Contact details for Australian Consul, passport fee deposit.

Archie Pelago

I've found the telephone numbers for Larry Cunningham, but haven't been able to get through. Keep getting disconnected through the automated switchboard.

Has anyone got a confirmed email address they can PM me please?

I need to make an urgent appointment to see him while I am in Phuket.

Also has anyone done an application for renewal in Phuket recently?

I read on the consular page that a deposit needs to be made to the Embassy Standard Chartered account in Sathorn - is there a Standard Chartered branch anywhere in Phuket?

I understand the procedure from the website (before anyone tells me to read the instructions) - the reason I wish to clarify is that I am in an unusual situation of having an additional concurrent passport which was issued under the old system - and the online automated form process will not accept my renewal.

Would appreciate any feedback from recent applicants here on the island, and any useful info about getting to Chava etc.

Cheers

Archie

OP: Why not call consular services at the Embassy on 02 344 6300 & ask them to put you through

Already did. They referred me back to the numbers on the link I posted above for his office at Chava.

That's why I posted here, to see if someone could offer first hand advice.

I got a passport renewal about a month ago - had to go to the embassy in BKK (you have to go personally for the interview). Took the application form that I'd done through the DFAT website and was in and out in 15 minutes. Passport posted to me and already in my hands. Bottom line, I don't think LC can help you with this. Read the DFAT (Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade) website for detailed information on the process.

I got a passport renewal about a month ago - had to go to the embassy in BKK (you have to go personally for the interview). Took the application form that I'd done through the DFAT website and was in and out in 15 minutes. Passport posted to me and already in my hands. Bottom line, I don't think LC can help you with this. Read the DFAT (Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade) website for detailed information on the process.

Not sure if you clicked on the link I provided in the OP - it is the instructions on how to apply for a passport in Phuket.

I have also received an email from the embassy consular section in Bangkok in the past 2 weeks confirming that I can indeed apply for my renewal in Phuket; in fact they advised me to do it in Phuket instead of going up to Bangkok.

Adult applicants seeking to renew a valid, undamaged Australian passport may apply in person at the office of the Honorary Consul Phuket.

from http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Consular_P2_2.html

I tried to contact Cunningham once without success. The reception people at his resort aren't very helpful.

I wanted to get my monthly income statement certified for Immigration. I ended up going the bank deposit route instead.