DSI boss warns Phuket's 'influential people'

webfact

Seriously?! Police warns criminals to stop? Where is the justice here? All these scams for years and decades will be forgotten if they stop now?

I thought this is DSI. Special Investiogations Police of Thailand who came as last hope to get ride of these Scammers. Warn someone and they will stop for some weeks and DSI goes home and it start again.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?! Police warns criminals to stop but kows already who they are exactly what they are doing? Where is the justice here? Arrest them!!!

Its not what you know, but what you can prove. And with all the corrupt local officials, and the general mess that is the Thai court system, proving something in court can be quite difficult.

From "Prap".... this is comedy gold;

One of the individuals named was Preechawuth Prap Keesin, son of the Mayor of Patong.

He told The Phuket News this afternoon, If they accuse me of being an influential figure, then I have to explain [the truth] to them. And I dont know exactly what influential figure means. What does it mean? whistling.gif clap2.gif cheesy.gif giggle.gif

That sounds pretty much that he shit himself. Nothing funny about that or the person. Absolutely nothing.

Just bury these people with their peers and forget they ever existed. Then create new Phuket.

I am not sure he is that worried...... just a bit of obfuscation and waffle.

These guys never really get punished here....

These guys never really get mentioned as the bad boys as well.

It's quite simple.

Taxis should be made to use meters. Obviously they can't afford to operate at the same rate as Bangkok, but they could easily devise a tariff that is fair to all.

Bangkok is 35 baht for the 1st kilometer + 5 baht per kilometer after, and then rising after about 20km and so on.

Places like Phuket, Samui, Pattaya, Hua Hin, etc.

Could maybe just double this tariff.

Very simple and fair to all.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it all out... does it?

"Obviously they can't afford to operate at the same rate as Bangkok,"

To me its not obvious....could you explain why they cant ?

It may not be sensible to issue pre-emptive warnings,but you have to admire the DSI Bosses Courage!

Maybe this is warning to the "influential people" that the DSI want in on the action. smile.pngsmile.png

One of the individuals named was Preechawuth “Prap” Keesin, son of the Mayor of Patong.

He told The Phuket News this afternoon, “If they accuse me of being an influential figure, then I have to explain [the truth] to them. And I don’t know exactly what ‘influential figure’ means. What does it mean? whistling.gif clap2.gif cheesy.gif giggle.gif

Yea, both Prap and the old man are pillars of the community.

The first thing the DSI did when they got here is bust the Karaoke places for not having the right licences for their music. The raids were accompanied by reps from the music industry. I'm glad they cleared up that terrible crime. ?????

Now the mafia (et al) is warned if they don't stop what they're doing they're going to get it. ?????

Nothing is going to change. Nothing. If someone actually gets arrested someone else will step up and take over. The inmates run the asylum.

"warning them that the DSI was keeping an eye on them and that they should stop doing anything bad that they might be doing".

If they are doing something wrong why tell them they are being watched / investigated?

They want to arrest someone so they make it public saying things like, "We have an arrest warrant for Mr XXX, the media contingent has been organised and we will be raiding his home on the 14th of October at 2 p.m, when we have finished lunch. dam_n he has absconded and his whereabouts are unknown. Good job everyone and the next case is?

All this is doing is telling them to revise their business plans and not to make it so obvious as it is not good for Thailand's image and kick backs are in jeopardy.

The well publicised luxury car scam worth millions in taxes, all parties fully warned and kept up to date with the investigation which resulted in the arrest of two brothers. A penalty was negotiated between the investigators and criminals and a small fine imposed. The criminals walk away very satisfied and the DSI justify their existence for another week.

If they were really serious they wouldn't broadcast their investigations, they would be in there boots and all arresting these influential people and publically displaying them in front of the media. 150 police officers standing behind a well to do influential type, grinning like a Cheshire cats. The prominent person handcuffed and shackled in front the country just like they do with the peasants and Farangs.

Obviously the corruption goes all the way up the ladder. Just wading in and arresting people wouldn't work. Yes I suppose they are warning off and saying tidy up. Some corruption is OK but not in the public eye.

This sounds like they are serious for a change and hopefully is the beginning of a real cleanup.

Yea, both Prap and the old man are pillars of the community.

