Many underage patrons found during Pattaya Pub raids

webfact

Many underage patrons found during Pattaya Pub raids

bar-13.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung District Officials in cooperation with Pattaya Police made late night checks on a number of Thai Pubs around the Pattaya area early on Sunday Morning and found many issues which are now being followed up and could see a number of venues subjected to either temporary or permanent closure orders.

Bar Licenses were checked as were the ages of patrons and employees of the bars and at the culmination of the operation a total of 37 people were arrested. The 29 men and 8 women were found to be under the age of 18. In addition, managers of each venue were arrested.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/98715/underage-patrons-pattaya-pub-raids/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-12

who cares if people are only drinking underage? I did and so did most of us.

speak for yourself. you don't know me.

no i don't know you but what do you mean? you care about "the crime" of underage drinking or you didn't drink until you were of legal age.

It is less an issue for underage drinkers alone but more a licencing issue. Premise owners should know what their operating licence covers assuming they even had one. They are supposed to have age limits on their customers and asked by law to control that.

Like all these cops weren't slugging whiskey by the time they were 12.

Man,these guys have too much time on their hands. Go do something useful like bust some jetski scammers.

They did, they busted them for under-age drinking.
  • Like 1

who cares if people are only drinking underage?

The law is the law. If it's illegal then it should be penalised, just like not wearing a helmet on a motorbike, taking cocaine, gambling, calling a spade a spade in print or sleeping with people under 15/16/18/21/whatever daft interpretation currently applies.

If a law is wrong (and God knows there are thousands of them that are) then it should be changed, but that's another matter.

• Like 1

..........just for 'show'.....of course business will go on....

Gee our usual Pattaya undercover agent must be napping. Shouldn't there be an obligatory comment about tea money?

At least we all know that the superior policing in western countries has totally eradicated drug use and alcohol abuse. If only Pattaya could operate at those lofty levels.

They must present paperwork to the UN soon about underaged sexworkers!!

But probably the report will state that it's the fault of the farangs, they come to Pattaya to find underaged boy's and girls

What are utalking about,it was a a thai pub,farangs hardly go there

But probably the report will state that it's the fault of the farangs, they come to Pattaya to find underaged boy's and girls

I think some people are just obsessed with sex/prostitution/underage girls!!

• Like 1

talk for yourself, I go any-and everywhere

U dont think its important to try and stop underage drinking,take the offenders to family and get them to try and stop them too.Howold is drinking underage 12, 13, 14 15.

I was lucky i got stopped before it turned into a heavy daily drinker,skipping school,stealing money,and being a horrible football hooligan with no scruples whatsever,mostly because i was drunk.Carrying knives and using them,because most did it too,u are wrong.

U like thai pubs with underage drinkers then???

I think some people are just obsessed with sex/prostitution/underage girls!!

Not far off the truth there mate.

who cares if people are only drinking underage?

The law is the law. If it's illegal then it should be penalised, just like not wearing a helmet on a motorbike, taking cocaine, gambling, calling a spade a spade in print or sleeping with people under 15/16/18/21/whatever daft interpretation currently applies.

If a law is wrong (and God knows there are thousands of them that are) then it should be changed, but that's another matter.

your right of course. the law is the law. would you also support police action if they were to arrest any man in Thailand who has paid for sex?

It is less an issue for underage drinkers alone but more a licencing issue. Premise owners should know what their operating licence covers assuming they even had one. They are supposed to have age limits on their customers and asked by law to control that.

Totaly agree, The person holding the operating licence has to bear the full responsibility of whom he allows in his premises and that is a stipulation by law.. The fact that officialdom is doing random checks merely indicates that noboby gives a dam. Revoke these defaulters licence for a five year period and perhaps you may get a better result.

is it illegal to be just in there with just an orange juice,but under 20,....wai2.gif

Yes. If the pub premises are licenced for alcohol then the owner should keep you out.

Whether you would be fined is unlikely but the owner could be.

if it is restaurant that's different.

Edited by petercool

Does this mean your ok with your underage children drinking in bars? If it's ok what (under)-age do you approve? 16? 14? 12?

Cool.