University student stabbed dead after drunken fistfights in Nakon Pathom

webfact

University Student Stabbed Dead After Drunken Fistfights
By Khaosod Online

stabb.jpg

NAKHON PATHOM: -- A student has been arrested in Nakorn Pathom province after he reportedly stabbed a senior student to death following a drunken, heated verbal exchange

Police were alerted in the morning to investigate the fight in Silpakorn University Campus in Nakhon Prathom

Province. At the scene they found Mr. Patrawith ′Dear′ Wattanawetchasak, 29, severely injured near Sra Kaew pond.

Mr. Patrawuth was sent to the hospital, where he later died.

Mr. Patrawuth′s friends told the police that Mr. Ronnachai Jutin, 22, an Engineer Student from the same university was the murderer.

A friend of the victim said that his group and Mr. Ronnachai′s group engaged in a fistfight before Mr. Patrawuth punched Mr. Ronnachai in the face. Mr. Ronnachai then allegedly stabbed Mr. Patrawuth with a pocket knife before he fled the scene.

Police then found Mr. Ronnachai sleeping in the Teacher′s rest room in the University, and arrested him once they found a knife that appeared to be used in the crime in Mr. Ronnachai’s pocket.

The suspect later confessed stabbing Mr. Patrawuth, but argued that he only did so in order to defend himself. He also admitted that he was intoxicated at the time

When the family members of Mr. Patrawuth visited the Police station for investigation, they encountered Mr. Ronnachai there, and they immediately tried to assault him. The police had to intervene with the situation, and took Mr. Ronnachai away for further interrogation.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05qSTVOamN3T0E9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-08-12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alcohol...what a blessing it is...

Well, its available in the streets, in markets, in cafe's, at convenient stores, almost anywhere without any means of control. What do u expect! the downside is that it has a very adverse effects with people that have small brains.

• Like 1

It's not the alcohol that's the problem, it's the *sshole that's drinking it.

Millions upon millions, possibly even a billion people had a drink at the weekend and didn't find the need to stab someone to death. Man mind thyself, if you can't handle it, then don't drink.

I taught in both universities and technical colleges for more than two decades....

I have never yet met a SOBER 22 year old engineering student who was an *sshole...

Kids make poor decisions daily...If they are drunk the outcomes are usually far more onerous.

But you never taught in Thailand. The vast majority of boy students are <deleted>. Unfortunately that the facts.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

Millions upon millions, possibly even a billion people had a drink at the weekend and didn't find the need to stab someone to death. Man mind thyself, if you can't handle it, then don't drink.

Your right... But now i'm thinking of buying my self a knife, just in case...coffee1.gif

sometimes i wonder why they allow to sell whisky and beer in this country!??

Yes, it shouldn't be have a legal age of 18 or 20 years old. One should have to show they have a mental and emotional state of an 18 or 20 year old. Perhaps bring in testing to give out special 'I have the mental and emotional state of an adult' Thai Certificate.

I taught in both universities and technical colleges for more than two decades....

I have never yet met a SOBER 22 year old engineering student who was an *sshole...

Kids make poor decisions daily...If they are drunk the outcomes are usually far more onerous.

"Kids make poor decisions daily..."

And Thai kids make poor decisions with knives, machetes, and guns...

Once again, alcohol is a major contributing in a tragic case that will have repercussions for many decades to come.

If it was not so easy to make, it would have been banned a long time ago.

I am right now drinking San Miguel Pale Pilsen. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it. It is in a gold can.

• Like 1

alcohol, sigarettes, yaba, drugs... should be all illegal

How about breathing and passing wind?

This young nutter should be mad to breathe in passing wind, gas the coward.

Edited by ginjag

Ah, the finger-pointing-picture. Let's wait for the BiB's reenactment photo op.

Is the culprit already out on bail?

I doubt he's out on bail because no-one knows who his dad is. He hasn't said "Do you know who I am or do you know who my father is?"

Gotta be connected to get bail.

Yes, it shouldn't be have a legal age of 18 or 20 years old. One should have to show they have a mental and emotional state of an 18 or 20 year old. Perhaps bring in testing to give out special 'I have the mental and emotional state of an adult' Thai Certificate.

Great idea! But I'm afraid that this test would eliminate 80% of the entire male population. Seems that, by necessity, at least some of the women tend to grow up in Thailand. The boys however...

Great idea! But I'm afraid that this test would eliminate 80% of the entire male population. Seems that, by necessity, at least some of the women tend to grow up in Thailand. The boys however...

Put enough booze in any Thai male and besides whatever weapon he has on his person, his 10 mates will make sure the kicking you get is the same as ufc.

Kids with knives, murders, shootings everyday, I can't understand why we can't see what is going on here.

Society is breaking here. is it going to become stay at home in the moobhan, dodge the coppers, look over your shoulder, don't dare scowl at anyone, don't discuss, don't engage, because the consequences are death?

As I said, I'm leaving forthwith, this place is descending into chaos.

• Like 2

Ought to have let the family have at him.

So you support mob rule, violence, vigilante "justice" and no investigation, trial and judgement.

Where you there to witness the actual events or just saying something you believe will be popular?

Well, precious, just what makes you think that any of those things are going to happen?

Ought to have let the family have at him.

So you support mob rule, violence, vigilante "justice" and no investigation, trial and judgement.

Where you there to witness the actual events or just saying something you believe will be popular?

Well, precious, just what makes you think that any of those things are going to happen?

At least he might have felt a little justice. Elsewhere he would be facing a death penalty or 30 years in jail. Follow the story. It will be explained away.

"She offended his manhood" 5 years out in 3.