non-immigrant visa O-A long stay

Yes. Leave and re enter just before the Visa expires to get another 12 months.

During the second year you need the Re Entry Permit.

If you do not have one you will get 30 days entering by air and 15 days entering by land.

No you do not pay anything at the border.

You must enter before visa expires to get one year. Once visa expires any return requires using a reentry permit you obtained prior to leaving to return to you previous stay time.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most people who are actually retiring in Thailand that started with an O-A eventually enter the annual retirement extension system in Thailand. Of course there is no reason why doing "serial" O-As can't work for some people. There is no need to EVER get even one O-A visa to enter the retirement extension system in Thailand.

Does anyone know what the process is for the NON O A visa if you lose your Arrival/Departure card that they staple into your passport? Thanks

Most people who are actually retiring in Thailand that started with an O-A eventually enter the annual retirement extension system in Thailand. Of course there is no reason why doing "serial" O-As can't work for some people. There is no need to EVER get even one O-A visa to enter the retirement extension system in Thailand.

Does anyone know what the process is for the NON O A visa if you lose your Arrival/Departure card that they staple into your passport? Thanks
Make a police report for the loss of your TM card, go to immigration and they will issue you a new one

This is a good informative thread.

But what does "enter the annual retirement extension system in Thailand" mean??

You extend your stay on a yearly basis for retirement by meeting the over age 50 with 800k in bank account/65k per month income or combination and show this each year with a new TM.7 form and paying 1,900 baht fee.

don't forget that the one year validity of the visa starts from the date of issue and not the date of first use, so get as close to traveling to Thailand as possible.

Correct and the visa validity expiration date is not the same thing as your current permission to stay expiration date.

I need a strong drink. With that said #1-" So with a multi entry immigrant O-A visa you do a border run one day before the visa expires and you get another year permitted to stay stamp. Also would you pay the 1900 baht at the border for the second year? Yes or NO? #2- Now if you leave Thailand after the expiry date of the visa but with a valid permission to stay stamp for the second year, then a re-entry permit from the local immigration office within Thailand would be required. So if flying to Thailand, upon arriving you have 30 days to go to immigration to obtain a re-entry permit. The cost is 1000 baht baht for a single re-entry permit and 3800 baht for a multiple re-entry permit Yes or No? If no to any of these questions please elaborate as simply as possible. #3- If you leave Thailand and return very near but before the visa use before date you will receive an additional year of stay without having to get an extension of stay. Yes or No? #4- Would you pay the 1900 baht at the airport when you arrive in scenario #3 for the additional year? Yes or No?

1. No fee involved - it is just another multi entry on the visa - any entry gets a new one year stay from date of entry during the one year from issue that it is valid for use.

2. You must have a re-entry permit prior to travel when you do not have a valid visa/on an extension of stay. Without you will only get visa exempt entry and have to start retirement visa/extension over. The cost is 1k single or 3.8k multi but as said must be obtained prior to travel (it is specific to your current permitted to stay period of time).

3. Yes.

4. No.

The 1,900 baht is the fee for TM.7 application for a new one year extension from immigration at the end of your O-A entries (almost two years from issue if you get the new entry just before visa expires).

So in scenario #2 I should get a re-entry permit before I left Thailand? If so, how long is the re-entry permit valid for? Also, if you leave Thailand and return very near but befoe the visa use before date you get an additional year of stay at no cost? Then the only cost for the second year would be if you want to travel while in Thailand and need either a single or multiple re-entry permit?

In your second year you need a re entry permit if traveling outside Thailand.

Re Entry Permit is valid for the length of your permission to stay.

Don't forget to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Yes there is a cost for the second year. You paid it when you applied for the Multi Entry Visa.

So if i leave Thailand after the expiry date of the visa but with a valid permission to stay stamp for the second year, then I should obtain a re-entry permit prior to departing Thailand which would be valid for the length of my permission to stay. Correct?

Alleluia Saints be preserved. I 'll probably forget all this but at least I have it written down in the form of emails. A big thank you to you and all your mods and admins who have helped me try and understand the complexities of navigating the Thai visa requirements. It provide a great service and I am very appreciative of your service.

I do the "serial" O-A process, so I get two years from that single year visa. (I do believe there is now a three year visa which could be used for four years.)

If I get an extension of stay in my second year, and then try for the re-entry permit, I think there is a limit to the time one must use that re-entry permit, and it wouldn't extend for the several months I need over the summer. That's the main reason I'm a "serial" visa user.

When you are on an annual extension of stay based on retirement any reentry permit you use will only be good until the ending date of that specific annual extension based on retirement.

For example,

you have an extension from 15 Aug 2013 to 15 Aug 2014

You buy a reentry permit.

You leave Thailand 1 April 2014 and return 1 May 2014.

Your passport will be stamped until 15 Aug 2014.

Or whenever you reenter Thailand during that year when using a valid reentry permit.

Basically these permits SAVE your CURRENT extension of stay. Nothing more, nothing less.

Three year business visa:

Foreign citizens who wish to visit Thailand for business purposes may apply for a three-year Non-Immigrant Visa 'B'. This type of visa may be issued to business people for multiple-entries and is valid for three years. It allows the holder to visit Thailand as often as required for as long as the visa remains valid and allows the holder to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per visit. This visa cannot be used for employment purposes in Thailand.

The site does indicate that the Long Term Stay O-A is only a one year visa.