Job adverts!

Eddy B

I only just had a quick look for jobs online and was amazed at the amount of schools looking for teachers. It is only the first week of August and the 1st semester finishes, usually at the end of September or first week of October. Why is this? Is it because of teachers leaving their schools out of contract, low pay, bad management or something else? It would be interesting to know this trend.

Edited by SlyAnimal
Edited out URL

Quite simple really. The powers that be did not think through the new rules before they implemented them. There are now a lot of good teachers who are suddenly not qualified to do a job they have been doing for years. Hence there are many schools looking for teachers.

• Like 1

Quite simple really. The powers that be did not think through the new rules before they implemented them. There are now a lot of good teachers who are suddenly not qualified to do a job they have been doing for years. Hence there are many schools looking for teachers.

I guess you're talking about the requirements set by The Teachers' Council of Thailand, puchooay.

They've been there since 2006!

The need for a degree to get a waiver was enforced in 2012.

You're right but they were not made in 2012.

Volume 123 Special Part 83 D Government Gazette July 31, 2006

Clause 3 Any Applicant with at least one year of experience in teaching operations and the following educational qualification shall have passed the knowledge evaluation criteria under Clause 2 (1) (2):
(1) Educational degree; or
(2) Other degrees with a foreign license to practice the teaching profession or a graduate diploma in education taking at least one year of study.
Clause 4 Any Applicant with at least one year of experience in teaching operations and other degrees without either a foreign license to practice the teaching profession or a graduate diploma in education taking at least one year of study shall have passed the knowledge evaluation criteria under Clause 2 (1) (2) and (3).

I guess you're talking about the requirements set by The Teachers' Council of Thailand, puchooay.

They've been there since 2006!

You are right that, Thailand has set the standards of what they want from teachers wanting to teach but they are not practical. A person who is a non-native speaker manages to get a job over a native speaker who, just because they do not have a nice piece of paper from outside of Thailand. The Thai system is going to get a very hard wake-up call come ASEAN, not just education. They are by far the most xenophobic people I have ever encounted apart from France....Sorry! TCT? who are these misfits!! They are all corrupt and that is why they are making honest people pay money..........like you most possibly, to jump through their hoops and make you a better person/teacher!

• Like 1

That 'nice piece of paper' consumes considerable resources to obtain. A degree is proof that the holder has a 'degree' of competence and the basic skill set employers want. Including the Ministry of Education, clearly. If you wish to fit in somewhere do as the locals do. It annoys me when any individual thinks their word is more important than another's. The opinion of a 'visitor' counts for nothing here or anywhere else and rightly so. Don't know why I'm wasting my time writing this. Best of luck & keep smiling.

Edited by Scott
font
  • Like 1