison. sick.gif

Agreed, never my personal choice, though some seem to like it. My personal favourite is Italian sausage, though never had anything authentic outside of Europe.

Also not my personal choice but I reckon there is no limit to what you can put on a pizza. Check this out http://pinterest.com/pfalexis46/creative-pizzas/

I will try Gaetano's, but it was one of the ones that was closed when I went by it a few days ago....I agree wholeheartedly with the negative comments about Hawaiian Pizza! I also haven't come across too many Thai pizza recipes that are up to snuff.

Chalong is out of the question for me; too much traffic.

I will try Gaetano's, but it was one of the ones that was closed when I went by it a few days ago....I agree wholeheartedly with the negative comments about Hawaiian Pizza! I also haven't come across too many Thai pizza recipes that are up to snuff.

I still have not gotten around to check out La Gaetana, but I was under the impression that they do not offer any pizza there. More of a fine dining place with very limited tables, so reservation is always recommended.

Been to Salavatore's once or twice and the Pizza was good. Can't remember the price, but it's not a budget place for sure. Btw. if La Gaetana does offer pizza, that won't be a budget deal either.

There is a new place a couple of units down from Farang restaurant (street behind Big C, PIH, Index), called Crust or something. Have not checked it out, but planning to do so at one point. There is also a new place in the corner unit of the same Sino-Portuguese style house, something like Flame or Bake, possibly both and driving past there, I think I read something like pizza & pasta. Then I have also seen a place called Bellini opposite Makro, to the left of Headstart. Of course you could also get a pizza at the Wine Connection in Central, which is not bad and the price is reasonable, too.

Any opinions on Crust, Bellini, the other one or any further places in Phuket town are always welcome!

I still have not gotten around to check out La Gaetana, but I was under the impression that they do not offer any pizza there. More of a fine dining place with very limited tables, so reservation is always recommended.

Been to Salavatore's once or twice and the Pizza was good. Can't remember the price, but it's not a budget place for sure. Btw. if La Gaetana does offer pizza, that won't be a budget deal either.

There is a new place a couple of units down from Farang restaurant (street behind Big C, PIH, Index), called Crust or something. Have not checked it out, but planning to do so at one point. There is also a new place in the corner unit of the same Sino-Portuguese style house, something like Flame or Bake, possibly both and driving past there, I think I read something like pizza & pasta. Then I have also seen a place called Bellini opposite Makro, to the left of Headstart. Of course you could also get a pizza at the Wine Connection in Central, which is not bad and the price is reasonable, too.

Any opinions on Crust, Bellini, the other one or any further places in Phuket town are always welcome!

Thanks for all that. Sounds like Gaetana is out of our league at the moment, but will try to check out the others you mentioned when I am over 'that way' (I try to stay off th bypass as much as possible, for obvious reasons).

That said, Gaetana is in a bad location parking-wise as well...

Thanks for all that. Sounds like Gaetana is out of our league at the moment, but will try to check out the others you mentioned when I am over 'that way' (I try to stay off th bypass as much as possible, for obvious reasons).

That said, Gaetana is in a bad location parking-wise as well...

not really, park at the tempel across the street..

If you make it over to Patong, I would suggest trying a restaurant called Oasis, it's at the south end of Patong on rat u thid rd (2nd rd) in front of the Blue Ocean Resort. I had a Salami pizza there last week, lovely crispy base, delicious!

Pagallim: You know that you just put yourself to the same category as phuketsub - the people who are trouble.

I want pizza.

Is there a reasonably priced (less than 200B) place in Phuket town to have a good pizza?

Spaghetti & C. Not much of an atmosphere but the pasta's and pizza's are great and cheap. My favorite is the pizza salmon (160 Baht). Ratsada Road, turn left right after the Bank of Ayudhya, then about a hundred metres on your right hand side.

Edited by Roel

Thanks! I was waiting for some info liki this. Now waiting for pizza..

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-58566-13763860236651_thumb.jpg

This is one of the ones that was closed when I was on my pizza-finding mission, but given your strong recommendation I will try again soon...thanks wai2.gif

Spaghetti & C. Not much of an atmosphere but the pasta's and pizza's are great and cheap. My favorite is the pizza salmon (160 Baht). Ratsada Road, turn left right after the Bank of Ayudhya, then about a hundred metres on your right hand side.

It looks like a pizza, taste like a pizza - therefore it must be a pizza.

Finally, the graving is fulfilled. Note the toppings whistling.gif

150B + 10B for soda.

2013-08-13_16-39-24.jpg