Airport immigration queues - access to Thai queues with work permit?

I remember reading posts about holders of a PR being able to use the Thai queues at the airport.

Can holders of a valid non-immigrant visa + valid work permit + valid re-entry permit also use the immigration queues reserved for Thai passports?

Edited by manarak

No.

Unless waved over into the Thai passports queue by the staff at immigration, although tourists are often waved over as well.

Sometimes foreigners (non permanent residents) are allowed to use the Thai queue if traveling with a Thai spouse, but this depends on the mood of the officials and secondly, most Thais these days would be using the automated channels, hence this is not applicable for foreigners.

Technically it's a no - unless you have the APEC travel card, this will allow you to use that lane.

If you're travelling with a thai colleague, you might have a better shot at it.

PR's will have access to this lane due to their "permanent" resident status versus your "non-immigrant" resident status.

No.

Unless waved over into the Thai passports queue by the staff at immigration, although tourists are often waved over as well.

Sometimes foreigners (non permanent residents) are allowed to use the Thai queue if traveling with a Thai spouse, but this depends on the mood of the officials and secondly, most Thais these days would be using the automated channels, hence this is not applicable for foreigners.

Never had a problem with my wife when using the Thai line.

Believe you mean you never had a problem using the Thai line when with your wife. I also used Thai line with wife and was told to do so but have not traveled for some time. The only time it was questioned was on exit when I presented four passports with mine on top and he mentioned 'not Thai passport' and I replied with smile that 3 of the 4 are and he processed without further mention.

Believe you mean you never had a problem using the Thai line when with your wife. I also used Thai line with wife and was told to do so but have not traveled for some time. The only time it was questioned was on exit when I presented four passports with mine on top and he mentioned 'not Thai passport' and I replied with smile that 3 of the 4 are and he processed without further mention.

Always used the Thai line when travelling with the wife never had a problem, even before we were married.

Having tried/used this trick numerous times without the wife in tow and relying on flashing a Thai WP to use the Thai PP queue, and having around a 50% sucess rate...the answer is...it depends on who is manning the immigration deck and the queue...some will let you use the line others not.

Even with a wife or GF in tow if they let you use the line its a courtesy not a right

Having tried/used this trick numerous times without the wife in tow and relying on flashing a Thai WP to use the Thai PP queue, and having around a 50% sucess rate...the answer is...it depends on who is manning the immigration deck and the queue...some will let you use the line others not.

Even with a wife or GF in tow if they let you use the line its a courtesy not a right

well, if it can work 50% of times, I'll take the chance next time immigration is congested when I arrive. The Thai queues are always nearly empty.

Much like the chances of ones aircraft docking at a gate and not being subjecting a Bangkok style bus ride to the building or not,

my understanding of this is that whether you dock at the gate or get a bus is to do with the actual airline, not the airport, as the airline concerned has to pay for docking at the gate....

I always use the Thai line when with my young son , he is a Thai passport holder , and have never been sent packing back to the foreigner queue , yet .

However I have seen plenty of foriegn families with children being ushered over to the Thai line during busy times too .

Much like the chances of ones aircraft docking at a gate and not being subjecting a Bangkok style bus ride to the building or not,

my understanding of this is that whether you dock at the gate or get a bus is to do with the actual airline, not the airport, as the airline concerned has to pay for docking at the gate....

I mostly fly in on Thai airways, not the cheapest international fares, and haven't figured out how most of the flights I'm on never use a gate. On the last flight in (late July) at least the TG captain had the courtesy to explain that the aircraft had to park away from the building because of airport resurfacing work. Other times no info. Last week I did fly out using a gate and no immigration queues, but the Thai check in queue was backed up out to the escalators and building doors. Not an easy airport to plan with so I always give it an extra hour check in time over other international airports in the region unless I'm business class.

Not an easy airport to plan with so I always give it an extra hour check in time over other international airports in the region unless I'm business class.

If flying Thai and Star Alliance Gold or Royal Orchid Gold or Platinum and flying Y, you can make use of the First and Business check in counters and the priority immigration benefits that entails...

I mostly fly in on Thai airways, not the cheapest international fares, and haven't figured out how most of the flights I'm on never use a gate. On the last flight in (late July) at least the TG captain had the courtesy to explain that the aircraft had to park away from the building because of airport resurfacing work. Other times no info. Last week I did fly out using a gate and no immigration queues, but the Thai check in queue was backed up out to the escalators and building doors. Not an easy airport to plan with so I always give it an extra hour check in time over other international airports in the region unless I'm business class.

I recall that when Suvarnabhumi first opened there was a disagreement between THAI and AOT about aircraft being rotated between international and domestic flights. THAI wanted to move the aircraft as they were rotated but AOT refused. Hence so many bus transfers when either arriving or departing.