Wireless Alarm system for Home security - any feedback?

I don't have any experience of the company but I took a look at the website. It's a well designed site but the company isn't selling products or systems that they themselves manufactured. They are just generic security products that you can buy on ebay from China with free shipping to Thailand.

I found exactly the same make and model of 3-band Wireless system listed on the Thai website for 3,990baht, listed by a seller in Shenzhen, China on ebay for 2,590 with free shipping and it comes with 4 PIR sensors instead of 1.

• Like 1

I don't know if they have them in Thailand cause I brought them over from the USA but it is just a two simple pieces that are placed together and when the door opens (if the alarm is activated) it will start ringing when the pieces are separated. They are very cheap in the USA and basically all you will ever need from a "alarm system" imho. Some other items try to be more fancy by complicating things remotes and codes.

These

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Doors-Windows-Security-System/dp/B0083QY1TY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1376247273&sr=8-7&keywords=door+alarm

are 60 baht each on Amazon

I don't have any experience of the company but I took a look at the website. It's a well designed site but the company isn't selling products or systems that they themselves manufactured. They are just generic security products that you can buy on ebay from China with free shipping to Thailand.

I found exactly the same make and model of 3-band Wireless system listed on the Thai website for 3,990baht, listed by a seller in Shenzhen, China on ebay for 2,590 with free shipping and it comes with 4 PIR sensors instead of 1.

Those systems you can use when you go to the topile, then flush them out, they are worth absolutely nothing!

I looked at what was available from China most of it is cheep stuff that will probably not last long. One company I found had some ok stuff but they wanted a wire transfer before they would ship .. I dont wire transfer to any company .. Pay pal or AMEX if they dont take it They dont get my business. I did see a system at Home Pro the other day that looked promising I did not have the time to check it real good . There are companies here in Thailand that install systems but they are anywhere from 15,000 to 50,000 baht

I have a wifi alarm system I got from china cost 230au and has everything and can hook up to smart phone with pre programed phone numbers

has 2 smoke alarms and 2 wifi sirens

glass breakage censors 8 motion detectors and 6 door censors

good package

have it partially set up but will install the rest when the house is finished

another plus is you can have a dog because the censors are infrared

• Like 1

I have fitted alarms for a living and can say that some of the wi-fi ones are highly unreliable even the yale system can be glitchy as I found out on my own house (in the UK) when I got an email and text one day while in Thailand to say the house was burning down as the smoke alarm had gone off!

Well it hadn't but i had to get someone to check of course.

I compare wireless alarms to wifi connections, how many times have you had your own wifi connection dissappear for no discernable reason? It could be humidity,competing signals,loss of handshaking or faulty data from source but whatever it is can all be avoided by having a wired alarm sensor unit.

In my experience some models are fine and are very easy to install but others keep tripping for annoying and sometimes no reasons at all-my own house seemed to trip more when it was raining which was silly because none of the sensors were even outside so that shouldn't have affected them-I could only put it down to signal attenuation by the extra moisture in the air.

As a cheap and chearful security extra I'd say go for it but don't ever fully rely on it is all.

And try to choose a model someone has recommended and uses themselves and not those awfully cheap no name 'brands' from our good friends in China!

#1 Don't forget about Import Taxes, Duty Taxes and Vat tax. It adds up quick, and also generally ordering from HK or china..they are usually scammers, thats why its so cheaper...and I faced the same dilemma...but I'd rather spend it once in thailand then spend it twice after being scammed off of ebay!! haha...i hate ebay, its like a site that breeds scammers

i dont know what model your talking about but the one i bought comes with way more than 4 sensors!

I have a great deal of experience with the type of alarm shown. I have 31 of these and use them as part of the security system on premises my company is looking after..

These cost about £60 in the UK ( = 2500Bt) and they come with 1 x wireless PIR and 2 x magnetic door/window switches. They can be monitored and maintained using text messages although I have built a website which can send the appropriate messages to maintain all the alarms centrally.

They can be used to control lights remotely and can have smoke alarms, CO alarms etc attached.

I have never experienced any wireless problems with the sensors.

Sure, they are cheap but they do work and are certainly better than nothing. The ones I have suffer rough treatment as they are moved around from one site to another fairly regularly and I have had 3 fail on me, all due to rough handling (breaking off the aerial, dropping the box...). Like any alarm using PIRs, there can be false alarms but using the 'intelligent mode' (2 hits within 10 seconds) these are few and far between.

Their main advantage is that they make a very loud noise when an intruder is detected and that is often enough to scare them off.

High quality 5 lever locks, solid doors and window bars, together with one of these cheap alarms gives you pretty good security.

Since using these alarms we have had several triggers where someone has broken but, other than broken windows or damaged doors, we have had no further problems as the siren scares them off. Only once have we managed to get intruders arrested where they unplugged the siren (very clever!). The police arrived at the site within 5 minutes and caught them 'in the act'.

Think of it like a guard dog without teeth...

Also, consider a cheap IP camera. They can detect movement and instantly send an email with a picture of the intruder or you can view live video from a phone.

Robbers much prefer a place where there are no loud sirens or cameras but remember that too much visible security implies you have a lot of valuables and can be counter-productive as you become more of a target.

I have a wifi alarm system I got from china cost 230au and has everything and can hook up to smart phone with pre programed phone numbers

good package

Dogs are infra-red proof?

IR works on heat so unless its a dead dog, they will be detected.

Many alarms will have an 'intelligent' option whereby the alarm waits for 2 hits within a short period (typically 10 seconds) before triggering and some will keep their beams away from the floor to allow dog movement but they are not especially reliable in my experience.

Try Aliexpress,a division of Alibaba, your payment goes into escrow account

until your product is delivered, also dx.com have bought stuff off them no

problem, both Chinese co. if you get delivery by EMS (can track), most

likely the parcel will get through without Taxes ect, delivered to your door.

Most of the alarm systems are made in China anyway,so just go to the source

for a wide choice and save some money.and they are easy to install yourself.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

good package

Dogs are infra-red proof?

IR works on heat so unless its a dead dog, they will be detected.

Many alarms will have an 'intelligent' option whereby the alarm waits for 2 hits within a short period (typically 10 seconds) before triggering and some will keep their beams away from the floor to allow dog movement but they are not especially reliable in my experience.

These days there are pet friendly Passive infrared sensors, which detect also the size of the object. I would doubt a cheap wireless alarm has them though.

I bought such a wireless system from shop at Aliexpress, very reliable re payment and shipping. The system is well made and I got extra IR sensors so total of 8 plus 6 beeper remote controllers. Be aware that they need a phone SIM thus phoneco account to transmit their messages to your phone. The setup is simple and it's quite reliable. Total cost plus shipping (China Post) was about 6k baht, small customs charge (about 600 baht as I remember) but no real hassle.

Im not going to get into a war of words here, but what I can tell you is that it is a FACT that many a scam are perpetrated on eBAY. I just tried to buy a LED flashlight on there, and after waiting more than a month, still haven't gotten it. Now I'm getting the run around from the so called "Ebay Protection" and "Paypal Protection"..they keep bouncing me back and fourth, and will not refund a measly $7USD!!! I already gave up on that one...

but certainly don't tell me that its not a scam site. I never said it was classified as one, but what I can say is if you are looking to get scammed, ebay is a great place to start!

They refund every " measly " as long as you stay within the rules and enter your dispute within the timeframe allowed, no runaround.

I have entered disputes in the past for products that weren't as promised and every time have had returned my money's in full without any discussion.

It is always possible that a product your order from Ebay isn't as promised, I have more such products from brick and mortar shops in Thailand however, but that is what you are protected for.