Tuna

ESCAPIS

Practically, every brand I have come across in Makro, Tops Big C, extra or otherwise, and Tesco Lotus presented me with 2 choices, Tuna in Brine and Tuna in Oil.

Practically all the brands I have tried have 2 or 3 drops of oil floating in a solution of brine when I opted for the oil variety.

Is anyone aware of a brand that actually has oil, and not brine and oil, inside the can that advertise Tuna in oil?

• 3 weeks later...

anyone find albacore tuna here? I can only find the bluefin.

Don't think you're finding bluefin. That's the most expensive species of tuna. I'm guessing you mean skipjack or some other cheaper variety. I haven't found albacore but I think the Thai canned tuna compares favorably now to what you find in the usa, at least. The quality there has declined markedly in the past 15 or 20 years. Probably due to overfishing.

anyone find albacore tuna here? I can only find the bluefin.

Don't think you're finding bluefin. That's the most expensive species of tuna. I'm guessing you mean skipjack or some other cheaper variety. I haven't found albacore but I think the Thai canned tuna compares favorably now to what you find in the usa, at least. The quality there has declined markedly in the past 15 or 20 years. Probably due to overfishing.

That really makes me feel better about Thai canned Tuna. biggrin.png