Thump Thump music until 7.30 am

Sorry Captain you seem to be on your own. With the wind direction as it is, all is quiet here in Plai Laem (At night anyway - loads of drilling/cement trucks/tile cutting during the day.)

We probably won't hear the boom boom noises until the wind comes from the west. sad.png

Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards all Men - Except the dipsticks at Dreamers! whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Captain you seem to be on your own. With the wind direction as it is, all is quiet here in Plai Laem (At night anyway - loads of drilling/cement trucks/tile cutting during the day.)

We probably won't hear the boom boom noises until the wind comes from the west. sad.png

Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards all Men - Except the dipsticks at Dreamers! whistling.gif

Actually also many other people in the direct neighbourhood suffer, just not all of them post here wink.png Since wind will change to South-East in the next weeks, for a few months, I guess/hope you wont be affected of that.

Woooo hoooo its party time!! biggrin.png

Yeah, some (not really many) people spent 500 baht entry fee last week. I got it free biggrin.png

Don't worry, Smokie is a blow in, smoke & mirrors, trouble maker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glad I ran upon this topic. I am coming into Samui- Koh Phangan & was wondering where the parties are. I am only 58 & still enjoy the full moon parties & rave music. Hell from the sounds of it they can't hold a candle to the Tahoe parties I been to 2-3 days not just a night. Living in Bang Saray it is so dead that I always enjoy hitting the Islands for some fun . As a way of life not but I know where not to stay around after we are done partying. Besides I still owe my girlfriend for the 2 days of hell in Buriam where the music never stopped (for the family funeral) And the music was hateful. Sooooo boring & deafening kinda like Carly Simon or the carpenters at 5000 watts. Quite a few more speakers than the sound stage pictured. At least I can be sure it will be rave-trance maybe some rock & metal. I always try to book places to stay out of the way of the mega sound. I do feel for anyone living where the noise is a regular event. I don't care what I have invested I would get a quieter area to live. Life to short to be bummed out in Thailand for sure.

You could use the noise as a profit

Don't open a hotel open a club and use the music and DJ's from surrounding clubs

Maybe they shall get pissed off and put in sound proof glass though

Seriously,

You have to accept the way it is

Either push the owners to put sound proof glass in or do what they do when they build houses near airports in England

So unfortunately with no government hand outs like back home

Maybe could sound proof your own houses hotels extra

On the plus side you shall never be bothered by any noise again

In fact something worth considering when building anywhere

As this being thailand never know what is going to be next door

Anyone know where I can get or look at sound proof glass???

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

No I am not saying that I am saying it is what it is

There is the law correct but unfortunately the law has not been a great success with drowning out the noise and cause problems with local people surrounding

I know it is wrong but we can all moan about it which is fine as long as people a suggest solutions to the problem

You have a few options either keep calling the police constantly

Then if they cannot fix the problem then pay a laywer to take the club to court and which the owner shall probably pay a fine then it would start all over again

The. Even if you do win what's to stop another bar opening up then another one

I am not talking rubbish I am opening suggestions

I know in a western world we would not have to worry about this actually that is not true as to the houses that surrounds airports and yet they build more terminals

Look either can put up with it and shut up as there is no point in complaining unless one can come up with a solution.

Or take steps to protect your own property or call the police

Problem is that beach land is very attractive for tourists so I predict that all land close to the beach could be a threat to noise pollution at some point

I am not saying anyone should do anything I am just suggesting and saying that it is something that I might look into myself for future buildings. Bedrooms only

Yes I was talking rubbish about having a party in your garden I was taking the piss

But as for sound proof bedrooms

I don't know how expensive it would be or how possible but worth having a look into it

Don't get me wrong I reckon there should be noise restrictions also but I am a one man army what can I do

I don't have the time to make complaints day after day

I would like to see night clubs specially ones in residential areas have sound proof walls but trying to get other people to do the right thing can be a struggle

I would rather protect myself for now And from any future noisy b@@@@@ds

You could use the noise as a profit

Don't open a hotel open a club and use the music and DJ's from surrounding clubs

Maybe they shall get pissed off and put in sound proof glass though

Seriously,

You have to accept the way it is

Either push the owners to put sound proof glass in or do what they do when they build houses near airports in England

So unfortunately with no government hand outs like back home

Maybe could sound proof your own houses hotels extra

On the plus side you shall never be bothered by any noise again

In fact something worth considering when building anywhere

As this being thailand never know what is going to be next door

Anyone know where I can get or look at sound proof glass???

BigC you are starting to talk utter rubbish now. You build your house knowing full well you are within the law, live there so many tears, then an illegal structure goes up, you are saying you have to make allowances ?

Surely you are joking.

The building design is very far from soundproof/keeping the noise inside, the way the bulid it is the way to bring the noise as far as possible. wink.png

Unfortunately for you and your neighbours, 100% correct.

There was zero attempt to contain the sound. In fact the design would encourage the sound to leave the building. (Open balconies etc)

Sorry - I am off the island at the moment, are the parties continuing in the same name numbers as before?

The building design is very far from soundproof/keeping the noise inside, the way the bulid it is the way to bring the noise as far as possible. wink.png

There was zero attempt to contain the sound. In fact the design would encourage the sound to leave the building. (Open balconies etc)

Sorry - I am off the island at the moment, are the parties continuing in the same name numbers as before?

This guy must have a bail hearing coming up. You could go and say Dear Judge this guy is a menace to my expat community please keep him in England.

This guy must have a bail hearing coming up. You could go and say Dear Judge this guy is a menace to my expat community please keep him in England.

If he's using the same lawyers that got him off everything in the past, I suspect he will walk.

I bet my lawyer couldn't get me off a speeding fine ! Oh well !

Yes, so far just the same as before, about 2 noisy parties per week.

