'Liking' political rumours is a crime

Lite Beer

He's lost the plot ..... completely.

I was going to click "Like" on this comment but I am afraid the special operations group will come bursting through my windows and doors.smile.png Are thoughts still permitted?

Don't worry... you can click "like" because the post doesn't contain the word "coup". Oh shit... now they'll find this post.

DON'T click "like" or they'll come and question you.

Oooooops! I've pressed "like" and "quote"...if I plead guilty will I get only half a sentence?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can have the same political opinion as people who demonstrate openly. Like some people support the political opinion of the insurgents from the so called "Arabic Spring". Expressing ones opinion is here called a crime if those people use what is also called here "political rumours". Thailand means Land of the free people. It seems that it is more and more the land of the suppressed people. No free expression, no free internet and heavy ethnic discrimination.

I think Thailand would flourish if it had a government of real free thinkers which didn't treat Thai citizens as if they were ignorant children.

Really! I would have put a line of laughing emoticons in but it doesn't appear to work on my PC! I think your quote would equally apply to any other country on earth?.

Some people might consider this to be a method to prod the military into action.

I don't know where the military would draw the line re Thailand going down the drain.

This dictat serves PTP only. It does not benefit Thailand, IMO. Thailand is likely to be hurt more by being seen as a totalitarian state, than by the international community witnessing criticism of the government.

Are you saying it wouldn't be seen as a totalitarian regime if the Army mounted a coup and installed a junta?

laugh.png

I believe I was referring to a possible effect of this topic.

I don't believe I raised any opinion on how a coup, even though it will apparently never happen, may be perceived.

According to the Major General you have both just broken the law!

Some TV posters seem to have "coup" on the brain. Almost as if they secretly want it to happen, to give them something to whine about. whistling.gif

I believe the average time interval between coups is about 4.5 years.

81 years since 1932, divided by 18 successful coups.

So we are well past the average time. If you believe that statistical probability is any indicator of the future, that means no need to want a coup to happen, in fact it will happen. During the last coup, am not sure TV members were whining so much, as being in more of state of astonishment at being IN a coup. I think for most of them a coup was something that occurs in a banana republic ,rather than the country they chose to live in.....

Regarding this topic, this is a complete plot loss. Turning a like button into a tool to prosecute people? Completely insane. It actually is a fairly savage indictment of how incompetent and weak this government is, if they cannot withstand any criticism. Oooppps....is that statement going to get me prosecuted ??? Thailand >>> Land of the free ?? Not anymore, guess they will have to rename the country.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

He's lost the plot ..... completely.

I was going to click "Like" on this comment but I am afraid the special operations group will come bursting through my windows and doors.smile.png Are thoughts still permitted?

Good knowing you Chooka, always enjoyed your posts...

Oh my god, I accidentally clicked like on your post. :-( :-(

Kidding aside, if this lunatic Pisit applies the like button association as a punishable offense on Facebook, why would he not do the same on TV ??

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Some TV posters seem to have "coup" on the brain. Almost as if they secretly want it to happen, to give them something to whine about. whistling.gif

I believe the average time interval between coups is about 4.5 years.

81 years since 1932, divided by 18 successful coups.

So we are well past the average time. If you believe that statistical probability is any indicator of the future, that means no need to want a coup to happen, in fact it will happen. During the last coup, am not sure TV members were whining so much, as being in more of state of astonishment at being IN a coup. I think for most of them a coup was something that occurs in a banana republic ,rather than the country they chose to live in.....

Regarding this topic, this is a complete plot loss. Turning a like button into a tool to prosecute people? Completely insane. It actually is a fairly savage indictment of how incompetent and weak this government is, if they cannot withstand any criticism. Oooppps....is that statement going to get me prosecuted ??? Thailand >>> Land of the free ?? Not anymore, guess they will have to rename the country.

It's actually an indictment of how the system sees its relationship with the people. In the 60's it probably took a week to get from Bangkok to chiangmai and the only news the people got was the news the government wanted people to hear.

Times have whizzed past these bureaucratic dinosaurs, but they will continue to try to find thumbs to stick in leaks in the dam. And don't think there isn't an element of wishing for the good old days among these dinosaurs where they could control everything and everyone all of the time.

• Like 2

After the fall of The Soviet Union the Institute of Contemporary Social Theories

and the Institute of International Affairs -

were disbanded, and most of their members were left without jobs

Maybe he found his way here. Lol.

He probably thinks he's thinking outside the box, being proactive, cleverly jigging the system.