The first thing the DSI did when they got here is bust the Karaoke places for not having the right licences for their music. The raids were accompanied by reps from the music industry. I'm glad they cleared up that terrible crime. ?????

Now the mafia (et al) is warned if they don't stop what they're doing they're going to get it. ?????

Nothing is going to change. Nothing. If someone actually gets arrested someone else will step up and take over. The inmates run the asylum.

That had nothing to do with the DSI coming down from Bangkok and the action going on at the moment

If this happened in a western country,(not that they would give prior warning to criminals ) to name people for alleged illegal activities, the lawsuites would send the country broke, evidence here seems to be.. we know you're doing it, stop it or we will arrest you, doesn't matter what they did as long as they stop soon. beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Patong Mayor Pian Keesin targetted in DSI’s investigations list
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_DSI_Director_general_Tarit_Pe
DSI Director-general Tarit Pengdith (center) has started naming names. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Long-serving Mayor of Patong Pian Keesin, as well as ten other people and suspect locations, has been named on a Department of Special Investigations (DSI) blacklist regarding illegal taxis.

The blacklist was presented yesterday as Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Pureesrisak and DSI Director-general Tarit Pengdith arrived on the island to open the 'Phuket Organized Crime Center' (story here).

After delivering the list of names and locations to the media, Mr Tarit gave notice that 30 days from today at least one person would be apprehended and punished for his part in the illegal taxi operations that are ruining Phuket's reputation in the world.

“We’re not really going for taxi drivers who are trying to earn enough to make a living. We’re going for the big fish,” Mr Tarit warned.

The list presented by Mr Tarit consists of the following persons, places and institutions:

1) San Charoenjit

2) Thammawat Wongcharoenyut

3) Siwa Siangyom

4) Patong Mayor Pian Keesin

5) Prab Keesin (Patong Mayor Pian’s son)

6) Southern Tourism Association

7) Limousine Call Center

8) the taxi station in front of Jungceylon shopping center, Patong

9) the taxi station in front of the Avista Phuket Resort and Spa, Kata Beach

10) the taxi station in front of The Dalar Resort Bangtao Beach

11) the taxi station at Baan Bang Duk in Sakoo.

“These persons, places and institutions will be investigated, as we have information linking them to the illegal taxi business directly, or at least influencing the black-plate taxi scene in Phuket,” Mr Tarit said.

The DSI intends to reveal more information, including the names of other local politicians who are getting a piece of the black-plate taxi action, Mr Tarit said.

The Phuket organized crime center will involve cooperation between four bodies: the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the DSI, the Phuket provincial government and local police.

“Today was not the grand opening of the center,” Mr Tarit explained, though the center is now operational and will be running at all hours of the day. “Though the dates have not been set yet, the official opening will be chaired by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.”

A 24-hour hotline for the center has yet to be announced. However, Mr Tarit explained that anyone was welcome to come to either the office in Phuket Town or the office at Phuket International Airport to report a crime. Complaints can also be filed be email at the DSI’s website here.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Patong-Mayor-Pian-Keesin-targetted-in-DSI-s-investigations-list-21915.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-08-10

• Like 1

"warning them that the DSI was keeping an eye on them and that they should stop doing anything bad that they might be doing".

If they are doing something wrong why tell them they are being watched / investigated?

They want to arrest someone so they make it public saying things like, "We have an arrest warrant for Mr XXX, the media contingent has been organised and we will be raiding his home on the 14th of October at 2 p.m, when we have finished lunch. dam_n he has absconded and his whereabouts are unknown. Good job everyone and the next case is?

All this is doing is telling them to revise their business plans and not to make it so obvious as it is not good for Thailand's image and kick backs are in jeopardy.

The well publicised luxury car scam worth millions in taxes, all parties fully warned and kept up to date with the investigation which resulted in the arrest of two brothers. A penalty was negotiated between the investigators and criminals and a small fine imposed. The criminals walk away very satisfied and the DSI justify their existence for another week.

If they were really serious they wouldn't broadcast their investigations, they would be in there boots and all arresting these influential people and publically displaying them in front of the media. 150 police officers standing behind a well to do influential type, grinning like a Cheshire cats. The prominent person handcuffed and shackled in front the country just like they do with the peasants and Farangs.

