Smart Purse

Hi I bought Smart Purse with Visa Logo from 7/11 near Ekkamai BTS. I never used this before so I am not familiar. They said it is 350 bath so I paid 350 bath and I thought it will carry cash worth 350 bath. But I am wrong when I tried to use it to buy grocery at another 7/11 the value was only 0 bath. So my question is"Is the Smart Purse alone without any value is 350 bath?" Had I known this I shouldnt be wasting my 350 bath :o I bought it because sometime ATM brokedown and almost run out of Cash ,so I believed that it will be useful in case of emergency. :D

Edited by remmy

Don't know that particular sheet of plastic, but my guess is you've been had. If you have plenty of time to waste, try to go back to the first 7/11 and tell, the card was empty when you got it - "honestly, I swear".

I might be totally wrong in my guessing, of course.

Hmmm, there is certainly going to be a deposit on these cards, 350 Baht seems excessive though, the cards actually cost about US $3.00 :o

The idea seems to be similar to the HongKong Octopus, to allow 'micro payments' without cash.

Hopefully over the next 12 months or so we will see these cards useable on the BTS and MRT. A step in the right direction anyway.

There is much information here http://www.7eleven.co.th/valuecard/index.html unfortunately only in Thai :D

EDIT: It appears that the card requires 'activation', perhaps one of our members who can read Thai can assist in exactly what to do :D

Edited by Crossy