Tor 3 Question..........i Think?

A quick question, when we purchased our house In Thailand about 3 years ago we transferred the money to the builders Thai bank account from our UK bank account via a swift money transfer. I don’t think we ever got a tor 3 document if that’s what it’s called! However I did get a copy of the money transfer document from my bank which looks like a computer print out. If at some time in the future we ever wanted to sell the house would that be enough or not? If we did need a tor 3 how would we get one? Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Edited by daveb1

The computer print out should be OK to get your money out again. Should be no problem if you use the bank on which the money arrived in the first place.

The TT3 (Tor Tor 3) document was required by the land and house department to register a condo in a foreigners name...

Nowadays they require a "proof of foreign remmitance" document. This is not the computer print out, but a document signed of by a bank official.

By the way, best to confirm with your bank of course.

Rules are not always followed exactly...

I do have the feeling they'r quite lenient for foreigners sending money abroad, especially if the amoun per transfer stays under 10000 US$ equivalent.

A quick question, when we purchased our house In Thailand about 3 years ago we transferred the money to the builders Thai bank account from our UK bank account via a swift money transfer. I don’t think we ever got a tor 3 document if that’s what it’s called! However I did get a copy of the money transfer document from my bank which looks like a computer print out. If at some time in the future we ever wanted to sell the house would that be enough or not? If we did need a tor 3 how would we get one? Anyone got any ideas on this one?

I presume from your post that the house is in your wife's name and that the "our" was a Freudian slip. :o Therefore Fx requirements are not necessary. The regulations regarding thais taking money abroad are more relevant. Do you live in UK or Thailand?