Finger-waving tourist receives Phuket lesson

Lite Beer

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy driving the bike deliberately and with hostile intent drove down the street fast and ignored the safety of the pedestrians because it was a street full of foreigners. It was to his satisfaction that he intimidated and came close to injuring those people. I was not there but this is what happened- will never believe otherwise. Experience speaking.

The only thing that the German did wrong was not keep an eye on the guys to see if they were going to retaliate and not look for something to use as a weapon when he saw them returning. To any sub-simian intellegence that asserts that the tourist in any way deserved being assaulted afterwards I hope that future experience enlightens you in a deserving fashion. Showing contempt by flipping someone the bird is harmless to the recipient. Showing contempt by speeding in a motor vehicle through an area with lots of pedestrians can get someone killed.

Someone wrote on another thread on this forum a few months ago that you have to remember that Thai men in their twenties have the emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl.

I thought that was a gross insult.

My grand daughter in Australia is 13 and she has far more common sense and emotional maturity than a Thai man in his twenties.

Be careful. They are dangerous.

That writer was perfectly correct. Problem is he just forgot to mention exactly WHAT those 13 year olds were doing at the actual point-in-TIME they portrayed their so-called emotional maturity. Whaaahahahaha.

I am a martial artist/instructor and can take good care of myself, but i never get the opportunities others get, because i am very humble and always bow down and say sorry to stupid acts of others....coffee1.gif

If you're being humble and bowing down to every stupid act that you see when do you get time to do anything else ?

Don't let the guy get to you. He's full of it. I was roommates with a friend from Seoul for several years, who is an 8th degree in Taekwando. I met many people who were into martial arts during this time. Martial arts instructors are a dime a dozen and being one does not mean that they have reached a higher plane of spirituality, nor are they necessarily anywhere near the apex of martial arts achievement. Blame TV. I have seen guys after three weeks of training start believing they are on some superior ethereal level- Kung <deleted> Shaolin Monks tramping across the desert. It is ludicrous.

Our "humble" fellow above is delusional and a sham- His post is condescending and arrogant. Entirely contrary his professed humility.

The low IQ i thing I was also told, was due in part to a lack of Iron - hence the ioidinisation of salt etc......

I think it's actually iodine rather than iron. I remember reading something about the need for iodine in childrens diets for proper development of the brain, and apparently Thais were unaware of this and eating iodine deficient diets for ages. Now, we see iodized salt everywhere.

Actually here's a quote from a health website:

"Iodine is used by your thyroid gland to help regulate metabolism and development of both skeleton and brain, among other things. Lack of iodine may severely affect your child’s brain function and IQ."

The low IQ i thing I was also told, was due in part to a lack of Iron - hence the ioidinisation of salt etc......

I think it's actually iodine rather than iron. I remember reading something about the need for iodine in childrens diets for proper development of the brain, and apparently Thais were unaware of this and eating iodine deficient diets for ages. Now, we see iodized salt everywhere.

Actually here's a quote from a health website:

"Iodine is used by your thyroid gland to help regulate metabolism and development of both skeleton and brain, among other things. Lack of iodine may severely affect your child’s brain function and IQ."

My bad - I meant iodine :) thanks, but without being flippant it may explain a lot?