New Water Park

rocky123

Any updates on the New Water theme park. Thought it would be up and running this year. Have family with young kids visiting next year and they would love to go to something like this, so planning thier dates around the opening. Many Thamks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove past the Cartoon Network park the other day and I think the signs said opening 2014, seems like quite a lot of progress of late so might be true.

edit - just looked at the website and it says "late 2013"

Edited by Upnotover

I'm hearing January 2014 the official opening.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

They will open progressively over 4 to 5 stages so when it finally does open there will be on going construction for quite a while after

• 8 months later...

Have they planned a parking lot or will everyone just park on the highway? The u-turn at Nong Nooch will become a very dangerous area.

1: What do you think? Using my common sense I would say yes, they will have a parking lot for sure.

2: Yes indeed, we were going back from there towards Pattaya 2 days ago and crossing Sukhumvit was scary stuff man and when the water park opens it will be even worse if they don't have something else planned.

Have they planned a parking lot or will everyone just park on the highway? The u-turn at Nong Nooch will become a very dangerous area.

1: What do you think? Using my common sense I would say yes, they will have a parking lot for sure.

2: Yes indeed, we were going back from there towards Pattaya 2 days ago and crossing Sukhumvit was scary stuff man and when the water park opens it will be even worse if they don't have something else planned.

Regarding the parking I asked because I used to work near there and didn't see an entrance unless they use un-usable soi 50.

Major works have stopped I was told as the permits required for the ongoing work have not been forthcoming.

I understand that the demand for PG Tips was quite excessive plus as has been noted on this topic access to the park & associated facitities are no where to be seen.

By the time this place is ready parts of it will be quite old & the weather combines with salt air really do take a toll

Regarding the parking I asked because I used to work near there and didn't see an entrance unless they use un-usable soi 50.

Is there a possibility that have an entrance at the beach side /

I notice that the atractions are all close to the road, but that there is quite some empty space towards the seaside.

I remember way back being told by the developers that the land opposite the park across the highway was also owned by them.

A pretty large area has now been levelled off and graded and looks like it will be the parking lot for the park, I would think they will have to put in a footbridge or lights or an pedestrian underpass if in fact this will be the car park.

Is there a possibility that have an entrance at the beach side /

I notice that the atractions are all close to the road, but that there is quite some empty space towards the seaside.

No space down there, hotel on one side and scb training center on the other.

Sent from my LG-P970

I remember way back being told by the developers that the land opposite the park across the highway was also owned by them.

A pretty large area has now been levelled off and graded and looks like it will be the parking lot for the park, I would think they will have to put in a footbridge or lights or an pedestrian underpass if in fact this will be the car park.

And the ones that make it across Sukhumvit get free entrance laugh.png

I am afraid that Rimmer is correct. I live near there and have watched them spend a fortune in grading and installing water run off for that parking lot across the street . There is also a two story building next to it that looks like it may be the office building for the park administration. How in the world they are going to get the people who park there across the street is a real mystery and if history is a guide most Thais will want to park on the road and then run across Sukumvit

For those who think that there may be an entrance on the back side between the beach and the park I seriously doubt it since the original site was supposed to be " Las Vegas " type of resort that would have extended from Sukumvit all the way to the water. That project died from lack of funds so the parcel was broken down and sold off in lots, so the rear area, like the lots right and left are not owned by the water park

What I have to laugh about though is that there is a very high priced two story home development directly across the street on the Nong Nuch side of Sukumvit and I can just imagine buying an expensive home there only to not be able to enter on the week ends, like those who bought in the expensive development next to the Pattay Floating Market, who can't even see their entrance on certain days

Buzz at the Bang Saray Songkran festival was that they would open in July

Maybe, but I am still waiting to figure out how they are going to get the customers from the huge parking lot on the busy South bound side of Sukumvit to the water park which is on the North bound side of Sukumvit

Here are some pics taken today: L to R.: Parking lot and park office ?, looking South, homes in this development start at 9.9 MB and is directly across from Water Park, looking North at edge of park and wider view

post-10942-0-56687700-1398140892_thumb.jpost-10942-0-43032900-1398139711_thumb.j post-10942-0-78533600-1398139828_thumb.j post-10942-0-64407400-1398139946_thumb.j post-10942-0-86463400-1398140020_thumb.j

Yes, but the million dollar question is how are they going to get the customers across the road from the parking lot to the water park ?

A foot bridge that we all know Thais will not use ?

A Tunnel under Sukumvit that will flood every rain shower ?

A bus or tram system that will go up to the Nong Nooch U-turn and back to the Ban Baramee U-turn ?

Or most likely nothing , let the customers get across on their own

• Like 1