Other Fora

the gent

The closure of the previous thread by its nature raises more questions than the original OP.

Given the expressed fear of poaching, does this mean posters on TV have an intrinsic worth? If so, then I am suitably gratified but am still in the dark as to how this might be quantified. Arsenal would have us believe that the value is negligible but his attendance in his current form, superseding previous incarnations, would suggest otherwise.

So, why the sensitivity Boo? Or is your closure misconstrued policy?

Perhaps there are other issues but treating people like mushrooms is hardly the way to go, surely.

The question was does tv have a problem with people posting on other forums. The question was answered & there was no value to keeping the topic alive. Don't read into things that aren't there & don't make issues where there are none. I am very straightforward. There is no hidden agenda.

Given the expressed fear of poaching, does this mean posters on TV have an intrinsic worth?

I would guess that posters define the popularity of a forum. The more popular the more members & guests and a higher chance somebody clicks on one of the many advertisements.

Now I'm not familiar with the internet business but I think each click on an advert gives the owners of the forum some money. I suppose for them it's not only a hobby but also a business.

The question was does tv have a problem with people posting on other forums. The question was answered & there was no value to keeping the topic alive. Don't read into things that aren't there & don't make issues where there are none. I am very straightforward. There is no hidden agenda.

Boo - respect. A mod who stands up for him/herself and sets the record straight.

Edited by Sing_Sling

tv.com is , i am sure , a very big business now.

our role as posters is hard to define , are we using the owners , or are the owners using us ?

a bit of both i suppose , we get a free soapbox and playground and they get traffic which attracts advertisers.

its a typical symbiotic set up.

when other forums launch a raid to try to poach posters , tv are entitled to get uppity , and when posters breach forum guidelines which may annoy the advertisers causing a "revenue outflow situation", then those posters will be kicked out.

it does all seem pretty straightforward , i see no hidden agenda , its business pure and simple.

but there does seem to be some sensitivity about discussion of the issue from tv.

i dont think they need to be so sensitive , i've looked at other thai forums , and as yet there isnt one that comes close to tv for variety of topics and quality of posting.

they really should be paying us. :o

how about it george ? loyalty points based on posts made , spend the points on offers from your advertisers , i'm sure they will cough up some freebies.

just like the airlines , a frequent posters programme ! :D

Edited by taxexile