Wifi Setup

KelCastro

Hi. My partner and I are looking to move to CM soon but we're really worried about the wifi connection. We work online and need solid connection 24/7. We need to be able to make solid phone/ video calls and not worry about dropped connections. Fast connection is a must.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi,

I sent you a private message a couple days ago; maybe you missed it (it'd be the envelope icon near the top right of the page)

Anyway, Internet is just another consideration to keep in mind when selecting a house to rent. Sometimes it's already there (usually not, for houses) but you'd want to make sure it's quick and easy to set up a high-speed connection.

depending on your needs, you might want to consider a 10mg land line hookup and then keep an aircard/dongle as a backup... having 2 different providers via a landline usually won't give you any added benefit, but being able to use a dongle and get 3G from a backup provider might do the trick for you...

only real way is to try it out... honestly... my 3BB rarely, i mean rarely goes out here in Sansai Noi... and when it does, is usually back within 10-20 minutes (twice since beginning of the year)....

up to you... start slow and ramp up if you find the need...or go big and cut back if connection proves solid...

btw... my machine stays connected 24/7, up and downloading.. i never turn it off...