He's a fascist doofus.

One can have the same political opinion as people who demonstrate openly. Like some people support the political opinion of the insurgents from the so called "Arabic Spring". Expressing ones opinion is here called a crime if those people use what is also called here "political rumours". Thailand means Land of the free people. It seems that it is more and more the land of the suppressed people. No free expression, no free internet and heavy ethnic discrimination.

I think Thailand would flourish if it had a government of real free thinkers which didn't treat Thai citizens as if they were ignorant children.

Agree totally.

Thailand is geared up to creating automatons. I don't believe the people in power can see any personal development in changing that situation.

Until that time, the free-thinkers will have to be controlled so the one-party democracy remains unchallenged.

Is it possible this interview with Police Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in, commander of the Technology Crime Suppression Division, is too good to be true? Is this Monty Python with a Minister of Silly Talks skit?

Regardless, I unfriended Facebook so don't know what response options there currently are. Can folks in Thailand get around the Major General by stating they are 1. disgruntled, 2. gruntled or 3. in the words of P.G. Wodehouse, 'far from being gruntled'. How far from 'gruntled' would constitute a crime in the Technology Crime Suppression Division? Any volunteers?

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.

This interview clearly shows the caliber and intellect of our Thai generals. Imagine these guys trying to lead troops in battle or making sound staff decisions. Truly amazing.

One should point out that, in this case, he is a police maj.gen. & not one of the military, which in no way detracts from the 'general' drift of your post.

Q : Is this rule the same in other countries?

This has nothing to do with foreign countries, because they have different laws. We are taking preventive measures in dealing with this matter. Others may use the principle of law but we use the principle of political science.

Hooray for Thainess!

So if a foreigner in his country (not Thailand) clicks the "Like" button and at a later date will travel to Thailand, he can be arrested?

We have seen similar ugly repressive censorship police brutality with the LM cases where a foreigner in his counter (not Thailand) uploaded a text deemed LM and he was arrested when entering Thailand and put in prison.

This kind of Police thinking is just about the worst possible way to treat adult people. Shame on the Thai Police for enfocing such mind-terrorism. Anyone who clicks "Like" on this opinon of the Thai Police should be arrested and put in jail for supporting the distruction of democracy and free speech.

Q : Is this rule the same in other countries?

This has nothing to do with foreign countries, because they have different laws. We are taking preventive measures in dealing with this matter. Others may use the principle of law but we use the principle of political science.

Hooray for Thainess!

So if a foreigner in his country (not Thailand) clicks the "Like" button and at a later date will travel to Thailand, he can be arrested?

We have seen similar ugly repressive censorship police brutality with the LM cases where a foreigner in his counter (not Thailand) uploaded a text deemed LM and he was arrested when entering Thailand and put in prison.

This kind of Police thinking is just about the worst possible way to treat adult people. Shame on the Thai Police for enfocing such mind-terrorism. Anyone who clicks "Like" on this opinon of the Thai Police should be arrested and put in jail for supporting the distruction of democracy and free speech.

I disable all of my Facebook platform apps whenever I'm in Thailand or Burma. Friends who've never travelled to SE Asia don't understand that what would be brushed off as a throwaway joke in Europe or America can get you into serious trouble in Thailand, Burma or Malaysia.

and does facebook freely give out the information to anyone that is asking ?

last victim was that poor girl and her mother, shot that by that crazy guy, for chatting

lot's of people already lost their jobs or marriages thanks to facebook

Edited by belg

After the fall of The Soviet Union the Institute of Contemporary Social Theories

and the Institute of International Affairs -

were disbanded, and most of their members were left without jobs

Maybe he found his way here. Lol.

He probably thinks he's thinking outside the box, being proactive, cleverly jigging the system.

He's a fascist doofus.

I miss the esteemed member jayboy in this thread. As an outspoken expert on fascism and proto-fascism he might be able to explain to us earthlings whether this police officer is openly harboring fascist or proto-fascist ideas or is just stalwartly defending a young and vulnerable democracy.

and if you had a few brews and accidentally clicked 'like' could you get a lawyer to support your accidental 'liking' due to drinking, and just get charged with online drunkenness, as opposed to liking political gossip?

This is absurd, and this man should do time for such ludicrous talk. Should be slapped with a shoe dipped in dog poo.

Yet magazines like Oops and Gossip and sassy can go on making up filth and smut & gossip aobut lives of the rich, politicians, police etc? <deleted>?

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1