TAT expects to see 1.17 trillion baht revenue from tourism industry this year

webfact

TAT expects to see 1.17 trillion baht revenue from tourism industry this year

BANGKOK, 11 August 2013 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand expects to see over 1 trillion baht in revenue from the tourism industry this year.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has disclosed that 12.75 million people visited Thailand in the first 6 months of 2013, a 20 percent increase year-on-year, expressing confidence that Thailand will have seen a total of 26.1 million travelers visiting the country when 2013 draws to a close; 5 million higher than its previously anticipated figure.

The TAT added that Thailand would see a revenue of 1.17 trillion baht from the tourism sector, nearly 20 percent higher than its earlier forecast of 1 trillion. The TAT also said most travelers visiting Thailand for the rest of the year would be from China and Russia.

Although the current political situation has raised concerns among tourists, the TAT has provided them with information to assure them of their safety, adding that all the ongoing political rift will not affect the tourism industry.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-13 footer_n.gif

WE just can't help it, more more more, Chinese and Russian, and all these have been assured of complete safety with ALL ongoing political rifts will not affect the tourist industry. YAWN

with this, 4 new planes ordered, police crackdown on freedom of speech, possible insurance for tourists, goods priced so high in the last year, DO the Chinese and Russians know about all this and more.

You notice TAT now never talks about other tourists from Europe/USA/Australia, like we didn't exist.

Do the Chinese and Russians give a hoot about the ongoing political rifts and other negative points made in your post? I don't think so as it doesn't affect them! When I came here to work (33 years ago) I didn't even know who the Prime Minister was, I didn't even know the real price of Somtam, I didn't even know how many new planes Thai Inter had ordered never mind the then government, I didn't know about insurance (as I had my own) but, I DID know that I was going to work and enjoy myself and here, 33 years later, the work is finished but I'm still having a good time, just like the Chinese and Russian tourists! Westerners might be more accepted by Thailand if they tried doing the same and left Thailand's problems to the Thai's, after all they caused them!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif And if you knew nothing when you came as you said, that was clever ???

so you came for work here ?? but hadn't done your homework. If you do live here what happens does affect your life---By the way it was P.M.Yingluck S. who ordered the 4 planes NOT Thai Airways my points are NOT negative they are valid as they affect lives here in general.

Chinese and Russians don't bother me as they keep to themselves and NOT integrate.

My point really was TATs crazy figures spewed out and spouting about Chinese and Russians every time they promote. take a look at the combined figures of all without them, interesting %

WE just can't help it, more more more, Chinese and Russian, and all these have been assured of complete safety with ALL ongoing political rifts will not affect the tourist industry. YAWN

with this, 4 new planes ordered, police crackdown on freedom of speech, possible insurance for tourists, goods priced so high in the last year, DO the Chinese and Russians know about all this and more.

You notice TAT now never talks about other tourists from Europe/USA/Australia, like we didn't exist.

But I'll bet that when your home is Moscow or Beijing, then Thailand must seem like paradise. If your home is Miami Beach or Honolulu or Sante Fe or even Kansas City--probably not.

Oil spill? Check

Poisoned seafood, due to oil spill? Check

Political tension that might lead to violence and/or coup?Check

Crack-d own on internet, freedom of speech? Check

Baht un-naturally strong? Check

There is nothing to see, here- business a susual!

• Like 2

But I'll bet that when your home is Moscow or Beijing, then Thailand must seem like paradise. If your home is Miami Beach or Honolulu or Sante Fe or even Kansas City--probably not.

Agreed initially, I did, then every trip you learn more as the Chinese and Russians will, exactly the same as us, But TAT and Thailand in general are hit and run ??.......................Still love it here, but my negativity is constructive, NOT bashing Thais----New term this day and age. FEEDBACK

From another article: "Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Pureesrisak said the ministry was readying to implement the regulation to cut down on foreign tourists' unpaid medical bills that cost the country more than Bt200 million annually."

Tourist revenue = 1.17 Trillion baht. To me Bt200 million sounds like a pretty good tradeoff. However, the Tourism and Sports department wants it all. Don't make any effort to ensure that tourists have a safe vacation here, but expect them to drop all that money int their laps. Thailand: Hub of Greed, more Greed and even more Greed.wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Edited by jaltsc

increased visitors don't mean increased revenue.

Im sure that TAT is using the European spending rates and applying them to the Russians and Chinese tourists to make the numbers look good.

I wouldn't be surprised if the real numbers show a decrease in revenue... and if it does... Serves you right Thailand for being such a horrible host!

