"New" Patong Immigration Office

xylophone

Went to the new Patong Immigration Office on the beach Road yesterday in order to get a new Residence Certificate.

The hours are from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., with a one-hour break between midday and 1 p.m., open Monday to Friday, so not exactly a long hard working week! Bearing this in mind I did not know what to expect when I fronted up to the desk, behind which were sitting three officers.

I gave them the necessary documentation and explained what I wanted and all three of them seemed to understand good English, so much so that one of the officers had a joke with a Frenchman waiting there, which sent just about everyone into hysterics.

In a matter of minutes my form was completed and handed back neatly folded in an envelope, so I paid the 300 baht and departed, thanking them for their great service, which it was.

The next day I was searching for my passport and realised that I had probably left it at the Immigration Office so went back to claim it. Totally unlike me, but as I recall I was not handed it back and at the time of completion, and several other farangs came in at that time which made things just a little hectic. Anyway the passport was waiting for me and one of the younger officers showed me his telephone and said that he had tried to contact me the previous day but with no luck, which was not surprising because he had an incorrect digit in my telephone number, probably due to my poor handwriting when completing the form.

Pleasantries exchanged, lots of smiles and weis and I was on my way.

Great service, from very friendly and competent officers, and it made my day.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

can you extend tourist visa there?

yes you can extend your TR60 tourist visa at the Patong immigration office.

You can do almost everything there except the one year ( long stay ) extensions and the Education / Medical extensions. ( although i'm not sure of the education / medical )

• Like 1

What documentation required for residence certificate?

Docs required:-

-Completed Res Cert form.

-Copy of Passport main page.

-Copy of relevant/current visa/extension.

-Proof of address in Thailand (I gave a letter from "landlady" stating address).

-2 passport size photos.

I also gave copy of 90 day cert and Departure card though not sure if they were necessary?

Anyway they have a copier in the place so they will make a copy for you with no fuss (saw them do it for the French guy).

As I said, a very pleasant experience from helpful officers.

Did you get a receipt for the 300 Baht?

Of course he did not receive a receipt for the 300฿ I and many others do not mind paying this fee even though it should be free, as I have mentioned elsewhere I do not believe anyone who says they refused to pay the certificate fee!! I would like to go to immigration with anyone who intends to refuse the payment and witness this for myself!

Did you get a receipt for the 300 Baht?

No, nor did I ask for one as I was so happy to get good service and be out in a matter of minutes.

And I am inclined to agree with "dogpoo" and "merijn" because I just want to cause the least fuss in these places and not get "offside" with any of the officers, AND I had read conflicting reports on the cost (300B or nothing) so erred on the side of caution.

My GF did my last 90 day report for me.

She said a new (not seen before) immigration officer asked where I was because he wanted to get a "tip".

He seemed to want her to give one, but had no chance!

He wanted to give your GF a tip ?

I did not hear yet about requiring a tip from the Farang for the 90 day reporting before, interesting.

• 8 months later...