University student stabbed dead after drunken fistfights in Nakon Pathom

webfact

alcohol, sigarettes, yaba, drugs... should be all illegal

Forget the booze and drugs, these are just a bunch of no hope mindless thugs, who don`t need much of an excuse to run a muck. There are millions of them the world over.

How about bunging the whole lot on a island and let them fight it out among themselves?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the booze and drugs, these are just a bunch of no hope mindless thugs, who don`t need much of an excuse to run a muck. There are millions of them the world over.

How about bunging the whole lot on a island and let them fight it out among themselves?

Take off your rose tinted specs. This stuff is not happening even remotely to the save level in the west.

• Like 1

alcohol...what a blessing it is...

It's not the alcohol that's the problem, it's the *sshole that's drinking it.

Millions upon millions, possibly even a billion people had a drink at the weekend and didn't find the need to stab someone to death. Man mind thyself, if you can't handle it, then don't drink.

Your right... But now i'm thinking of buying my self a knife, just in case...coffee1.gif

never go anywhere with out a knife u never no when your motorbike might break down and need it as a tool lol

sometimes i wonder why they allow to sell whisky and beer in this country!??

Yes, it shouldn't be have a legal age of 18 or 20 years old. One should have to show they have a mental and emotional state of an 18 or 20 year old. Perhaps bring in testing to give out special 'I have the mental and emotional state of an adult' Thai Certificate.

Great idea! But I'm afraid that this test would eliminate 80% of the entire male population. Seems that, by necessity, at least some of the women tend to grow up in Thailand. The boys however...

Put enough booze in any Thai male and besides whatever weapon he has on his person, his 10 mates will make sure the kicking you get is the same as ufc.

Kids with knives, murders, shootings everyday, I can't understand why we can't see what is going on here.

Society is breaking here. is it going to become stay at home in the moobhan, dodge the coppers, look over your shoulder, don't dare scowl at anyone, don't discuss, don't engage, because the consequences are death?

As I said, I'm leaving forthwith, this place is descending into chaos.

As I have posted here before, many of us moved to Thailand for the freedom. But unfortunately we are now dealing with Freedom's violent and retarded son. His name is Anarchy.

Edited by Phronesis
  • Like 1

sometimes i wonder why they allow to sell whisky and beer in this country!??

Yes, it shouldn't be have a legal age of 18 or 20 years old. One should have to show they have a mental and emotional state of an 18 or 20 year old. Perhaps bring in testing to give out special 'I have the mental and emotional state of an adult' Thai Certificate.

Great idea! But I'm afraid that this test would eliminate 80% of the entire male population. Seems that, by necessity, at least some of the women tend to grow up in Thailand. The boys however...

Put enough booze in any Thai male and besides whatever weapon he has on his person, his 10 mates will make sure the kicking you get is the same as ufc.

Kids with knives, murders, shootings everyday, I can't understand why we can't see what is going on here.

Society is breaking here. is it going to become stay at home in the moobhan, dodge the coppers, look over your shoulder, don't dare scowl at anyone, don't discuss, don't engage, because the consequences are death?

As I said, I'm leaving forthwith, this place is descending into chaos.

As I have posted here before, many of us moved here for the freedom. But unfortunately we are now dealing with Freedom's violent and retarded son. His name is Anarchy.

Well I may be a little rose tinted because I have resolved to go home. Maybe home has changed a lot too. Even freedom needs to value life, and taking one should have very serious implications.

But this type of stuff is happening if not daily then bi-weekly. Society is descending very very rapidly here, in my opinion

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Sadly the young man made a bad mistake , guess he gotta live with it . I been in similar situation in my young years , luckily my machete scared the sh#t outta them so not had to use it . True the years I learned that backing of from stupid senseles macho confrontations is a good way to stay outta jail and out of the oven .

Feel sorry for the families of the victem and the poor bastard that killed him .

Just because ma & Pa raised the cash to send a kid to uni doesn't make the kid special. If a kid wants to take a weapon to a fist fight, to me, he is a lo-life with a family with a little cash to try and change things. Alas in this case it failed. sad.png

• Like 1

EXACTLY!!! Thais, males in particular, seem to have a problem controlling themselves.

