which airlines do u take when flying domestically?

snake24

Nok Air.

Much better website and business style than Air Asia. Not the hidden rip-offs.

Yes, sometimes Thai companies can be better than foreign.

"Not the hidden rip-offs." cheesy.gif It always amazes me that some travelers seem to have so much difficulty is declining or accepting the few options offered.

Individual baggage weight

Seating position selection

food/drinks

trip insurance

Obviously they are all "rip offs" ........ and each one is really cunningly hidden. passifier.gif Nok Air is fine also.

I agree with tig28. If you can book far enough ahead and are flexible with your travel dates, you can get some decent "Promo" rates with AirAsia. I flew with AirAsia twice last year. Each time I booked using their website. There was no "hidden rip-offs". Just check no for the extras as you step through the booking process and you get the cheap rate. I've flown Air Asia round-trip Chiang Mai <--> Phuket, and Chiang Mai <--> Bangkok with no problems. You can even print out your boarding pass through the web before your trip! Worked great for me.

I've booked domestic flights with both Thai Airways and Nok Air for this year. We'll see how those flights go!

Orient thai airlines

Seriously? Do you even know anything about the airline's history and maintenance quality?

since 2007 there has been two incidents with now flyorienthay previously 12go, one fatal in 2007, the last one just an emergency landing, like so many happening everyday around the world, six years with let's say at least 10 flights a day, that means more than 20.000 flights, since then, so if statistics work always the same, and the company is doing everything as bad as it was in 2007, that means that you have to make 10.000 flights with flyorienthai to make sure you have a serious incident ... making a couple of flights per year I should need to live for 5000 years to make sure I die flying with flyorienthai .... or maybe I am lucky and I get only the emergency landing, so I should need another 5000 more years ...

I wish that could happen to me, a lot of years ahead to get fun in Thailand :)

I think I can play this game and still think of me that I appreciate living :)

Orient thai airlines

Seriously? Do you even know anything about the airline's history and maintenance quality?

since 2007 there has been two incidents with now flyorienthay previously 12go, one fatal in 2007, the last one just an emergency landing, like so many happening everyday around the world, six years with let's say at least 10 flights a day, that means more than 20.000 flights, since then, so if statistics work always the same, and the company is doing everything as bad as it was in 2007, that means that you have to make 10.000 flights with flyorienthai to make sure you have a serious incident ... making a couple of flights per year I should need to live for 5000 years to make sure I die flying with flyorienthai .... or maybe I am lucky and I get only the emergency landing, so I should need another 5000 more years ...

I wish that could happen to me, a lot of years ahead to get fun in Thailand smile.png

I think I can play this game and still think of me that I appreciate living smile.png

yeah ok, nice try. Fact: One-Two-Go aircraft have been re-branded as Orient Thai (Orient Thai always owned 1-2-Go)

People should make decisions based on that.

Orient thai airlines

Seriously?  Do you even know anything about the airline's history and maintenance quality?

I wish that could happen to me, a lot of years ahead to get fun in Thailand Posted Image

I think I can play this game and still think of me that I appreciate living Posted Image

yeah ok, nice try. Fact: One-Two-Go aircraft have been re-branded as Orient Thai (Orient Thai always owned 1-2-Go)

my figures are taking that for granted

Orient thai airlines

I wish that could happen to me, a lot of years ahead to get fun in Thailand smile.png

I think I can play this game and still think of me that I appreciate living smile.png

my figures are taking that for granted

I am not particularly picky about safety risks in flying, as it is still far far safer then driving or railing. But I won't fly orient thai. I did that once from bkk to Phuket. Sat down in my seat and fell though it. I was reassigned a seat in the rear next to door / emergency exit. The sticker on the door showed last safety check of chute was done by Continental Air in 1987...

Exactly a week later that same plane skid of the runway in Phuket killing scores of people. Check the images of that crash and count how many emergency slides/chutes you see deployed...

Planes skid of or overshoot the runway all the time, but in most cases all or most passengers live because of stringent safery meassures and emergency protocol. Obviously lacking at 12go.

Edited by Gulfsailor
  • Like 1

When flying to Mae Sariang I've tried to book with all the airlines but ended having to do it my self.

