EPL in Ubon

Sandgroper1066

Having a couple of beers to celebrate having organised CTH satellite in Ubon.All the televised EPL matches,plus Australia Network (bonus!), V8 Supercars,F1,Sky News,movie channels,docu channels etc, 30 in HD and cheaper than True Visions.Very helpful and efficient (so far). They claim to guarantee EPL for the next three years.

Instalation is supposed to take place with-in 7 days,smile.png

BTW,after cancelling True,I received a phone call from them offering all sorts of deals.I guess they are feeling the pinch!

Cheers drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

• Like 2

I paid CTH up-front for their satellite system - excellent value for money and good picture too. Total cost 25,030 with nothing more to pay for the next 3 years. That's the 599 baht per month option. The 3 year's subscription is less than I was paying True Visions for one year. There are 6 dedicated HD channels for the EPL - No. 131 to 136. They also show F1 and MotoGP. Lots of good sporting options.

If you are looking for another good bargain try the True Online Internet package - 15 MBPS down / 1.5 MBPS up, free house phone line (no fee for first 12 months) and 100 bahts worth of calls for free each month, free 4-port wireless router and free 92 channel True Visions package, including True Sport 2, 5,6 and 7, True Sport HD2 and Golf HD. Total cost 999 baht per month + one-off fee of 1000 baht for the True Visions set top box. That should give you the European Football Champions league. Just watched all the recent Liverpool friendly games. Another value for money package.

Does CTH show any rugby?

The only thing I now like about True is it has Santanta with loads of rugby but gonna miss the footie so in 2 minds wether to chabge.

After some deliberation I got rid of True Vision at the beginning of the year. I had reservations about cancelling due to the fact that, to me, the only channel worthwhile watching was Setanta for the rugby union and league. I chose to buy a years subscription to Setanta online instead and therefore can watch all the games that I want online. Heaps cheaper and can watch the games when I want.

Thanks for the idea sezzo and it is fine if you have a decent internet connection but mine in Chayapoum wouldn't be fast enough. In Bangkok where it is fast I also watch online. $5/month and you can see everything on livetv4ever

No Somo, CTH does not supply Setanta or any other dedicated rugby channel (or any channel that is likely to show anything other than news-clip type recordings of rugby) as best as I can tell.

I am keeping a lesser True package (Super Knowledge) as well as buying CTH. One of the reasons being was that this package, at 590 baht a month including VAT (all CTH prices forget to tell you about VAT by the way), includes Setanta

Soccer is OK to watch every now and then, but does anyone offer NFL games? Seems CTH is just catering to the Europeans here.

You can't be that bothered about watching NFL then. Every NFL fan should know that it is only shown on ASN, for which you have to pay princely Platinum prices to True, unfortunatelysmile.png. They used to give little promotions and put ASN on Gold for short whiles to try to trade one up.

Doff your cap to the English Premier League soccer though JCB. Having lost the English football True has had to reduce the price of its top packages that previously showed it.

Update: Jeez - I've just checked and True have not reduced Platinum (they have reduced Gold which is where most English football fans resided) - Platinum still at 2,000 baht per month. Rip off ba$tards.

You will probably get some highlights and news coverage of NFL on one of the Fox Sports channels on CTH. They carry several including Fox Sports News. We will probably only know where we can glean a bit of cheaper coverage when the NFL season starts.

Great game by the way NFL - after watching the Oilers in Houston for two years in the late 70s I could not adjust getting back to English football - cold outdoor weather and grotty mutton pies compared to cold beer and warm hotdogs delivered to your seat in a 75 degree airconditioned stadium. Took me best part of 15 years to rediscover the joy of proper football!

• Like 1

Yes and what a pain to get rid of. It also installs: Web Cake and a toolbar (forgot the name sorry) .

I decided to delete them all; hope to find another way to watch sports online w/out the sneeky/unwanted add ons.

Right!

I didn't see Web Cake at first look. But decided to run a complete system scan and found it.

Soccer is OK to watch every now and then, but does anyone offer NFL games? Seems CTH is just catering to the Europeans here.

Great game by the way NFL - after watching the Oilers in Houston for two years in the late 70s I could not adjust getting back to English football - cold outdoor weather and grotty mutton pies compared to cold beer and warm hotdogs delivered to your seat in a 75 degree airconditioned stadium. Took me best part of 15 years to rediscover the joy of proper football!

