New Water Park

rocky123

The car park is defintley on the opposite side of the Sukhumvit; there is a sign indicating parking and the U-turn ahead for returning to Pattaya. However, there is no indication as to how people will get from one side of the Sukhumvit to the other, perhaps by shuttle bus or supervised walking, similar to the tourists from the Orient on Pattaya beach road. This will most likely affect the people driving towards Bang Saray/Satthahip, particularly between 5pm and 7pm during rush hours. As others have suggested, the prices are high, and unless these drop, the park may close sooner than initially thought. Should be interesting to see what develops.

well they should build a saphan like the one nobody uses near the amabassador or better yet, just take that one - then fence off the highway properly to prevent pedestrians trying to outrun traffice or it will become an absolute nightmare 

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it "nightmare". This will continue until somebody loses a life and they will consider a better option. Similar to "the pot hole in the road" scenario...............leave it until someone dies and then fill it temporarily.

Just like the floating market....what a mess.

Have they planned a parking lot or will everyone just park on the highway? The u-turn at Nong Nooch will become a very dangerous area.

But nong nooch should be booming... All they to do is offer free shuttle service to the waterpark and start building more rooms to rent

Plenty of land still open at Nong Nooch ...

"**To qualify for Thai Residents rate - Thai citizenship & Thai Residency (Expats with work permits, "O" type visas, Student Visas, Diplomatic Visas are eligible) Please note Tourist Visas are not applicable."

Not really an issue for me as I have no family and a perfectly satisfactory large pool in my condo building, but I really cant see any reason to extort an extra 25% from tourists just because they are tourists.

That said, the 5000B annual weekday pass for a single adult is good value when compared to the cost of a daily ticket (1300/1700B) or even a yearly subscription to a regular pool elsewhere.

I think the discount for Thai's is because at those prices most can not afford it, but even with the discount I think this is well outside the budget of most Thai's. sad.png 

Well at those prices you do not need to get there at 6 in the morning to beet the Germans to the sun loungers. whistling.gif

This water park dont look good to me.

Not fun..

I wait for Ramajana park

You could be in for a long wait, as of last weekend there is still nothing there but a sign, no activity going on.

• Like 2

I have been whining about this parking problem and how to get the customers across the street since they first started construction and experts here at TV said that the obvious parking lot across the street was going to be another "market"

Just wait till the traffic gets backed up all the way to Ban Amphur with people trying to leave the park and obstructing the U turn before Noon Nooch and we all know how they love to double up the lanes at a U turn.  

The Southbound traffic in that area  has been growing tremendously over the last couple of years without a visible attraction.  I shudder to think what it will be like now

• Like 1

Not fun..

I wait for Ramajana park

You could be in for a long wait, as of last weekend there is still nothing there but a sign, no activity going on.

Their website is saying scheduled to finish second quarter of 2015...
  • Like 1

Not fun..

I wait for Ramajana park

Their website is saying scheduled to finish second quarter of 2015...

Maybe they mean their web hosting.

I have been whining about this parking problem and how to get the customers across the street since they first started construction and experts here at TV said that the obvious parking lot across the street was going to be another "market"

Just wait till the traffic gets backed up all the way to Ban Amphur with people trying to leave the park and obstructing the U turn before Noon Nooch and we all know how they love to double up the lanes at a U turn.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that the area opposite would be a car park (probably with the inevitable food stalls and tacky souvenir shops).

Of course what it needs is a set of traffic lights combined with a pedestrian crossing that would allow pedestrians to cross whilst at the same time allowing cars out of the car park, and I'm a bit surprised that the local council and/or highway authority hasn't had one put in already. Combining this with a car crossing lane would make sense too, but it's still going to be a bottleneck at some times of day, I suspect.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that the area opposite would be a car park (probably with the inevitable food stalls and tacky souvenir shops).

Of course what it needs is a set of traffic lights combined with a pedestrian crossing that would allow pedestrians to cross whilst at the same time allowing cars out of the car park, and I'm a bit surprised that the local council and/or highway authority hasn't had one put in already. Combining this with a car crossing lane would make sense too, but it's still going to be a bottleneck at some times of day, I suspect.

You mean such a set of death trap pedestrian lights like they have all over Pattaya ?

I think the main attraction would be on Sukumvit instead of inside the waterpark

You mean such a set of death trap pedestrian lights like they have all over Pattaya ?

No, I mean a set of traffic lights such as can be found a mile or so down the road at Bang Saray. People do actually stop for the red lights there (mostly).

No more shameless than the mess that is Pataya Floating Market or to a lesser extent Mimosa. Both of which are at least on the South bound lane of Sukumvit. But this is Thailand where money is number one so there are no restrictions or accountability.

Can you imagine the uproar in the West if Disney or Six Flags built an amusement park and the first adventure was dodging the traffic to get to the entrance

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I went to the new Cartoon Network Amazone water park yesterday, 31 July.  Yesterday was the soft opening.  There are plenty of kinks to iron out but I had a blast.  I've been to many water parks in the US and this one has the potential to be world-class.  At this point only Annual Pass holders and their guests, and I believe corporate sponsors and investors are invited, though I was told by a staff member that it's possible daily passes might be allowed in a couple of months. 

The park is not ready for hordes of customers yet, though most of the slides are functional.  There was entertainment, some decent food and beverage service, locker and changing rooms, and the rides ranged from very relaxing and pleasant to delightfully terrifying.  IMO, it was a great way to spend a day.

The grand opening is scheduled toward the end of the year,   By that time everything should be up and running and construction should be complete.  At this point there are tons of friendly, helpful staff in training, and seriously diligent ongoing work to make this park successful.

I share some of the writer's concerns.  The parking and traffic issues need to be ironed out, and I'm hopeful the promo department will find a way to make the park more affordable, perhaps with special promotional events and discounts.  But honestly, somebody has to pay for this exciting and expensive behemoth.

On a personal note, I hate exercise but I love water parks.  Just the climb up the stairs to the slides felt like an enjoyable day of exercise followed by an exhilarating payoff.  Even the children's slides are adult-rated fun.

All in all, IMHO, two thumbs up.  Just don't forget your bucket of sunscreen and lycra swimming shirt (or at least a T-Shirt)  

P.S.  Nope, I'm not a shill or employee of the park.

• Like 2

Nice report - how did you cross the road or did they offer on site parking somewhere?

Everyone parked on the water park side of the Sukhumvit or in the small parking lot onsite.  Nobody used the huge parking lot across the street.  I heard that a U-Turn shuttle or a pedestrian bridge is being considered, though I'm not sure if anything has been decided.

Edited by Lichiyado

Nice report - how did you cross the road or did they offer on site parking somewhere?

Everyone parked on the water park side of the street.  Nobody used the huge parking lot across the street.  I heard that a U-Turn shuttle or a pedestrian bridge is being considered, though I'm not sure if anything has been decided.

ok, I guess they have a spot on the side of the road ?  will be interesting to see what happens on the weekend, and especially forthcoming long weekend. 

Anyone know how late it will stay open? As we know Thais do not like sun.

For now, the park is open from 10:00 to 18:00.  No idea if they'll extend to evening hours later on.  I hope so.  Night festivities at this water park would be an absolute hoot.  Regarding sun, yup, they need to work on their shade.  It's OK now...plenty of seats and loungers with umbrellas but once the park swings its doors wide open, everyone will be clamoring for shade.  A few buildings, now in construction, will provide some shade but I'm not sure if it will be enough.  For me, 18:00 would be my ideal arrival time!

Edited by Lichiyado
  • Like 1