The Singha Tour of Chiang Rai 2013 Oct 19-22

villagefarang

The Singha Tour of Chiang Rai 2013

Singha Park, Chiang Rai, Thailand

October 19-22, 2013

Organized by SINGHA, AMA events and Peter Pouly, the inaugural road bike event is set to become one of the most popular road bike race in Thailand and a hit in SEA cycling calendar.

Located in Northern Thailand in the ancient kingdom of Lanna and in the world renowned Golden Triangle, the race course offers the most spectacular and breathtaking sceneries in South East Asia.

The routes are in excellent condition and car free which guarantees a very safe environment for the athletes.

The second stage on Sunday October 20 will be open to all riders (MTB and Road bikes) and over 1500 riders are expected to take part.

thanks for the heads up, VF.

I did the inaugural Singha MTB race last year. It was one of the best organized events I've ever done and certainly the best value race I've ever been involved with.

I doubt I'll be able to change my travel plans to make it to this road race, but I highly recommend it to anyone who can get to Chiang Rai.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

from http://bicyclethailand.com/events/:

The organizing committee of “The Singha Tour of Chiang Rai”, Peter Pouly and Active Management Asia have decided to postpone the event to a more suitable date in 2014. This has been a difficult decision but it has been done in order to provide an even better quality event next year. The new date will be announced very soon. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

from http://bicyclethailand.com/events/:

The organizing committee of “The Singha Tour of Chiang Rai”, Peter Pouly and Active Management Asia have decided to postpone the event to a more suitable date in 2014. This has been a difficult decision but it has been done in order to provide an even better quality event next year. The new date will be announced very soon. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the update. Sure hope they get things sorted as I think things like this are good for Chiang Rai.smile.png

I understand there is quite a high entry fee for this race, compared to the lower cost of the Masters Tour of Chiang Mai. It will not have been UCI categorised or probably not approved by the Thai Cycling Association. That's not such a problem in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

But maybe this could be a nice substitutional event for this year ...:

Nov. 16th:

SINGHA MTB Thailand Open 2013 at Singha Farm Festival. Singha Farm Festival event will run from November 13 until November 17, 2013. The SINGHA MTB Thailand Open 2013 race will be on November 16. Location: SINGHA Park (Boon Rawd Farm), Chiang Rai province. Entry fee: Online registration (http://www.boonrawdfarm.com/farmfest/register.php) from 12 Sep 16 Oct = 500 Baht. From 17 Oct 6 Nov = 1,000 Baht. Registration available at the event location 7 16 Nov = 1,000 Baht. VIP Category = 1,000 Baht. Registration time on race date: 0630-0830. Race start time: 0845. Awards ceremony and prize giving time: 1300. End of race: 1500. Every registered participant will receive a SINGHA limited edition cycling jersey and water bottle until quantities run out. Categories: several different categories by age and gender. Money prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in nearly every category. (from http://bicyclethailand.com/events/)

• Like 1