BANGKOK, 11 August 2013 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand expects to see over 1 trillion baht in revenue from the tourism industry this year.

Sounds like someone in TAT is due their six-monthly bonus whistling.gif

1283232883973_9867411.png

• Like 1

It was later revealed that these figures came from a single source - The taxi fare charged by Kalasin native Mr. Somchai Tatpaiboon to transport a honeymooning British couple from Phuket airport to Nai Harn beach.

hehehehe these are some of the same nonsense post that appear here every time TAT make a statement. Maybe they do not get it right for a few but the tourist numbers keep going up year on year. So get over it boys and enjoy the ride and maybe you will get over your negative fixation with Thailand. By the way no matter how many nails have been driven into that coffin Thailand is still here

• Like 1

Do the Chinese and Russians give a hoot about the ongoing political rifts and other negative points made in your post? I don't think so as it doesn't affect them! When I came here to work (33 years ago) I didn't even know who the Prime Minister was, I didn't even know the real price of Somtam, I didn't even know how many new planes Thai Inter had ordered never mind the then government, I didn't know about insurance (as I had my own) but, I DID know that I was going to work and enjoy myself and here, 33 years later, the work is finished but I'm still having a good time, just like the Chinese and Russian tourists! Westerners might be more accepted by Thailand if they tried doing the same and left Thailand's problems to the Thai's, after all they caused them!

cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif And if you knew nothing when you came as you said, that was clever ???

so you came for work here ?? but hadn't done your homework. If you do live here what happens does affect your life---By the way it was P.M.Yingluck S. who ordered the 4 planes NOT Thai Airways my points are NOT negative they are valid as they affect lives here in general.

Chinese and Russians don't bother me as they keep to themselves and NOT integrate.

My point really was TATs crazy figures spewed out and spouting about Chinese and Russians every time they promote. take a look at the combined figures of all without them, interesting %

Clever enough to make me a load of money! Home work? Company pays for any work, inside and outside of office! And no, unless you marry a Buffalo or someone who owns one what happens doesn't effect your life!

Let me tell you something, I have a very good westerner as a friend who complains that is "wife" doesn't love him but, he pays her 5,000 baht a week! Well, good luck to her she understands life and he doesn't, why the hell is he trying to "buy" her? I've never tried to "buy" anyone in my life so, I don't need to get involved in the stupidity of Thai politics. I also don't believe all that you seem to (without any proof) believe. However i do have a great life here and never ever see the crap that most posters report!

Thailand's GDP is about 11.375 trillion baht

TAT says tourism will provide 1.17 trillion baht of revenue.

So we can say tourism is about 10% of GDP. I always thought it was around 5% based off postings on ThaiVisa in the past 5 years.

• Like 1

Stay in your hotel, the roads are not safe, the railways are not safe, travel is cheap but then so is life, This is a great country but the basics need sorting out, keep your eyes peeled and hope for the best.

Although the current political situation has raised concerns among tourists, the TAT has provided them with information to assure them of their safety

D_amn, I must've missed that release. Gotta renew that subscription to Sawasdee magazine. :(

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif And if you knew nothing when you came as you said, that was clever ???

Clever enough to make me a load of money! Home work? Company pays for any work, inside and outside of office! And no, unless you marry a Buffalo or someone who owns one what happens doesn't effect your life!

Let me tell you something, I have a very good westerner as a friend who complains that is "wife" doesn't love him but, he pays her 5,000 baht a week! Well, good luck to her she understands life and he doesn't, why the hell is he trying to "buy" her? I've never tried to "buy" anyone in my life so, I don't need to get involved in the stupidity of Thai politics. I also don't believe all that you seem to (without any proof) believe. However i do have a great life here and never ever see the crap that most posters report!

I agree with a lot of what you say, but you refer re "Proof" what do you want me to prove ??? or are you suggesting that I make things up as I go along. Most posters report crap because they see it-or hear about it or get involved too much, if you are working in the office and not live rural you WILL NOT see much will you. give me instances what you do not believe ???

Thai's should appreciate the revenue from tourism & crack down on all the scam's; too many here are all to willing to bite the hand that feeds them!

In full agreement with you. The Thai people will never have the common sence to respect foreigners whether they live here are are tourists.

So TAT says 1.17 trillion bath ,But everything is still same,,,,,where's all that gone?

What do people spend their paychecks on? Food, new cars/motorbikes, paying loans, entertainment/vacations, new TV, savings, etc.