Hahaha....I do love that Santisuk......the joy of proper football when talking about a game that they play using their hands.....lol

HL biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Come on guys, as an expat for over 35 years I was used to crap TV in HK, Phils but when I relocated to Bangkok 10 years ago True were a godsend. Now things have changed, but they still have brilliant channels, it all depends on your budget. Now I am in China, I still have True legally, but to get over the EPL problem I installed Vietnam and the two marry very well.

It seems to me that most objectors are those who have been breastfed and are out of their comfort zone and living on very small budgets, which to me is worrying if that is the standard of posters today. I am not knocking, merely observing so flaming is not necessary.

Come on guys, as an expat for over 35 years I was used to crap TV in HK, Phils but when I relocated to Bangkok 10 years ago True were a godsend. Now things have changed, but they still have brilliant channels, it all depends on your budget. Now I am in China, I still have True legally, but to get over the EPL problem I installed Vietnam and the two marry very well.

It seems to me that most objectors are those who have been breastfed and are out of their comfort zone and living on very small budgets, which to me is worrying if that is the standard of posters today. I am not knocking, merely observing so flaming is not necessary.

Quite agree, that's why I have kept True Platinum aswell. For me CTH is only good for the EPL and Sky News and a handful of movies. I won't be dumping it for a while. (also my 6 year old needs her nightly 7PM Tom & Jerry fix).

I might threaten to drop it, though, and see what kind of deals they come up with!!

Cheers!

But you've paid already, Dreamrider (as have I - the one year deal aslo - I would not trust them further ....... and I might fall under a bus without getting full valuew00t.gif ) so I guess threatening to drop it aint much of a threat!

Doh!

Have to keep CTH for the Arsenal League games and True Gold for the Arsenal Champions League ties. Not sure where you see the FA Cup games if at all and I care nothing for that other wretched [insert this years sponsor] cup. Getting to be a rich mans sports is football supporting.

But you've paid already, Dreamrider (as have I - the one year deal aslo - I would not trust them further ....... and I might fall under a bus without getting full valuew00t.gif ) so I guess threatening to drop it aint much of a threat!

Doh!

Have to keep CTH for the Arsenal League games and True Gold for the Arsenal Champions League ties. Not sure where you see the FA Cup games if at all and I care nothing for that other wretched [insert this years sponsor] cup. Getting to be a rich mans sports is football supporting.

Beg pardon; I meant threaten to drop True Visions and see what deals emerge - as with Sandgroper.

Please give one the benefit of the doubt with such ambiguity; we are not all eloquent, literate bean-counters like your good self!!

Edited by DreamRider

EPL on CTH is a 3 year contract as was the one with True which finished at the end of last season, no rugby but they may add additional sports as there audience grows much like True did.

TSP 8 (formerly TSE1) is the True channel housing Setanta Sports with its excellent worldwide rugby coverage - both codes, plus some Irish and Australian foot/handball.

Worth noting that TSP 8 is available on the following True programme packages (per month package + equipment fee shown)

Platinum (ThB 2,155)

Gold (ThB 1,568)

Super Family (ThB 1,054)

Super Knowledge (ThB 590)

Super Knowledge still only 590 baht looks good value

Super Family is a reborn Super Entertainment package - 200 baht more expensive, but containing ASN now - NFL (US 'football') fans take note. ASN is not on Gold

Anyone who likes English Premier League Football, European Champions League Football, Rugby and NFL (like me) would have to buy CTH and True Platinum - 3 grand plus a monthcrying.gif .

CTH and True Super Knowledge is an economic proposition if you are prepared to drop Champions League (like I will do, once Arsenal fall out of it facepalm.gif )

Full details of Sports programming (E&OE) in attached pdf

Thai TV comparison Sports worksheet only 05sep13.pdffile.

Yes Dreamrider - just meant as a tease! I'm in the running for title of "Most Anal ThaiV member 2013" biggrin.png

Edited by SantiSuk

I have CTH just for sat & sun footy, apart from that its turned off.

I would never get rid of True but I will probably downsize from Platinum when my renewal time comes up. It is the three BBC channels that I watch and they are an extra 100 baht per month so can be added to any package.

HL biggrin.png

• Like 1

I have CTH just for sat & sun footy, apart from that its turned off.

I would never get rid of True but I will probably downsize from Platinum when my renewal time comes up. It is the three BBC channels that I watch and they are an extra 100 baht per month so can be added to any package.

HL biggrin.png

That's worth knowing happylarry. I did not, thanks. It'll be CTH plus True Super Knowledge plus 3xBeeb then for me - sometime before Xmas