An amazing encounter in the forest in Koh Phangan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professional camera, no doubt. Those pics are magnificent. Tried a similar shot of a butterfly on my orchid, but with a cheapo Fuji point and shoot camera, turned out very bland, no sharp colors.

Good advertising for his company as for the photo just another shot of a snake.

If words fail you, better not say anything.If it doesn't interest you better say nothing either.

Several members here are very active in the photography forum and the images section in this forum.

All I can say to them is thank you for sharing their photos. As for advertising, have you ever heard of copyright? Obviously you haven't, so better go & do some homework on that too.

Yes word's did fail me so will add this photo.

This shot not very professional he wouldn't turn around for a head up shot.

post-25918-0-72007300-1376709545_thumb.j

Great picture Angiud, need some balls to take that! (we need a smiley for big balls!)

And around 2ms is in my opinion more than a 'small' king cobra, got scared enough myself by 1m or less specimens found in my garden. These buggers are bloody agressive when you come near them, so I really take my hat off to you. wai.gif

• Like 1

Ah ah. Maybe balls, but mostly was the will to get a good pic. If you could see most of the 20 pics i shot are blurred, shaken, not straight.

After the first pics thru the viewfinder, I just push the camera closer with my arms, without actually get closer with my head and body. Hihi.

Then when satisified, just go away, understanding I was shaking a bit for the emotion (fear?)

can you give us some technical info on your camera for the Cobra photo? Camera body, lens type and focal length, mono pod? I see it looks like a shallow depth of field so I am thinking you are at the end of your zoom and maybe shooting wide open or close to it?

can you give us some technical info on your camera for the Cobra photo? Camera body, lens type and focal length, mono pod? I see it looks like a shallow depth of field so I am thinking you are at the end of your zoom and maybe shooting wide open or close to it?

Canon 6D - Sigma Macro 150/2.8 OS iso 2000 1/320 f5.6 exposure -1.0ev fill flash (Canon 580ex ii Speedlite), distance 1/1.50 mt, Autofocus center point AI servo.

Beautiful pictures, had a similar experience earlier this month in Ao Makham . My cat came across a similar looking snake about 1m. More markings on it's throat than your pic. The cat sat in front and at a right angle to it about a foot away. Just sat there almost ignoring the snake. Fascinating. Cat chased it away after 5 mins. My pic was stot with cheap fuji camera. Don't know how to post pic here.

• Like 1

I hope you have a work permit, too, since we are not supposed to do anything else in here than spend the money earned abroad :) and taking professional pictures is a work you take from the Thais who have it reserved just for themselves :)

Fantastic shot. My guess would be you were hoping if it did strike it would be at the camera.

Or do the feint strike they often do first, when not hunting.

It's good to know your snake and its habits.

Snakes I have met in the wild, like Australian Death Adder, a large Tiger snake, a giant King Brown snake, mostly

have left alone except for the King Brown we stupidly tried to catch. Fortunately we failed.

Nice work. Beautiful focus. Very clean. .

• Like 1

Nice shot - there is a photography forum?? Looking forward to meeting my fellow photogs when in Bangkok - any suggestions?

f1.8 - unless cropped, means you were pretty close with a fixed focus. Just that alone deserved congrats!!