PM visits Army and Air Force, denies Yuthasak's resignation

Lite Beer

PM visits Army and Air Force, denies Yuthasak's resignation

BANGKOK, 17 August 2013 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has paid a visit to the Royal Thai Army and the Royal Thai Air Force, while denying the rumor that claims Deputy Defense Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa will tender his resignation.

The Prime Minister visited the Royal Thai Army Headquarters on Ratchadamnoen Road where she was welcomed by Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha and other high-ranking soldiers. During her visit, Miss Yingluck watched soldiers perform a rescue operation and demonstrations of modern armaments. After the performance, the Prime Minister praised the army of its strong potential, while placing her emphasis on the army’s priority to protect the nation.

Later on, Miss Yingluck proceeded to the Royal Thai Air Force where she was given a warm welcome by Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Air Force. The Prime Minister has assured ACM Prajin of the government’s intentions to support the Thai Air Force to carry on its operation to ease impacts of natural disasters for the people, while calling for more cooperation between the government and the Air Force.

As for rumor of Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa resigning his post of Deputy Defense Minister, Miss Yingluck said he has no plan to do so, adding that she has no idea where the rumor came from, nor has she been confirmed by the deputy defense minister himself.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-17 footer_n.gif

I wonder if there was any conversation with Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha and other high-ranking soldiers about some of their colleagues shooting innocent people in 2010?

Is Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa the one who used to be Defence Minister a while back and was brought in when the overworked PM decided to be Defence Minister as well as PM so he could be a link between her and the military? I've not heard about this rumour but it would seem strange if it's true. Does the rumour include any reason for him wanting to resign?

He should have fallen on his sword weeks ago to apologise to his lordship for revealing the dastardly plan to come back a free man, but that was too near the last reshuffle.

I wonder which will happen first, Yuttasak's resignation or Man U's first loss of the season? My husband says the latter.

• Like 1

Are you all seriously trying to destroy, your host county? Most of your comments are totally bizarre and nobody with a brain is even listening to you! Thailand has always been corrupt and possibly always will be but, you whingers and haters just upset every normal persons day! You have no way in a million years of changing anything so, why not get a life, or just keep getting drunk on Beer Chiang, hating your bar girl, and allow "normal" people to enjoy their lives here in Thailand!

• Like 1

Are you all seriously trying to destroy, your host county? Most of your comments are totally bizarre and nobody with a brain is even listening to you! Thailand has always been corrupt and possibly always will be but, you whingers and haters just upset every normal persons day! You have no way in a million years of changing anything so, why not get a life, or just keep getting drunk on Beer Chiang, hating your bar girl, and allow "normal" people to enjoy their lives here in Thailand!

A normal person wouldn't bother reading posts that they don't find amusing, as in this case.

Be careful judging yourself as "normal" - seek help smile.png ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nobody with a brain........... think about your post. Get well soon!

Edited by Baerboxer

You sound like a whinger and hater. Missed you coffee this morning?

On a serious note, why do you chastise others on a forum, that you admit is not important, in the same way you accuse them of chastising your beloved Thailand? Hypocrisy much? Can't you be positive in your criticism? You know, lead by example?

• Like 1

Having read many of your posts there is nothing 'normal' about you apart from having a very normal name...Brian.

• Like 2

"Thailand has always been corrupt...." My Gad, sir, are you mad? What an astonishing thing to say! I would like to stress to everybody reading this thread (and I do mean everybody) how much I dislike this foul libel. Extraordinary! Quite untrue, of course. If anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) reading this post should think for one moment that I might applaud or 'like' or agree with the above, then please note that I don't. Passport & visa numbers available on request. Thank you.

I believe the expression goes

"If you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen."

Maybe you are the only one having problems with these discussions. I find them very amusing and informative. Maybe you should find something else to occupy your time if it bothers you so much.

• Like 1

You are 100% correct, Brian. I mean about nobody with a brain listening to us. But you must have been, because you commented on us whingers and haters making bizarre comments. clap2.gif

GentlemanJim's comment #9 was spot on, wish I had written that. Pity the red lovers don't have enough smarts to understand what he was saying.

Are you all seriously trying to destroy, your host own country?

That question directed at any member of the present malad ministration might have been more to the point.

Many of the comments and policies emanating from Parliament these days are totally bizarre.

Nobody with a brain would be making such statements such as we hear on a daily basis.

Granted, all expats who enjoy the friendly ( and sometimes not so) banter on this forum know that their voice is mute, but still enjoy the circus.

You spoil your rant by referring to us as drunken misogynists.

Try and get off your high horse and give it a drink of water.wai.gif

I loved the bit about the Army giving a demonstration of modern armaments. What happened to the 30 year old Swiss tanks? Has the Army any equipment that wasn't pensioned off by the armies of other countries?

It is noteworthy that the Air Force didn't give any demonstrations. In the absence from my view of any aircraft crashes lately I assume they've bent all the stuff they had by now.

• Like 1