Eastern European women of a certain age and the older single man ...

Jingthing

I live over in Bangkok, near the Lumpini MRT subway station. I can get on and in 3 stops I am within 100 yards of Soi Cowboy. I am 60 years old but hey I am not dead yet, I like to go have a couple of beer on occasion during happy hour and look at what is wiggling. Last week I had a couple and wasn't quite ready to come home so I thought I would just take a nice stroll down Sukhumvit Road towards Soi Nana which is a pretty good walk, maybe close to a half mile or so. When passing a coffee shop around Soi 12 or so a very nice looking older lady I would guess to be in her mid to late 40's was sitting at a table outside having a cup of coffee and she said hello to me. Since she was very well dressed in a middle aged manner and not a bar girl look and her makeup was also very nice as was her blondish shoulder lenght hair. I thought what the hell and stopped and said hello, she spoke very good english and told me she was from Russia and asked where I was from. I said I live here in Lumpini and am just out for a walk, she then asked if I would like some company and I said " You are very attractive but no thanks". She then said 1000 THB for short time if you are interested. I said " No but thanks anyway and have a good evening", and then walked away thinking that lady was very attractive and I wonder what the whole story is. Maybe some kind of a setup because like I said she did not look like the girls you normally run into on the street. Anyway just another wonderful evening in the land of smiles. facepalm.gif

As we all know, when people are on holiday, and especially to a country like Thailand, they might do some things that they normally would not do back home. That might account for some of the strange behavior that these Russian woman exhibit here. They have been raised in a very conservative country, now in Thailand, they might get the feeling that anything goes, same as farang men. Then again, working girls in Russia can be quite mature, so fortyish is not that old at all, and they are very classy.

Happened to me once in Phuket.

Attractive, 40ish big breasted, topless ,Russian woman standing waist deep in the water a few feet from me started chatting and flirting with me!

When she got around to asking where I was from, I replied " USA".

She gave me a dirty look and said " Oh, a capitalist!" as she bounced away and walked up the beach!

I had no quick cime back for that one!

It was a nice bounce! lol

• Like 1

Jing, did you ever think you might be reading too much, into the looks you are getting? But if your right, then maybe we could hang out together. I could use all the help I can get!

I'm up for that also ...

Man ... cruising with the JT ... no competition (preferences) ... could it get any better!

Pick up a few pointers from Jing do his Thing ...

I'll be down in a couple of weeks and send back a match report.

Blondes or Brunettes JT?

JT and Fakename and me ... sure to be a hit!

EDIT .. just read Impule's post above ... there's a posse a comin' ... is Pattaya ready for us?

cowboy.gifcowboy.gifcowboy.gifcowboy.gif

Edited by David48

I lived for 6 years in Russia, and one of the first things I started to notice was how differently Russian men walked and held themselves. I then researched and found out the CIA had done extensive studies into the Russian "Gait" and used that information to train their spies who they sent into the field in Russia. One of the first giveaways of a spy was their walk. In other words, you could dress the part, and look the part in every way and still obviously be a foreigner.

In all my years there, even though speaking quite good Russian and adapting in other ways, most people usually knew I was a foreigner.

SO, I'm sure these women know you're a foreigner, and they're interested in you for that. What you have told us that is more interesting is that they DO NOT realize you are gay, so obviously you are not telegraphing that. tongue.png

Yes, I know about "national" walks but I think a lot of the time these cruisy moments are happening when I am sitting down. Also, keep in mind I doubt many of these women are trained behavioral experts.

OK, of course I really can't know what percentage know I'm a westerner, or American, but my feeling is that lots think I'm Russian partly because I get people talking to me in Russian quite often without even asking. I think this happens a lot to people in Pattaya these days to people who look they just MIGHT be Russian. I'm pretty sure I don't dress like a stereotypical American, no sneakers or baseball caps. From my POV, they are on holiday and not prostitutes, though I see some of you fail to believe that.

Edited by Jingthing

Jing, did you ever think you might be reading too much, into the looks you are getting? But if your right, then maybe we could hang out together. I could use all the help I can get!

I'm up for that also ...

Man ... cruising with the JT ... no competition (preferences) ... could it get any better!

Pick up a few pointers from Jing do his Thing ...

I'll be down in a couple of weeks and send back a match report.

Blondes or Brunettes JT?

JT and Fakename and me ... sure to be a hit!

EDIT .. just read Impule's post above ... there's a posse a comin' ... is Pattaya ready for us?

cowboy.gifcowboy.gifcowboy.gifcowboy.gif

Well, at least you know if you go with JT the travel expenses will be minimal
  • Like 2

How do you dress and act ?

Beach casual sporty. Not sure I could accurately describe how I act, just being myself, but when I look around, there they are, with those I want some of that looks. If pushed, I think I act like I'm probably extremely fascinating. I probably show strong clues that I live here. I think most of them think that I AM Russian.  

BTW, yes I have lost some weight lately, but I am still FAT, so perhaps they like them fat but not too fat ...

I didn't notice this before when fatter. 

Beach casual sporty?. So your rocking budgie smugglers and Nike airs?

Several months ago, there was a tv program about a social problem in Russia. Women over 40 were finding it extremely difficult to locate a male companion. There were 3 problems identified as follows;

1--- There is a higher percentage of females in the population anyway.

