Gloom for UK pounds sterling?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so OP ... The opposite to your forecast has happened.. Its got alot stronger today lol

Let's see in 48 hours after it settles down, what you' re seeing is knee jerk.

Surely if it was knee-jerk it would have gone the other way and how could it be knee jerk if it was expected anyway? Sorry Chang Mai, maybe I'm missing something here.

The trouble with these forcasters is that they are like the wind ,they blow all ways ,the truth is that they ,like us are not sure ,they like us are just gamblers ,just on a larger scale.

I just think they well paid ''blow'' jobs, using your words of course. whistling.gif .......................smile.png

so OP ... The opposite to your forecast has happened.. Its got alot stronger today lol

Surely if it was knee-jerk it would have gone the other way and how could it be knee jerk if it was expected anyway? Sorry Chang Mai, maybe I'm missing something here.

Re-read my earlier post which I edited and added to.

Re-read my earlier post which I edited and added to.

Okay; a very valid point. But surely if you can see that, then so can the cognisant. I still think the real 'cognisant' know that the world's economy is in tatters, but to let it be publicly admitted may signal Armageddon. They neither want to be the first to admit it or consider the consequences. Bit like burying your head in the sand.

But hey, it's almost 5 years now since the collapse in 2008 and we're all still here - maybe not richer and for sure not wiser!

Edited by Commander Tamson

It's not the best financial paper on the planet but this article paints the complete picture quite well, particular the relationship between market opinions and QE, interesting that markets are showing 2014 as the first rate rise! Probably best to wait until the froth settles before true direction becomes clear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-1607881/When-UK-rates-rise.html

GBP is at highest this year against bht.

Total disaster?

GBP against THB is irrelevent in the wider context of where Sterling is headed, it's purely a bi-product and it's unlikely to last.

It's relevant to people who have GBP and want to buy BHT.

Potential coup in Thailand = GBP up.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Total disaster?

GBP against THB is irrelevent in the wider context of where Sterling is headed, it's purely a bi-product and it's unlikely to last.

It's relevant to people who have GBP and want to buy BHT.

Potential coup in Thailand = GBP up.

THB didn't budge a single santang during the red shirt uprising in Bangkok and it wont budge again if there's yet another coup, such things do not affect the exchange rates..

It was 47.7 this morning so lets see if it drops below that in the next 2 days then shall we????

Not true, this morning it was 48.22 and then it spiked down ahead of the BOE inflation report hence your number of 47.7 is a low spike. The real test of the recent news out of the BOE will be where Sterling finishes up in one or two days after things settle down vs the previous close of 48.22.

chiang mai your just a guesser... First off it was look today now its in a few days... .. I for one dont believe anything you say..

I'm perfectly OK with what you want to believe or not. But either way I'm not going to endorse your idea that every uptick means that GBP/THB is once again headed on a path for 60, sorry to upset your dreams but it just isn't going to happen.

It's not the best financial paper on the planet but this article paints the complete picture quite well, particular the relationship between market opinions and QE, interesting that markets are showing 2014 as the first rate rise! Probably best to wait until the froth settles before true direction becomes clear.

Correct it is a step up from The Sun page 3 girls giving their best guess.

Correct it is a step up from The Sun page 3 girls giving their best guess.

I'm sorry there aren't that many pictures for you to look at but if you tried reading the words instead you'd relaize that the article in question does present most of the salient facts and the relationship between them, in that respect the author does a fairly decent job and is useful for those who have a limited understanding of such things and want to understand a high level picture.

• Like 1

Total disaster?

Empty statement. Like most of the others actually.

The GBP is very strong today, so that report is obviously a load of B*. All they are trying to do is generate some business, so that they can get commission. 

Yes ditto, and anyone who advises reading the daily mail for anything, let alone financial info. Well words fail. Just read the <deleted> today about bongo bongo land. :wacko:

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The GBP is very strong today, so that report is obviously a load of B*. All they are trying to do is generate some business, so that they can get commission.

Yes ditto, and anyone who advises reading the daily mail for anything, let alone financial info. Well words fail. Just read the <deleted> today about bongo bongo land. wacko.png

Hilarious, don't read anything in the Daily Mail, says the man who just got done reading the Daily Mail. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

it is what it is, and all the experts here cant change that,

one day the uk pound will come back, but what day that will be i dont know and to be honest i dont think anyone does,

the world in general is in a bad way, mkts help up and the likes,

jake

From what I've read and seen this morning it looks like Sterling is about 40 satang stronger at this point although this may well change as markets settle down. Logically and historically the Pound would have fallen on the news that there will not be any increases in the bank rate for some time, markets seem to thing that the BOE has been far too pessemistic in their assessment of when rates will raise, BOE indicates 2016 whereas markets say 2014, hence the slight rise in the value of the Pound. Unfortunatelty market reaction was opposite of what BOE was looking for, the last thing Carney wanted was a stronger Pound and because of this it opens the door to further QE just a litle bit more - further QE means a much weaker Pound.

The measure of course is the movement of GBP against USD and it looks like there might be a good USD buying time about now.

So far you've always been 100% wrong, so I'm off out to sell all my USD and buy some GBP.

You've lost the plot Tommo.

Yes ditto, and anyone who advises reading the daily mail for anything, let alone financial info. Well words fail. Just read the <deleted> today about bongo bongo land. wacko.png

Great newspaper ,love reading it ,and this from someone who doesnt give a fig about bongo bongo land and its freeloaders.biggrin.png