THAI posts Bt8 billion loss in Q2

webfact

Stopped flying Thai years ago ,their prices are just way to high for an ordinary service.

Maybe if they would restructure their fares in line with the other regional carriers they they would see an improvement in the bottom line.
Maybe if they restructured so that hangers on didn't get such good discounts and as for accruing points on credit cards, they are ridiculously generous.
  • Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flew Thai this time last year Biz class abck to LHR, it was fine. However, the plane was old, and there is no way I'd travel econ with Thai, on a plane that doesn't even have inseat entrtainment. As a number of people have pointed out, Thai continues to loose money throught is't own arrogance, and belief that they are still a top class carrier. They were good 15-20 years ago, but airlines like SQ and the Middle East carriers have upped their game, and overtaken them. EVA are another good option. Thais still doesn't to my knowledge have Econ Plus either, which is always an attractive option for long haul flights. Quite frankly, their pricing is well over the top, and I generally now use EVA or Etihad on flights to the UK. Around the region, carriers like Cathay and SQ are still far better value. I guess, all thouse freebies to Government cronies etc, jave to be subsidised one way or another.

• Like 2

Thai used to have a decent schedule to get to the US but then some bean counter decided that they would be better off making the non stop to LA a one stop in Inchon to increase the load factor on an already 98% full route....the company line was that the non stop was not profitable......it would have been profitable if they didn't give every strap hanger an upgrade to business

Meanwhile other airlines operating in the same economic environment, purchasing more aircraft report record profits, the difference one has professional experienced management and is prepared to recruit and pay for experience from over seas, whilst Thai know best, will never accept they can learn from outsiders and appoint incompetent management based on who they know not what they know.

Add to that a very poor excuse for a long haul carrier.

http://www.emirates.com/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=1037333

Thai used to have a decent schedule to get to the US but then some bean counter decided that they would be better off making the non stop to LA a one stop in Inchon to increase the load factor on an already 98% full route....the company line was that the non stop was not profitable......it would have been profitable if they didn't give every strap hanger an upgrade to business

The decision was made in respect to cargo and seat occupancy.. That stop in Korea helps the bottom line It's the same reason why SQ's 15 stops in Incheon on its way from SFO and why DL and UA use NRT as a hub for their TPAC routings.

The decision was made in respect to cargo and seat occupancy.. That stop in Korea helps the bottom line It's the same reason why SQ's 15 stops in Incheon on its way from SFO and why DL and UA use NRT as a hub for their TPAC routings.

Any other comments about the failings of the once respected carrier, or is it that there are 99% here on TVF already know why they are not doing the business.

I for 1 wish they were on par with the best, I have fond memories of those LHR-BKK trips. Upstarts/wrong CEOs/shareholders perks/ along with all the other hangers on still thinking they are brilliant, the reason they think this is because when they fly special 1st class could well have pref/treatment ????

Snobs running a national carrier.

Like most things in Thailand, if one company does something then it must be good, the public be damned

If I am going to have to have a one stop I would prefer it to be only 2+ or 3+ hours from Bangkok, like Hong Kong or Tapei, not Japan or Korea

Like most things in Thailand, if one company does something then it must be good, the public be damned

If I am going to have to have a one stop I would prefer it to be only 2+ or 3+ hours from Bangkok, like Hong Kong or Tapei, not Japan or Korea

lol. That's your personal choice. Considering the fact that Incheon is considered one of the best airports in the world and has one of the better on time performances of airlines using it as a hub, you may wish to reconsider your reasoning. The transfer times will most likely be similar at the airports. The key difference is that HKG is subject to some lengthy delays. IT's this thing called weather. In case you didn't know, during typhoon season both HKG and TPE experience significant weather related delays. TPE is not very popular as a hub. I am quite happy using it when I fly EVA. IN the past 5 years, I have had multiple delays at HKG because of Chinese overlap air traffic tailbacks and because of weather. I have never once had a delay using Korea. In any case, you have a choice. In the case of TG, the routing meets its needs and ties in nicely with its *A partners. HKG is considered a One World hub because of the dominance of CX.

Is there something odd about TG's pricing policy and has this contributed to its financial difficulties? Compared with the usual BKK-Lon carriers TG's first class (good service but dated seats/technology) seems significantly cheaper than BA/QF and business class more expensive.I don't understand why one would travel expensively on TG business class when cheaper and better business class travel available.I don't fly economy so no comparitive knowledge.

Is there something odd about TG's pricing policy and has this contributed to its financial difficulties? Compared with the usual BKK-Lon carriers TG's first class (good service but dated seats/technology) seems significantly cheaper than BA/QF and business class more expensive.I don't understand why one would travel expensively on TG business class when cheaper and better business class travel available.I don't fly economy so no comparitive knowledge.

On the BKK - SYD run, discounting special promotions TG is the cheapest in business ( Emirates, Qantas, SQ). I guess it comes down to competition or possibly just poor management. Even so it is rare to find business full on a TG flight. When I fly business to Sydney or Brisbane, if I start a conversation with a Thai, a lot of them are visiting children studying in Oz with more than a few saying they got a free upgrade through a '' friend'' at TG. Same issue as many other have posted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app