Obviously the corruption goes all the way up the ladder. Just wading in and arresting people wouldn't work. Yes I suppose they are warning off and saying tidy up. Some corruption is OK but not in the public eye.

This sounds like they are serious for a change and hopefully is the beginning of a real cleanup.

Sort of what prap is saying here [from not to be named site]

He appeared to be calling on the DSI to investigate 14 Government authorities and organisations said to take bribes in Patong.

''In Phuket we don't have any mafia,'' he said. ''We just work to make a living. The question I would like to ask the DSI is, who is the mafia?

''Is the mafia the people who take or the people who give? You have to give meaning to this word first.''

The rest is just his usual verbal diarrhea...keep talking kid, you'll dig yourself a nice hole...he's a smug SOB..i really hope he is first to be made an example of !!

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

It may not be sensible to issue pre-emptive warnings,but you have to admire the DSI Bosses Courage!

Maybe this is warning to the "influential people" that the DSI want in on the action. smile.pngsmile.png

One of the individuals named was Preechawuth “Prap” Keesin, son of the Mayor of Patong.

He told The Phuket News this afternoon, “If they accuse me of being an influential figure, then I have to explain [the truth] to them. And I don’t know exactly what ‘influential figure’ means. What does it mean? whistling.gif clap2.gif cheesy.gif giggle.gif

I learned 'influential people' are those citizen, who knock over a cop on his bike, kill him and don't see a police cell for a single day. Or one that shot a cop in the face ran away from the military and gets promoted after return. Just to name a few.

• Like 2

>> I learned 'influential people' are those citizen, who knock over a cop on his bike, kill him and don't see a police cell for a single day. Or one that shot a cop in the face ran away from the military and gets promoted after return. Just to name a few.

It could also be the president of the Patong tul tuk association that collects 10K per driver per month to be in the association generating a tidy sum of 6 million baht per month for said president and his dad the mayor of patong. Anyone know how much the kata/karon thugs have to pay monthly to be above the law just as their brethren in Patong are?

• Like 1

Phuket has earned itself such a bad name for rip-offs, thefts, and many other criminal activities, the authorities had to do something to reduce the crime rate. Having been there four times, I have no desire to return there any time soon. There is an air of intimidation and lack of friendliness from nearly everyone. I'll stick to good old Samui and if that starts going down hill, maybe off to Myanmar for a new adventure! I know it has it's problems too, but hey ho sometimes a change of scenery shows you that the grass is not always greener on the other side, then I can hot foot it back again!facepalm.gif

hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

finally i reckon that this day would become a national holiday to celebrate the event

beat you to it not shit hits the fan day he

This could be the first day of maybe a week long holiday. they have all ready warned certain groups to stop what they are doing. No prosecution on past miss deeds just don't do they any more.Let the brown envelopes begin the store is open for business.

Influential People

Thai definition

"Any politician of any party, as well as any Senior Government official, past or present, or children of same...

"Any and all of the above, as well as military and police generals, past or present, or children of same...

"Any and all of the above who drive exotic sports cars and living in mansions costing millions of baht, but with no verifiable, LEGAL income to support said lifestyle, or children of same."

• Like 2

"... if they do anything wrong..."

Does the DSI believe that so far, nothing wrong has been done?

So far, only hot air from DSI, no action. (That's called NATO: No action, talk only).

Let's check again in 6 months if I will be able to take a taxi or a tuktuk for a short distance for less than 200 Baht.

I actually know Prap Keesan in person and he seem to be very nice guy. You can sit with him for hours and talk just about anything....I mean just about anything, including hot issues like this. As much as I hate these Phuket taxi/tuk tuk gangsters something tells me he is just a puppet in someone else hands.....someone higher than him....have pretty good idea who that is though.

Even the warning of common criminals - two letters, two weeks apart are sent to felon's address 'inviting them for interview' is statutory practice in the insanity that is the Thai judicial system.

He also said that the DSI investigation into foreign-operated companies with illegal Thai nominee shareholders continues and “We already have some evidence. But we need to do more work on this

Whilst ignoring the very salient fact that these companies are THAI OWNED - 51% majority. Yes, you will 'need to do more work on this' Duh.