Given a choice I'd use Thai or Nok and sit down the back relaxing with a nice beer.

The diy route leaves a lot to be desired.

In flight meals are sandwiches and cans of soft drinks.

The terminal service at Mae Sariang is basic as you can see from the picture.

The only bonus is you can be out of the aircraft and cleared security to the back of the motorbike taxi in 5 minutes.

The cow near the tower is actually a USA robot checking all movements of drugs around the golden triangle. On the day this picture was taken we were the first aircraft in 3 months so we cleared our luggage quickly.

Check in the next day was a breeze which meant motorbike taxi straight to the door of the aircraft.

They should adopt that idea for farangs at Swampy.

MaeSariangFlying021.jpg

Edited by Jay Sata

Nok Air.

I have only flown Air Asia one time, and have to say that everything was fine except for one detail. I had my carryon weighed when I left Bangkok, and they said it was within the limits, no problem. On my return from Hanoi, the clerk told me I was 12 pounds overweight, but she would let me go this time. Next time she would charge me more. I returned only with the clothes that I took with me, and I don't think they accumulated 12 pounds of dirt on them. Very strange. I knew I was okay because I weighted it before I even left home.

Even stranger, they quote and weigh in Kilos. A pound would make no sense to them at all.

Totally agree about NokAir though. The headline price shown is what you pay but Air Asia advertise flights at silly prices which is not how much it costs because of the hidden fees/charges.

I am from the states. Educated, I am able to convert kilos to pounds. I suggest you learn how also. Very convenient. Sorry if you read my post and were totally confused..

I distrust AirAsia. My logic is thus.1. The CEO's slogan is 'cost is the enemy.'2. Aircraft maintenance costs money.3. Therefore aircraft maintenance is the enemy.I have no proof that they are unsafe - I don't even know it to be true. It just seems consistent.

Your logic is completely illogicali

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

TG as connections from & to Star Alliance partners (not having to change airports)

And that is part of the reason I will not give them a second chance after a shitty experience. I pay for my own airfare and I expect to be treated reasonably, not as some fool accumulating frequent flyer miles. Thai airways offered insultingly inferior service on old equipment at twice the price of their rivals and now they don't even offer non-stop service to the US. My (forced) star alliance member choice of US air is now merging with AA which I refuse to fly again for any reason including a medical evac. Thai airways is equivalent to US mainline carriers meaning they are inferior in every respect (perhaps excepting frequent flyer miles) despite charging double.

I would sooner walk or swim. I can't fathom why anyone would prefer Thai to any of the far superior 'budget' carriers in the region if they actually pay for their own airfare. I should note I have never, nor will I, flown Nok due to their Thai Airways ownership and Orient Thai / 12GO lost me on the first go (especially given the lack of accountability here for any entity of consequence).

Often Bangkok Air - Nok Air goes to the wrong airport form me and is a pain - there is little in the prices often. I live near the airport, so wander down and buy it in advance at the desk - always seem to get deals this way. Sometimes TA has even worked out cheaper. Air Asia is probably the least likely for me to fly as they are never the cheapest - or simply have dreadful take-off/landing times. I also like the BKK Air lounges :D

Anyone have experience with Kan Air?

I live in P-lok and I am thinking of using Kan Air www.kanairlines.com

for a flight to Chiang Mai.

They only fly in the NW from Phitsanulok north.

I love their disclaimer on their website when you check a fare. They fly nice cessnas though.
*Due to weather condition and VIP movement during this season, may cause of the delayed. Please provide the connecting flight not less than 3 hours for traveling to other airlines. We are not responsible for any missing flight.

For me it all depends on the dates and time i need a flight.

Normally i try to book on Bangkok Airways as they are very good.

But i just booked a round trip (Phuket-bangkok) for 1850 Baht all in on AA.

All other airlines where much more expensive for the same dates/times.

As i have to be in the city center Don Muang is no problem for me, maybe even better then Suvarnabhumi.

But it all depends how long you can book in advance.

• Like 1

Bangkok Air is not only the best airline in TH, it is in many cases the cheapest (okay, let's forget about the SAMUI monopoly here ^^ ).

