Is There A Limit On Getting "o" Visas?

I've been in Thailand on Tourist Visas for the past 2 Years but just got married to my Girlfriend, now Wife. I now got a non immigrant O Visa from Penang and the officer there said "you get 3 months, then you have to extend in Bangkok". the problem is, due to some Financial circumstances in my home country, i'm just not yet able to make the 400,000 transfer, but the earliest in like 6-7 months. Can i go back to Penang to get another "O" visa or will that be a problem since i got one before and didnt extend it?

:o:D

Last month, my friend has exactly the same problem as you. When he applied at the embassy outside Thailand for the second time, his application was rejected.

However, I think it can be very subjective and it all depends very much on the approving officer's discretion.

My advice is that try to borrow the money from your friends or relatives, otherwise, you will lose money and time if the application is not successful

There is no official limit on how many 'O' visas you can get. But, it is possible that the visa officer may consider that you are trying to circumvent the financial requirements for an in-country extension.

Several posters have reported that Penang are no longer handing out multi-entry O visas, looks like that's what happened to you.

Rather than Penang try KL, they were still doing multi-o visas (as of March 2nd anyway).