Thailand to use cat bags to entice tourists

webfact

Chinese & Cats..... let me think about that for a moment, reminds me of something.....

tumblr_m9o8a4ZgZq1rf2vc2o1_500.gif

...yet China is a country where Dogs are eaten ! post-4641-1156694005.gif

The beckoning cat (maneki neko) is Japanese, not Chinese.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm not overly find of cats, the Siamese cat is a beautiful creature, and one of Thailand's gifts to the world. Many people don't know Thailand used to be called Siam, so I feel that this is a good way to advertise Thailand's ancient heritage. However, the cat's collar seems rather cheap. Why didn't they use a nice golden baht chain, which is another beautiful thing commonly associated with Thailand and the glory of Ancient Siam? It was a good idea, but like many things politicians do, they were in a rush to get something done without really thinking things through completely.

Edited by Kabayo66

Thousands upon thousands of stray cats in Bangkok which are a health hazard.

Perhaps they could do something about that problem, rather than this pointless tosh?

Dogs are a bigger problem i.m.o.

I've never stepped in catshit. But at least 10 times in dogshit.

• Like 2

Perhaps they could do something about that problem, rather than this pointless tosh?

on the positive side, I haven't seen that many mice whistling.gif

given the choice between cats and mice, I'll take cats.thumbsup.gif

On the negative side, I haven't seen that many birds either sad.png

i like cats

Really?

I <deleted> hate cats, they are a waste of time.

We had a cat once, but I am pretty sure my ex-father in law ate it as it suddenly disappeared and when asking if anyone had seen it nobody would say a word.

Good in laws you chose ??? better you hate you ex F in Law, and nobody would say a word ??? I would rather take care of a loving house cat than be married into a family like that---didn't you vet your future in laws before moving in with them ???? normal for ex pat to do. After all your only after regular pussy. Amazing.

Meh, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Those bags are used as a brand recognition marketing device, that's it. Siamese cat => Siam => Thailand. Et voila.

What's ironic is that Thais don't give a crap about their own cat breeds. It's very rare to see a wichien maat or seesawat, and very hard to find one to adopt. On the other hand, they just love the retarded looking Persia cats, no idea why.

Dogs are a bigger problem i.m.o.

I've never stepped in catshit. But at least 10 times in dogshit.

And if it's old droppings ???? pewk. cats do bury and cover in general, dogs like horses cows let it drop anywhere, cats are cleaner.

Talking about street dogs in general. non doctored Tom cats urine is strong-and queens yell and scream at all hours of the night. Free range cats/dogs are a menace---but some posters forget it's not the animals fault, please show your anger to the SH##s in this world that do not take care. Chooka go out and punch your neighbours noses, if your inundated with the animals -time to move home it seems to be upsetting your home life.

Back OT. The Thai orchid, or elephant, are the best adverts for this country. Or tell Thai airways to have a Siam cat face on the front of their aircraft--same Nok Air with the bird. Air Asia could have the elephant painted on the front.

some more 'cat' references..........

the cat's out of the bag (or 'on the bag', in this case)

Abhisit walked like a 'cat on a hot tin roof' in response to the 2010 Red siege of Bkk.

Dear Ms Yingluck, please say what you're really thinking. Cat's got your tongue?

If you're traveling with your wife, don't go sneaking off to the cat house

I wish Thai politics was as simple as 'a cat and mouse game.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ok, I got it out of my system. I'll shut up now, and go outside and play with my CAT (caterpillar earth moving machine)

I'm amazed that such an idea has generated 7 pages of posts already. The TAT certainly know how to come up with ideas that attract people attention. This must count as a success.

Truly a fine line between ridicule and attention.......

Does it matter? No such thing as bad news for this sort of thing! Unless of course you are BA and just painted the tails of all your planes in stupid colours

i like cats

Really?

We had a cat once, but I am pretty sure my ex-father in law ate it as it suddenly disappeared and when asking if anyone had seen it nobody would say a word.

Good in laws you chose ??? better you hate you ex F in Law, and nobody would say a word ??? I would rather take care of a loving house cat than be married into a family like that---didn't you vet your future in laws before moving in with them ???? normal for ex pat to do. After all your only after regular pussy. Amazing.

Vet the in laws?

I thought a Vet was a place to take a cat to have it put down???

i like cats

Really?

Vet the in laws?

I thought a Vet was a place to take a cat to have it put down???

Nice try to get out of answering my post properly. Super FAMILY you lived with. speaks volumes.

Nice try to get out of answering my post properly. Super FAMILY you lived with. speaks volumes.

I love winding up cat people. Without fail they bite so easily.

I had a turtle once, didn't eat it though.

• Like 2

I love winding up cat people. Without fail they bite so easily.

I had a turtle once, didn't eat it though.

I love winding up people who choose to live with odd not normal families.

i like cats

I hate cats.

Can't tell ya how much your avatar punctuates your statement.

Well done mate clap2.gif

Over 200 posts and wonderfully entertaining for this slow Friday afternoon.

Cheers to all cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Dap

I am not sure why all the rancor here. I have seen items like this from many countries, and to be specific, bags. Some feature animals native to a region, some have landmarks, some people in native dress, some beaches or other attractions. What all are trying to do, I believe, is just getting people to notice and make a connection with the country.

I first started seeing bags like these in the US some years ago, and then I noticed them in Europe, and Japan. Now, I see them in pretty much every airport and every market in pretty much every country I visit. In the feline category, I saw one in London with a British Shorthair cat on it.

• Like 1

Surely a Buffalo would have been a good image

What about Sheep? I love sheep. Knew one once called Susan. She had lovely brown eyes....oh..erm.. sorry - getting carried away there

Surely you pulled the wool over her eyes first?whistling.gif

• Like 1