An amazing encounter in the forest in Koh Phangan

Enjoyed the cobra photo but the butterfly was equally good.

Guess you had more time with that one!

Some people drive dangerouly... but you photograph dangerously smile.png : a King Cobra at about 1meter my heart would have stopped xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.iUTh4LcMoY.webp are not most Cobra capable of spiting venom? Same for the elephant on one of your pictures it is a very dangerous animal if disturbed?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I can not help it but why in the hell is a blurred background considered a high quality professional photography? Is this some new standard to save the memory for those pixels by blurring them out? Strange, if you ask me smile.png

Perhaps professional photographers know more about this than you. Actually far from being a "new standard" it is a very old rule-of-thumb to blur background when the subject being photographed is the primary interest. In fact, your eyes do the same thing. Of course, there are exceptions, so that's why it's a rule-of-thumb.

Even you would probably agree if you saw this photo compared to the same photo with the background in full focus.

Also, there's the optical physics of lenses and depth-of-field, but that takes way too long to explain here.

Edited by HerbalEd

Also, I can not help it but why in the hell is a blurred background considered a high quality professional photography? Is this some new standard to save the memory for those pixels by blurring them out? Strange, if you ask me smile.png

Perhaps professional photographers know more about this than you. Actually far from being a "new standard" it is a very old rule-of-thumb to blur background when the subject being photographed is the primary interest. In fact, your eyes do the same thing. Of course, there are exceptions, so that's why it's a rule-of-thumb.

Even you would probably agree if you saw this photo compared to the same photo with the background in full focus.

Also, there's the optical physics of lenses and depth-of-field, but that takes way too long to explain here.

Not only would it take some time, it would also be a complete waste of time explaining for someone who wouldn't understand it anyway.

Ok here you go another blurry one from me.

post-25918-0-36503900-1376806734_thumb.j

Professional camera, no doubt. Those pics are magnificent. Tried a similar shot of a butterfly on my orchid, but with a cheapo Fuji point and shoot camera, turned out very bland, no sharp colors.

I've got a Fuji, too. I used to have the S6500fd and now I've got the HS50 EXR. Both cameras have a flower mode which really makes the colors come alive. Doesn't yours have the flower mode, too?

Professional camera, no doubt. Those pics are magnificent. Tried a similar shot of a butterfly on my orchid, but with a cheapo Fuji point and shoot camera, turned out very bland, no sharp colors.

You probably weren't able to fill with your flash like this guy did. If your camera reads the light through a sensor instead of through the lens, you may be able to shade the sensor and cause the flash to trigger even on bright days and add fill light, but don't shade it too much or your photo will be overexposed.

Edited by unanimosity

Thank you for the many compliments.

It was years I was trying to find a Cobra in the wild.

An amazing area of wilderness still left in KPG, I don't know for how long.

Today I'll be beck there thumbsup.gif

i hope the wilderness will be there forever

lived there on bankhai beach for 4 years and still in love with the place

can you imagine they want to make an airport there ??

fools

keep sending those pics love em

• Like 1

@falang07 its the sign of a professional camera those throwaway things don't' have that feature cos practically the same "technology" as the 1800 s pinhole camera

Fantastic shot. My guess would be you were hoping if it did strike it would be at the camera.

Or do the feint strike they often do first, when not hunting.

It's good to know your snake and its habits.

Snakes I have met in the wild, like Australian Death Adder, a large Tiger snake, a giant King Brown snake, mostly

have left alone except for the King Brown we stupidly tried to catch. Fortunately we failed.

Nice work. Beautiful focus. Very clean. .

Maggusoil - with that type of past time you'd be wasting your money buying Xmas presents for this years end. As I'm sure you know all of those are amongst the most venomous snakes in the world. Try chasing kangaroos or wallabies - much safer.

To Anguid - beautiful photos.

Great shots like always Antonio. I like to take pictures and did shots at some snakes too, but I think with a king cobra at 1mt in the wild I wouldn't stand still there, if not with a 400mm smile.png

For the 'advertise speculators' I feel to add that Antonio's work is not into photography.

Keep shooting (& posting)

Ciao Max

Edited by maxtingtong
  • Like 2

Coolest photo ever...

Good advertising for his company as for the photo just another shot of a snake.

Good advertising for your ignorance. Professional photographers watermark their photos. The OP didn't offer photography services, he told a story and shared photos.

As for your comment, yet another typical, ignorant, cynical TV veteran adding zero to the conversation.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the cobra photo but the butterfly was equally good.

Guess you had more time with that one!

Some people drive dangerouly... but you photograph dangerously smile.png : a King Cobra at about 1meter my heart would have stopped xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.iUTh4LcMoY.webp are not most Cobra capable of spiting venom? Same for the elephant on one of your pictures it is a very dangerous animal if disturbed?

I like snakes but i'll leave cobras to fellows like this.

• Like 1

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

"Stay Calm and Shoot on Automatic".

• Like 1