Consulates Want Plane Tickets, Are E-tickets Ok?

i can't remember what they required from me last time... An itinerary of my e-ticket should suffice, right?

I'm quite sure that the confirmation email with the booking number on it should be just fine.

That said, some consulates seem to make up their own rules as to what hoops you must jump through. Why not give them a call to be sure.

I've applied for a few visas at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles during the past 3 years, and they seemed to have no trouble with copies of e-ticket confirmation emails. After all, if the airline issues you an e-ticket, you don't really have a paper ticket to show the Consulate, right? What else can they do ..... but it does make the whole exercise of verifying the applicant's travel plans sort of pointless since those e-ticket confirmations are trivial to fake. Maybe the Consulate actually checks the ticket numbers, but I kind of doubt it. Anyway, why does someone want to apply for and pay for a visa unless he's actually planning to go? Mai kit mak .....

i can't remember what they required from me last time... An itinerary of my e-ticket should suffice, right?

I've gotten half a dozen visas from the RTC in LA, and never once showed a travel itinerary. Passport, application form, photos, and money are all they needed.

According to the RTC/LA website, they only seem to require a copy of airline tickets for non-US passport holders applying for tourist visas. I guess that's why I had to submit them ....

this is in coral gables fl for a non-imm B visa... they said they needed tickets, but i failed to ask them if an e-ticket was ok... i believe it is, but wanted to be sure... they're closed for the weekend and i'll be leaving for coral gables before they open is why i asked on here ;-)