3 Month Ni-o Visa

Somewhere on this aite this subject was discussed but I'll be damned if I can find it.

My 90 day NI-O visa is good till May 17th. I am aware that I have to visit immigration, as well as the American embassy during the last 30 days, but I've forgotten what I have to bring with me, to request a year extension for the rest of this year, and subsequently the years to follow.

I would greatly appreciate any information.....again.....on the procedure. I qualify financially with enough pension income, and I also have a BKK Bank account, with transfer service established with my Citibank account in the states. I'm WAY over the age limit, and am in pretty good health. I just need to know what the procedure is, and in what order, and where it's at.

You've helped me before.....please help me again. Thailand is going to be my new home. I've already rented a house, and bought a new car, all I need now is the visa extension. Thanks in advance.....ErnieK

1. Make copies of passport and visa pages plus entry card.

2. Visit bank and obtain letter of account balance to be used for immigration (they have format) and pay the 200 baht. Make copies of passbook and bring original.

3. Visit a hospital or clinic to obtain medical certificate (you don't have the five listed problems) and pay about 100-400 baht for that.

4. Visit US Embassy ACS unit in the old Embassy building and ask for letter to immigration for retirement visa - fill out your pension income and pay cashier (believe $30 or 1,200 baht) and return to window to turn in. Wait for name and sign form/notarized and you are now ready to visit immigration with a photo 4x6cm taken within the last six months and 1,900 baht. You may be able to use a copy of the Embassy paper so have one in that case as you may be able to save another trip next year to Embassy.

All copies should be signed by you. Bank account balance is not required to be much if you have pension income of 65k or more but that bank letter is still required.

Don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit if you plan travel.

1. Make copies of passport and visa pages plus entry card.

2. Visit bank and obtain letter of account balance to be used for immigration (they have format) and pay the 200 baht. Make copies of passbook and bring original.

3. Visit a hospital or clinic to obtain medical certificate (you don't have the five listed problems) and pay about 100-400 baht for that.

4. Visit US Embassy ACS unit in the old Embassy building and ask for letter to immigration for retirement visa - fill out your pension income and pay cashier (believe $30 or 1,200 baht) and return to window to turn in. Wait for name and sign form/notarized and you are now ready to visit immigration with a photo 4x6cm taken within the last six months and 1,900 baht. You may be able to use a copy of the Embassy paper so have one in that case as you may be able to save another trip next year to Embassy.

All copies should be signed by you. Bank account balance is not required to be much if you have pension income of 65k or more but that bank letter is still required.

Don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit if you plan travel.

Thanks Lop.......as usual, you came thru. Don't know what this board would do without you. This information may help others also.....It sure helps me. Thanks again, Ernie

See also Required documents (Visa Extension, to spend the remainder of life).

Sorry but this Residence Permit is not available for retirement.

It is only if you fit one of the following categories:

Working/Business category

Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or a non-Thai citizen who already possesses residence permit as the followings:

- A legal husband or wife.

- A legal father or mother.

- A unmarried child who is under 20 years of age up to the submission date of application.

Expert category.

By the way even though they list "investment" as well for the Residence Permit on the official site , this permit for 10 million Baht investment is no longer available. ( Please do not confuse it with the 3 million Baht scheme which is still available for an extension of stay based on investment and can be extended every year)

www.lawyer.th.com

I believe the link vinny was talking about is the retirement extension of stay. Use link and click "visa extension" and then "to spend remainder of life". It has nothing to do with residence permit.

Links to immigration are sometimes confusing as they can not be make to the exact information.

I believe the link vinny was talking about is the retirement extension of stay. Use link and click "visa extension" and then "to spend remainder of life". It has nothing to do with residence permit.

Links to immigration are sometimes confusing as they can not be make to the exact information.

Thanks for pointing that out. You are right lopburi3. Cheers Vinny.

www.lawyer.th.com