2--- A very high rate of alcohol consumption among men leads to premature death due to health/accident etc

3---- As Russia is a vast country it is not unusual for many men to travel large distances to work, often leaving young families behind. They may be away for months, and sometimes find another companion.

More and more Russian women have given up hope and now look for Mr Right abroad.

Beach casual sporty. Not sure I could accurately describe how I act, just being myself, but when I look around, there they are, with those I want some of that looks. If pushed, I think I act like I'm probably extremely fascinating. I probably show strong clues that I live here. I think most of them think that I AM Russian.

BTW, yes I have lost some weight lately, but I am still FAT, so perhaps they like them fat but not too fat ...

Noooo. Please! Don't put that image on my head. I'd always imagined JT with a golfing hat perching at a jaunty slant and a dapper-looking silver handled cane. Edited by Songhua
  • Like 1

I've read that Russian men will sometimes use their women as bait to find someone for a beating. For examples, in nightclubs the women seem to be alone and once someone starts flirting with them or asking them to dance, the boyfriend and his friends come to deliver a pounding.

I've read that Russian men will sometimes use their women as bait to find someone for a beating. For examples, in nightclubs the women seem to be alone and once someone starts flirting with them or asking them to dance, the boyfriend and his friends come to deliver a pounding.

These are more like Golden Girl groups, they are rarely alone but with another lady or two. Don't ask about group scenes! w00t.gif I wouldn't mostly know they are Russian speakers for sure if they were alone.

I think it makes sense they are hunting for single men and I guess I look age appropriate. Some might have a bias about nationality, and some not. Wish them luck because with me they're barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Jingthing

Noooo. Please! Don't put that image on my head. I'd always imagined JT with a golfing hat perching at a jaunty slant and a dapper-looking silver handled cane.
Ahh, possibly! Perhaps at least an off white safari suit in the wardrobe. Creating an image persona from how a member writes! It is possible I feel. JT, what's in your wardrobe? If you don't mind me asking of course. Please don't say it's full of Singha and Chang tank tops! I doubt your a fan of those?

Ahh, possibly! Perhaps at least an off white safari suit in the wardrobe. Creating an image persona from how a member writes! It is possible I feel. JT, what's in your wardrobe? If you don't mind me asking of course. Please don't say it's full of Singha and Chang tank tops! I doubt your a fan of those?

None of that.

By beach I meant beach RESORT wear, not SWIMWEAR.

Also, these ladies seem to show more attention when my hair is longer. Can't scientifically confirm that as yet.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

East or rather russian ladies are out on the market just as chinese or thailadies..... You see them everwhere

and they really want you.... sorry they want a secured future life with you. So why surpriced??? All ladies are like thai. ladies from your own homecountry are like that....

She has it in her genes in her blood in her upbringing, she is constantly looking for a better party all her life.......

So do not be surporiced, play the game, take advantage get laid and go home, ALONE...

Glegolo

I lived for 6 years in Russia, and one of the first things I started to notice was how differently Russian men walked and held themselves. I then researched and found out the CIA had done extensive studies into the Russian "Gait" and used that information to train their spies who they sent into the field in Russia. One of the first giveaways of a spy was their walk. In other words, you could dress the part, and look the part in every way and still obviously be a foreigner.

In all my years there, even though speaking quite good Russian and adapting in other ways, most people usually knew I was a foreigner.

SO, I'm sure these women know you're a foreigner, and they're interested in you for that. What you have told us that is more interesting is that they DO NOT realize you are gay, so obviously you are not telegraphing that. Posted Image

Yes, I know about "national" walks but I think a lot of the time these cruisy moments are happening when I am sitting down. Also, keep in mind I doubt many of these women are trained behavioral experts.

OK, of course I really can't know what percentage know I'm a westerner, or American, but my feeling is that lots think I'm Russian partly because I get people talking to me in Russian quite often without even asking. I think this happens a lot to people in Pattaya these days to people who look they just MIGHT be Russian. I'm pretty sure I don't dress like a stereotypical American, no sneakers or baseball caps. From my POV, they are on holiday and not prostitutes, though I see some of you fail to believe that.

AHA! I wonder if this explains a lot. I was always told in England I have a rather military 'gait' and thought nothing of it. Yet (hence my signature line) I am perpetually spoken to in Russian by, well I assume, Russians. To the extent I have taken to learning the Russian phrase for 'I'm sorry, I'm English' (oh the bitter irony, in one small phrase I am summing up my own nationality's infamous ability to simultaneously maintain politeness and self-deprecate). Maybe this is why (even when wearing a Thai uniform) even the Thai's assume I am Russian?

At 33 though I don't tend to attract attentions from such females, the only interest I get shown is from men wearing dresses and fake boobs who offer me happy endings for ฿500 which my wife finds absolutely hilarious :o/

"No, I work here and my wife is English. I don't want a pingpong show and I'm *not* Russian."

I just think they find you interesting. It is a great experience for them to meet guys from other countries. I cannot comment of their sexuality but they apparently have a lot less headaches than western women and make great wives. Learning some Russian could be helpful if you were interested in talking to them as you probably meet more of them as high season is approaching. Just a few words. Could be interesting!

Edited by MacWalen