rocky123

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh knows it

Around there is sign to chellange park dunno whats that

mataleo

Challenge Park is what I would call a commercial physical training obstacle course. It is in the middle of a group of private residences off of Sukumvit.

If you want to take a look at it, coming from Pattaya, make a right across Sukumvit at the first road that goes to Bang Saray Beach, then make another right at the first road to your right where they are building a multi story condo. Follow the road and you will see it on your left

post-10942-0-65096000-1398306702_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They still have to recruit staff including lifeguards of a certain standard & then train everyone.

A lot of that can only be done onsite when everything's up & running.

I wonder what the pricing will be like for non-Nationals.

What a mess the traffic will be, in that area, especially at closing time. Everyone in a hurry, as usual, and racing to the next U turn, to head back up to Patts or Bkk. Lots of accidents. I would have thought that if they are considering an underpass or over pass from the parking area, it would have already been started. It will be a nightmare if the buses park like at the Floating Market. Of course, there will always be the chance that it will never be completed!

What a mess the traffic will be, in that area, especially at closing time. Everyone in a hurry, as usual, and racing to the next U turn, to head back up to Patts or Bkk. Lots of accidents. I would have thought that if they are considering an underpass or over pass from the parking area, it would have already been started. It will be a nightmare if the buses park like at the Floating Market. Of course, there will always be the chance that it will never be completed!

No, the water park itself is too close to completion for them to stop now. But there has been absolutely no movement on where the tour buses or private cars are going to park, how access to the park is going to be controlled, and exactly how they are going to handle crowd control

What is even more mysterious is why in the world they allowed the building of the water park so close to Sukumvit, can't figure out what will happen when Suk is widened to three lanes each way which is inevitable

Thai + residents (with drivers license / 1-y visa) 1200 adult, 900 child.

30,000 was the promotion price for family year pass (2 adult, 2 children) but don't know still promotional period or not

Foreign tourist might indeed be 1400, can't remember if for foreign tourist there's any child reduction though.

I have been informed that the so called car park will in fact be a market place. Perhaps logic will prevail and they will build a car park behind the water park on the same side of the Sukhumvit.........but then this is Thailand.

I labelled the first two photos above as a " car park " since it appears to be the only area near the new water park where there is any semblance of a lot for parking. In the rear of the current construction there is absolutely no ongoing construction or even the clearing of land to indicate a future car / bus parking area

The mystery continues.........

I have been informed that the so called car park will in fact be a market place. Perhaps logic will prevail and they will build a car park behind the water park on the same side of the Sukhumvit.........but then this is Thailand.

I labelled the first two photos above as a " car park " since it appears to be the only area near the new water park where there is any semblance of a lot for parking. In the rear of the current construction there is absolutely no ongoing construction or even the clearing of land to indicate a future car / bus parking area

The mystery continues.........

At the entrance prices as posted above, they probably don't need a car park.

• Like 1

"**To qualify for Thai Residents rate - Thai citizenship & Thai Residency (Expats with work permits, "O" type visas, Student Visas, Diplomatic Visas are eligible) Please note Tourist Visas are not applicable."

Not really an issue for me as I have no family and a perfectly satisfactory large pool in my condo building, but I really cant see any reason to extort an extra 25% from tourists just because they are tourists.

That said, the 5000B annual weekday pass for a single adult is good value when compared to the cost of a daily ticket (1300/1700B) or even a yearly subscription to a regular pool elsewhere.

"**To qualify for Thai Residents rate - Thai citizenship & Thai Residency (Expats with work permits, "O" type visas, Student Visas, Diplomatic Visas are eligible) Please note Tourist Visas are not applicable."

Not really an issue for me as I have no family and a perfectly satisfactory large pool in my condo building, but I really cant see any reason to extort an extra 25% from tourists just because they are tourists.

That said, the 5000B annual weekday pass for a single adult is good value when compared to the cost of a daily ticket (1300/1700B) or even a yearly subscription to a regular pool elsewhere.

I really can't see them being ready to open in 2 months but the website looks decent enough

I really can't see them being ready to open in 2 months but the website looks decent enough

Web site says absolutely nothing about parking and the graphic: Park Info > Park Map does not show any parking and the entrance clearly will be on the North Bound lane of Sukumvit

But is it safe to go there? Just read about that electrocution in the swimming pool in BKK, how can we be sure the electrical work in this water park is of a high standard ?

Web site says absolutely nothing about parking and the graphic: Park Info > Park Map does not show any parking and the entrance clearly will be on the North Bound lane of Sukumvit

There is a huge parking at the East side of the waterpark. It's about 25 meters wide and many kilometers long.

The tourist doesn't pay 25% more, don't worry ... The Thai resident get's 20% discount in order to make them repeat customer.

Indeed. It mentions buses and taxis several times, but not parking.

• 1 month later...

Any word on opening date?

The website appears to suggest that August is the likely start month - based on the calendar indicating the annual pass validity dates, these passes being made available for sale this week..

There is also mention of 'Soft Opening Coming Soon' but no date noted.

I drove past cartoon network water park on Monday. There where already a few children, probably from the construction site, playing in the water. At first I thought they already opened so I stopped and asked a security guard.

He told me soft opening is on 31. July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75er02Poes&list=TLlE8V-vX-TNCiNMgHsntgDEOhaP-vvcR1

• Like 2

Thai + residents (with drivers license / 1-y visa) 1200 adult, 900 child.

30,000 was the promotion price for family year pass (2 adult, 2 children) but don't know still promotional period or not

Foreign tourist might indeed be 1400, can't remember if for foreign tourist there's any child reduction though.

So for a family of 4 that's 4,200 baht, just for a swim. Laughable.

The car park is defintley on the opposite side of the Sukhumvit; there is a sign indicating parking and the U-turn ahead for returning to Pattaya. However, there is no indication as to how people will get from one side of the Sukhumvit to the other, perhaps by shuttle bus or supervised walking, similar to the tourists from the Orient on Pattaya beach road. This will most likely affect the people driving towards Bang Saray/Satthahip, particularly between 5pm and 7pm during rush hours. As others have suggested, the prices are high, and unless these drop, the park may close sooner than initially thought. Should be interesting to see what develops.