'Liking' political rumours is a crime

Lite Beer

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is thai visa's forum social media? i have wondered about this reading the thousands of anti government posts here. I am serious. Can't the thai government track your IP address if you are inside Thailand posting anti government statements?

obviously a huge database being created in preparation for the mass arrests.

I'm guessing that the concept of the "Like" button was originally conceived by the NSA, to aid in their goal of collecting and storing and analyzing data on everyone who does anything on the Internet.

After living in Thailand 13 months then returning to the U.S. a few months ago, I experienced culture shock in three main areas. One of these was the level of fear and paranoia that pervades American society. There's no freedom of speech or expression in the U.S. any more; everyone's afraid to say what they think. This gradual erosion of personal freedoms isn't unique to the U.S. or Thailand or any particular country, it's happening in "free" societies throughout the world. The work of activists and whistle blowers might slow it down just a bit, but it can't be stopped. Enjoy the freedoms of today because tomorrow they will be fewer.

• Like 2

You can have freedom of speech so long as you agree with themwhistling.gif

CCC

I agree CCC. But I can only agree with you if you are agreeing with the party line.

Wonder what the rule is when someone says, 'we'll have to agree to disagree' if the original commentator was disagreeing in the first place?

• Like 2

CCC

I agree CCC. But I can only agree with you if you are agreeing with the party line.

Wonder what the rule is when someone says, 'we'll have to agree to disagree' if the original commentator was disagreeing in the first place?

Well...i'm afraid a new colour t-shirt is in order.

CCC

• Like 1

You can have freedom of speech so long as you agree with themPosted Image

CCC

Is that why this democratic(ally elected) government refuses to include the Opposition in its version of parliamentary democracy?
  • Like 2

CCC

Is that why this democratic(ally elected) government refuses to include the Opposition in its version of parliamentary democracy?
Without a shadow of a doubting thomas my good fellow. Viva the right to wear any colour shirt on any day. Freedom of speech and power to the people.

CCC

• Like 2

Karma police, arrest this man, He talks in maths, He buzzes like a fridge

He's like a detuned radio, This is what you get when you mess with us, And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself...Radiohead

He came over more like a paranoid android to me.

One can have the same political opinion as people who demonstrate openly. Like some people support the political opinion of the insurgents from the so called "Arabic Spring". Expressing ones opinion is here called a crime if those people use what is also called here "political rumours". Thailand means Land of the free people. It seems that it is more and more the land of the suppressed people. No free expression, no free internet and heavy ethnic discrimination.

I think Thailand would flourish if it had a government of real free thinkers which didn't treat Thai citizens as if they were ignorant children.

One can have the same political opinion as people who demonstrate openly. Like some people support the political opinion of the insurgents from the so called "Arabic Spring". Expressing ones opinion is here called a crime if those people use what is also called here "political rumours". Thailand means Land of the free people. It seems that it is more and more the land of the suppressed people. No free expression, no free internet and heavy ethnic discrimination.

I think Thailand would flourish if it had a government of real free thinkers which didn't treat Thai citizens as if they were ignorant children.

Changing the subject entirely, would the 'absence' of a certain criminal, fugitive, former prime minister, mean Thailand would be governed differently?

Someone thinks, Pheu Thai acts comes to mind

Edited by Noistar

"Others may use the principle of law but we use the principle of political science"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif !!!!!!

He just admitted that there is no rule of law in Thailand!!!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think he means the principle political science" "rewarding the feudal political criminals INCLUDING THEIR INNOCENT AND JUST MENTALLY TO BE XXXXCUSED ILL CHILDREN AND punish the rest via online tyranny-nepotism-punishment-even-if-they-are-innocent...

Arrest the teenagers, arrest the entire target group using Facebook... And shutdown the Internet in Thailand forever, or maybe shutdown the entire electricity, disconnect all media communications and throw them into the PTT ROTTEN OCEAN!!!

Or better up ,... GENOCIDE-COUP-ATOMIC-BOMB-DROP the entire nation of Thailand, but make sure that the high face status feudal clans including their innocent mentally ill kids are evacuated onboard a secret spaceship onto another planet on Mars or wherever.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

To be different opposed to SAVING FACE is a crime

Even MY post is a crime

Happy Mother's Day ...

Edited by MaxLee

Some people might consider this to be a method to prod the military into action.

I don't know where the military would draw the line re Thailand going down the drain.

This dictat serves PTP only. It does not benefit Thailand, IMO. Thailand is likely to be hurt more by being seen as a totalitarian state, than by the international community witnessing criticism of the government.

Some people might consider this to be a method to prod the military into action.

I don't know where the military would draw the line re Thailand going down the drain.

This dictat serves PTP only. It does not benefit Thailand, IMO. Thailand is likely to be hurt more by being seen as a totalitarian state, than by the international community witnessing criticism of the government.

Are you saying it wouldn't be seen as a totalitarian regime if the Army mounted a coup and installed a junta?

laugh.png

I am so happy that I no longer live there. I can "like" whatever I want.

Yes, I was thinking that the other day. I left after the last riots, and every once in a while I wonder if I made a mistake and I miss Thailand...and then something like this comes along and reminds me about how the Thailand I once loved has gone down the toilet.

Liking' political rumours is a crime

But, but surely ......How can the police say 'liking' Political rumours is a crime when the purpose of the Government Amnesty bill is to give Amnesty to those accused of.............political crimes. The Police should be saying "would you care for coffee and toast with your like button Sir?"

• Like 2

"Others may use the principle of law but we use the principle of political science."
Police Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in, commander of Thailand's Technology Crime Suppression Division

I'm adding these stellar words of wisdom to my Facebook favorite quotations section. Can't wait for the mountain of legal "likes."

Are you saying it wouldn't be seen as a totalitarian regime if the Army mounted a coup and installed a junta?

laugh.png

I believe I was referring to a possible effect of this topic.

I don't believe I raised any opinion on how a coup, even though it will apparently never happen, may be perceived.

Edited by Noistar

decent round-up of the story here. Just more of the same really ... http://asiancorrespondent.com/111782/thai-authorities-blantantly-use-scare-tactics-to-curb-political-rumors-online/

"Unfortunately, Pisit’s staggering and blatantly anachronistic comments are in line with past and present governments in handling online censorship: under the premiership of Abhisit Vejjajiva the number of blocked URLs skyrocketed and the ‘Cyber Scouts’-program to monitor online dissidents was launched. The current government of Yingluck Shinawatra has maintained if not even worsened the trend by doing essentially more of the same"