30 KG free luggage allowance as soon as you just sign up for their FF program, free use of lounges even for the "regular Somchai" (such as myself) in economy class.

they will soon start flying to UDON and I am sure they will give Thai / Thai Smile and even AirAsia a tough run for their money......

TG as connections from & to Star Alliance partners (not having to change airports)

And that is part of the reason I will not give them a second chance after a shitty experience. I pay for my own airfare and I expect to be treated reasonably, not as some fool accumulating frequent flyer miles. Thai airways offered insultingly inferior service on old equipment at twice the price of their rivals and now they don't even offer non-stop service to the US. My (forced) star alliance member choice of US air is now merging with AA which I refuse to fly again for any reason including a medical evac. Thai airways is equivalent to US mainline carriers meaning they are inferior in every respect (perhaps excepting frequent flyer miles) despite charging double.

I would sooner walk or swim. I can't fathom why anyone would prefer Thai to any of the far superior 'budget' carriers in the region if they actually pay for their own airfare. I should note I have never, nor will I, flown Nok due to their Thai Airways ownership and Orient Thai / 12GO lost me on the first go (especially given the lack of accountability here for any entity of consequence).

I think the reason would be brand name. The min an airline is termed budget like airasia well it's obviously going to be automatically assumed to be inferior compared to a non budget airline.

Honestly if you want to compare all the various thai airlines and ask for an opinion amongst thai and non thai residents i don't think thai airways would be ranked below the rest.

it's also the most visible airline in thailand. Ask a foreigner who doesn't know much about thailand to name an airline from thailand he's not going to name bangkok airways or nok airlines.

Nok has a number of ticket categories. The cheapest is Nok Eco. That includes a 15 kg checked-in bag. Air Asia's promotion price is usually slightly cheaper but they charge for any checked luggage so I choose Nok if I have luggage as Air Asia works out more expensive and more mucking around on their website unticking the hidden boxes which try to trick you into purchasing stuff you don't need.

Otherwise Air Asia is fine and I have used it many times.

Orient Thai, no way.

Thai, not cheap.

Bangkok Airways seem like a waste of money.

There are also some little ones which fly to specific destinations only.

So much depends on the route; obviously that would be the first factor, then maybe schedule, availability and price.

Where they fly, I prefer PG for schedule, aircraft, ease of booking/payment. Second choice would be TG, then maybe DD.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG ... now that thai airways hides it's logo when having an accident, and indirectly states that regional flights have less secure planes ... are you avoiding too thai airways for domestic flights same way you do with flyorienthai? ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/666864-thai-denies-staff-ignored-passengers-during-landing-incident/?utm_source=newsletter-20130910-1714&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Nearly always Nok because they are the cheapest when I happen to be looking at prices. When they haven't been the cheapest I've used Air Asia because they've been the cheapest. One objection with both, getting a drink onboard, hit and miss. Don't understand why. In fact thinking about it I don't think there is any alcohol on Air Asia, might be wrong.

OMG ... now that thai airways hides it's logo when having an accident, and indirectly states that regional flights have less secure planes ... are you avoiding too thai airways for domestic flights same way you do with flyorienthai? ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/666864-thai-denies-staff-ignored-passengers-during-landing-incident/?utm_source=newsletter-20130910-1714&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Note the slight difference, that nobody died, in this particular runway-excursion. wink.png

Try googling 'phuket plane crash 2007', and you'll find some other differences between the two airlines, one can't say too much because of forum-rules & Thai libel-laws.

Edited by Ricardo

Nok Air.

I have only flown Air Asia one time, and have to say that everything was fine except for one detail. I had my carryon weighed when I left Bangkok, and they said it was within the limits, no problem. On my return from Hanoi, the clerk told me I was 12 pounds overweight, but she would let me go this time. Next time she would charge me more. I returned only with the clothes that I took with me, and I don't think they accumulated 12 pounds of dirt on them. Very strange. I knew I was okay because I weighted it before I even left home.

Even stranger, they quote and weigh in Kilos. A pound would make no sense to them at all.

Totally agree about NokAir though. The headline price shown is what you pay but Air Asia advertise flights at silly prices which is not how much it costs because of the hidden fees/charges.

If u watched pulp fiction they would have told you they use the metric system over in thailand. In fact i think only pounds are used in the US and UK.

Been kilo's in the UK for years