Biking Photos, News, Rumors

mania

Nice Bimota db6's. Looks like Keeway copied the exhausts for their 600 model.Same small openings as well. Well its better to steal a good idea then to come up with a bad idea of your own (honda cbr 250 exhaust comes to mind lol )

• Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Bimota db6's. Looks like Keeway copied the exhausts for their 600 model.Same small openings as well. Well its better to steal a good idea then to come up with a bad idea of your own (honda cbr 250 exhaust comes to mind lol )

Benelli did not copied the design from the Bimota DB6, the Benelli BN600 is designed by the same designer... therefore some elements which are reconcilable are not from Bimota but more a personal statement/touch from the designer.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Benelli did not copied the design from the Bimota DB6, the Benelli BN600 is designed by the same designer... therefore some elements which are reconcilable are not from Bimota but more a personal statement/touch from the designer.

interesting, i did not know that. who is the designer ?

The Benelli BN600 was developed by an Italian design team under the supervision of Mr. Pierluigi Marconi. Pierluigi Marconi also worked for Bimota. Mr. Pierluigi Marconi after the design was approved stayed on as Technical Director (head of design and production) at Benelli QJ with most of his Italian staff.

The Benelli BN600 was developed by an Italian design team under the supervision of Mr. Pierluigi Marconi. Pierluigi Marconi also worked for Bimota. Mr. Pierluigi Marconi after the design was approved stayed on as Technical Director (head of design and production) at Benelli QJ with most of his Italian staff.

He was at Benelli from 2001 - 2010 then left for Gas Gas.. so the current BN600 design must be a previous to 2010. So he was right they take a long time to put designs into production.

Marconi stayed with Benelli, becoming CEO/Chief Engineer in 2005. He quit in summer 2010 in frustration at the company's owners, Quianjiang, refusal to put new designs into production. He's now working for Gas-Gas, leading the Spanish off road bike manufacturers' project to build a side valve four stroke engine.

I guess they dont sell these here?

kind of interesting though

KAWASAKI NINJA KRR ZX150

A 2 Stroke Ninja 150 liquid cooled single cylinder

About the same hp as a 250 ninja 4 stroke

Weight is only 124kg

http://tbsmotor.com.my/kawasaki/kawasaki-ninja-krr-zx150.html

a1.jpg

That was the last model lineup in the KRR series, I had one in BKK.

They were really plush rides, even had gear indicators. I wouldnt mind getting another if i find one in good condition. Theyre about 22-25k used now....still retain value and highly sought after.

• Like 1

He was at Benelli from 2001 - 2010 then left for Gas Gas.. so the current BN600 design must be a previous to 2010. So he was right they take a long time to put designs into production.

Marconi stayed with Benelli, becoming CEO/Chief Engineer in 2005. He quit in summer 2010 in frustration at the company's owners, Quianjiang, refusal to put new designs into production. He's now working for Gas-Gas, leading the Spanish off road bike manufacturers' project to build a side valve four stroke engine.

I said “worked” not “works”, yes Mr. Pierluigi Marconi currently not works for Benelli that is true.

The original design from Mr. Pierluigi included hub-steering, similar to the Bimota Tesi 3D, the Chinese owners found that a bit to extreme for a budget motorcycle from a manufacturer who was recovering from a serious crisis. The selected a more conventional front suspension and steering, in an interview not long after that Mr. Pierluigi called the new Chinese owners visionless and not willing to embrace the future. But on the otherhand how many manufacturers have sold “successful” a motorcycle with hub-steering?

Personally I can understand that the Benelli board of directors went for a regular front end for the BN600. When Benelli S.p.A was bought by the Qianjiang Group it was in bad shape and not much people would have trusted a budget Benelli machine with hub-steering.

Maybe here is a good place to share one lap with you on the famous Nürburgring, called "The green Hell".

Enjoy the ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inc9cGasgsA

And please read the informations at the beginning of the video, its important for better understanding. thumbsup.gif

Thanks that was very good.

I never really looked at the whole Nurburgring on board

Very nice! That far right section looking at the onscreen map was

especially good.

The rider in the video was cooking along. His closure speed on other

riders & passing inside/outside was fun to watch too.

Thanks

PS: Not sure why your link did not embed but here it is again