Songkran Scrooge

dive_mistress

Please tell me I am not the only person who wishes to remain inside and hide, :o far from the madness of Songkran????

I ride a little motorbike and spend enough days of the year driving around soaked from the rain trying to avoid an accident because the streets are soaked and slippery.

I feel as though I am so boring!!! haha and maybe I "should" go out an partake in the fun. However I konw that ANYTIME i do something cause I "should" it usually a bad idea as I have come to realize "should" is a bad word.

Its my only day off and I just want to work at home today, lay out :D , hang out, enjoy quiet!

Im 37 and feel like im acting like a .............. much much older person!

You are not alone Dive Mistress, I know many people who say they just stay close to home for the long weekend. I also know a number of people who leave town to escape the mayhem -- using this time for vacation trips home, etc.

I don't mind the occasional splash but I no longer enjoy getting soaked. It was fun the first time but that was enough. Of course, I'm not as young as you!

I've always enjoyed Song Kran for a day or two, but after that I watch all the Oscar-winning DVDs that I've been hoarding for this time, do some reading, work on my web-site, play with the computer, etc.

You can get angry and resent being trapped inside or you can relax and use the time productively and enjoy a break from your normal routine.

I choose the positive path of the Jedi Knight! :o

I do pity the motorbike riders, especially anyone older than teenaged, because the brutal soaking has got to take a toll after awhile. At 37 I'd reckon you're way past the age when getting hammered mercilessly by buckets of water all day long is any fun... maybe an alternative form of transportation would be in order during the holidays. Then again, I saw quite a few songthaew passengers getting soaked today as well.

As for me, I love sitting by the side of the road with a 50 gallon barrel full of water and joining in the fun. Nothing better than throwing a bit of water on a pretty girl and getting that wonderful Thai smile in return, and I certainly don't mind taking the same wetting as I'm giving.

Have a Happy New Year and enjoy!!