Yes , u won't get in trouble easy here , its all about nationalism , pride , loosing face , u understand Thai male culture , luckily there also are many Thai guys that stepped over that too .

Just because ma & Pa raised the cash to send a kid to uni doesn't make the kid special. If a kid wants to take a weapon to a fist fight, to me, he is a lo-life with a family with a little cash to try and change things. Alas in this case it failed. sad.png

This has nothing to do if the parents have cash or not . Have u been there ? It seems to be a fashion at the uni's to have fights and bring in weapons . U ever been outnumbered in a fight ? I carried a weapon since I was 14 and for sure u can't call me a lo-life . I had my reasons to be armed . W e live on the same globe , but life experience can be so different . That's why we don't understand eachother .

This has nothing to do if the parents have cash or not . Have u been there ? It seems to be a fashion at the uni's to have fights and bring in weapons . U ever been outnumbered in a fight ? I carried a weapon since I was 14 and for sure u can't call me a lo-life . I had my reasons to be armed . W e live on the same globe , but life experience can be so different . That's why we don't understand eachother .

I have never carried a weapon of any sort in public. What's between my ears is all l need till my time comes. smile.png

• Like 1

Millions upon millions, possibly even a billion people had a drink at the weekend and didn't find the need to stab someone to death. Man mind thyself, if you can't handle it, then don't drink.

Although I dont disagree with the gist of your reply (clicked like) the facts are that alcohol can induce aggressive behavior in otherwise non aggresive people, even nice, respectable, educated, intelligent people. Axxholes can be worse axxholes when intoxicated. Then theres the alcoholic population that includes some of the nicest, most decent, intelligent, educated that not infrequently find themselves in the midst of violence be it fighting or violent motor vehicle accidents. Many that do drink are unable to see (due to alcohols effects) they cannot handle it.

Worldwide violent crimes and motor vehicle accident statistics involve alcohol to a high %.

• Like 1

whoosh.. what was that..... ahh that was your life young man.. it just flew away from you..... silly boy for having a knife.. silly boy for using it.. we all have too much to drink from time to time but pulling the knife out and stabbing someone.. well that was a choice however made that will likely see your life very much changed in the future...

Silpakorn University is one of Thailand's better universities. The Chiang Mai shooting of 2 foreigners and one Thai in Chiang Mai also involved a drunken student from one of Thailand's better universities, in that case Chiang Mai university.

The fact that they attend these prestigious establishments will help to dramatically reduce any punishment or sentence they receive from the courts or the police since their status within the system in Thailand is much higher than somebody with a lower education.

And Thai kids make poor decisions with knives, machetes, and guns...

As do American, Australian, German, Cambodian kids.......

And UK kids. Seems the spineless want to be seen as hero's but haven't the balls to use their fists in a ruck. Seems the face thing is worldwide. sad.png

Take off your rose tinted specs. This stuff is not happening even remotely to the save level in the west.

Oh yes it is. Eight so far this year, and that's just in one city.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391174/Boy-16-stabbed-death-knifed-teenager-19-arrested-murder.html

High schools need to teach conflict resolution and anger management. Seems culture values here go from 0 to 60 in one second regarding anger. I taught emotionally disturbed black gangsters in US high school, crips and bloods. My goal was to keep them alive long enough to get a bit of sense.

Wonder where in the West you lived. I have been to plenty of cities that are dangerous as hell, from the "Banlieus" in France to certain areas in Berlin, parts of London. Places where if you just look at someone the wrong way, you can get killed.

What? They should be illegal because they sometimes are the cause of death?

On that basis let's also ban automobiles, knives, guns and most of all stupid people.

Prohibition is not the solution. Instead, substances like cannabis and MDMA should be legal so that they can be available as much less harmful and more enjoyable alternatives.

Update :

Mr. Ronnachai Jutin the student who committed the stabbing manslaughter of the older student Mr. Patrawith ′Dear′ Wattanawetchasak is back at Silapakorn University to finish his degree after his father payed 500,000 baht compensation to the family of Mr Patrawith. Due to him missing his exams he is back in the 4th years at the same campus. So presumably money has been paid to the Uni as well. No jail term, No changing Universities.. Nothing but a slap on the wrist. and a slight slap at that.

​Thailand, It sometimes amazes me even after nearly 9 years here. And not in a good way.