Just today they annonced on Facebook to have parties every night of the week, lets see how that goes. :(

There is another illegal place up in the mountains owned & run by thugs doing the same thing, every night just about.

Post the co-ordinates and then we can guess the name of the place and do a name a shame to see if we can help.

Answer is simple but not clever

Just burn these places down

If cannot do that then just FYI he has many partners and other clubs so if he is locked away in the North Pole it won't make a difference

Sorry

I would if I was the one in the noise firing line I would try to complain but through the right people

You must push this into him putting in sound proof glass

I do agree if one can spend multiple millions to put up a club and wants to live in samui low key

Then he could start with making his Neibours happy not only is it good manors but it might help him in the future stop some grass coming out and finding a reason to mess with him

As even if he beats the charges and comes back he still would have lost allot of time and money which is an in convince so

If he does beat the charge I would hope he keeps his head down and try's to win back popularity amongst his neighbours

I was once told to never make trouble on my own door step

That way if people still come out and slag him off for his so called past then they have no reason and if he gets add ended then he has the right

I do agree something should be done about the noise specially if they can afford it

In Mexico it's the "oompah oompah" music. Same complaining by USA retirees on the forums there.

There are sacrifices you make living close to civilization plus leaving your own culture, where the boundaries between human beings, whether physical or aural, are different. Get used to it.

If you can't live with that, I've got some riverfront property on the Yukon River you might consider, with only a four-hour dogsled ride into the next village. The only downside to that, is that you have to put up with your howling huskies on full moon nights vs. the Full Moon parties at your place. Life's a beach, ain't it?

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 2

In Mexico it's the "oompah oompah" music. Same complaining by USA retirees on the forums there.

There are sacrifices you make living close to civilization plus leaving your own culture, where the boundaries between human beings, whether physical or aural, are different. Get used to it.

If you can't live with that, I've got some riverfront property on the Yukon River you might consider, with only a four-hour dogsled ride into the next village. The only downside to that, is that you have to put up with your howling huskies on full moon nights vs. the Full Moon parties at your place. Life's a beach, ain't it?

Yes it is difficult line to tread on one hand we come here for the freedom

At the same time those freedoms can work against you

In some cases where breaking the rules and it helping in your favour is great but when someone else breaks the laws against your favour then it is a bit of karma biting

Sometimes starting a business or building a house is like spinning a wheel as to how your lifestyle shall turn out

I could imagine hay some of these houses and villas would cost about 100 times more in England or your own country

Planning permission would not be allowed for nearly all these buildings in some places

Bribes are out of the question

So the price if living around paradise which is affordable is the problems that are on here

Also political instability can hurt businesses, baht strengthening we along extra

So nothing is full proof just have to hit and hope

As for the noise I would suggest sending out leaflets for a meeting

Have a meeting

If there are some influential people at that meeting then push for another meeting and ask for the mayor to come or someone in authority

Maybe you can find a soliton that suites everybody

Thailand is famous for clearing problems

• Like 1

Hi

Was passing through Banrak last night and too be honest I am not suprised the neighbours complain that is just too loud and too close to residential property

If they had glass walls up stairs then as least it might cut the noise down towards the sea

I hope the owner comes back so he can do something about it

• Like 1

why would they go to the expense of putting in double glazing and sound proofing when they don't have to, he wants an open beach club feel. Sufficient payments to the BIB cover that. You can spend all night calling the police in Samui to complain there will not be a response.

Seriously tree ear plugs from Home Pro do cut out a lot of noise, i take them every where and used them in Samui. Shaped like a fir tree and orange hence the name. Failing that do as I did and leave, for me it was the the Lake parties. No other way unfortunately to escape it and the owner of the place in question does have an awful lot of money to fight any case against him, but as everybody should know it would not get to that.

Do feel for people having to put up with it, usually all base and speakers facing outwards.

• Like 1

why would they go to the expense of putting in double glazing and sound proofing when they don't have to, he wants an open beach club feel. Sufficient payments to the BIB cover that. You can spend all night calling the police in Samui to complain there will not be a response.

Seriously tree ear plugs from Home Pro do cut out a lot of noise, i take them every where and used them in Samui. Shaped like a fir tree and orange hence the name. Failing that do as I did and leave, for me it was the the Lake parties. No other way unfortunately to escape it and the owner of the place in question does have an awful lot of money to fight any case against him, but as everybody should know it would not get to that.

Do feel for people having to put up with it, usually all base and speakers facing outwards.

I understand what u are saying but surly if these bar owners have money to pay police then putting up some glass walls on each side of the building would be pea nuts and might cut costs to old bill down

At least sound club he noise is contained

Also the more they keep the noise in the less attention it shall attract from the people they don't want sniffing round

Just baffles me that with all this money flying about why they can't putting a lifting extra in their budget to keep their neighbour happy

When I first read this people were happy that the owner was arrested and that was mainly due to the noise generated

If he wants to support or the tolerance of his neighbours that a clever tactic would be to keep them on side

Or there could me more snakes in the grasses which ain't good for business

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update about Dreamers: The last 2-3 weeks have been really nice, the only loud party was at Songkran. Sometimes they annouced parties but few people showed up, so they didnt play loud or late at night (different to before, thanks for that ;) )

Also the Dreamers parking across the road is now closed, would be nice if this story comes to an end.

• Like 2

Alcohol ban Saturday night & the music still thumping as I write this.

Just out of interest

When there is an alcohol ban is that only ban from selling not ban from drinking otherwise I can imagine people buying alcohol the night before and having a party

Alcohol ban Saturday night & the music still thumping as I write this.

Just out of interest

When there is an alcohol ban is that only ban from selling not ban from drinking otherwise I can imagine people buying alcohol the night before and having a party

Sale of alcohol.