Pheu Thai Warns Of Legal Action Over Anti-Yingluck Remarks

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai Warns Of Legal Action Over Anti-Yingluck Remarks

13768088851376808933l.jpg

Mr. Prompong Nopparit

BANGKOK: -- The spokesman of the Pheu Thai Party threatens legal action over people on social network who spread ′untrue′ criticism against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Mr. Prompong Nopparit said the accusation made by some people that the Thai government is unconcerned over fates of Thai nationals caught up in Egypt unrest is totally untrue. "Ms. Yingluck is in fact very concerned about the matter," he said.

The allegation badly damages the reputation of the government and the ′image′ of Thailand, according to Mr. Prompong. He warns that he might file a legal complaint over these comments by invoking the Computer Crimes Act of 2007, which criminalises online libels.

Recently, the Division of Special Investigation (DSI) has also launched an investigation over the deputy spokeswoman of the Democrat Party for her online post in which she joked that Ms. Yingluck is a ′slut′.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05qZ3dPRGc0TlE9PQ==

--KHAOSOD English 2013-08-18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PTP scum don't seem to understand that Yingluck isn't royalty and can be criticized, especially since she's a bimbo who doesn't do anything except Skype with her brother. It sickens me to think eventually, the Shinawatra lackeys are going to clamp down on all free speech. TV posters beware. We're next.

But But Tarit said she is head of State?

She will be if Doctor Police Colonel Fugitivee Convicted Criminal PM in exile Thaksin get's his way.

• Like 1

It's getting worse each day with these types of anti-democracy rantings from PTP. i'm starting to miss Chalerms weekly press conferences.

Yes, it's getting worse but not only in this country. It's happening in western countries as well.

• Like 2

Does this mean the sponsors of the proposed, 'Yinluck Roast' should not go public with the event?

Most critcisim is based on the opinion of those being critial, thus there is no untrue criticism. For those others who would sprinkle their comments with rumor, little lies, white lies, bald face lies, ignorance, inunedo, etc, they may be following the example set by this government.

The individuals this spokesman is referring to have no more obligation to tell the "whole truth" than the present government. Nor should they be penalized for expressing a critical opinion of some assine remark/action of any individual, much less any person holding a position, which is alloted a salary, funded, etc by taxpayers, which we all are.

Does this mean the sponsors of the proposed, 'Yinluck Roast' should not go public with the event?

Most critcisim is based on the opinion of those being critial, thus there is no untrue criticism. For those others who would sprinkle their comments with rumor, little lies, white lies, bald face lies, ignorance, inunedo, etc, they may be following the example set by this government.

The individuals this spokesman is referring to have no more obligation to tell the "whole truth" than the present government. Nor should they be penalized for expressing a critical opinion of some assine remark/action of any individual, much less any person holding a position, which is alloted a salary, funded, etc by taxpayers, which we all are.

I would love to see Don Rickles roast Yingluck. I can hear his first words "hello dummy". Followed by "I haven't had dinner you got some rotten rice"

Edited by Pimay1

The noose is tightening everyday on freedom of speech.

The following is a Statement of Her Excellency Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand for The Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand 2013 Annual Correspondents' Dinner with the Prime Minister “An Evening with the Prime Minister” at Grand Ballroom, InterContinental Bangkok

"And in a democracy, ensuring freedom of speech is very important. Therefore, engaging with all of the international press here in Bangkok tonight is a key part of this process".

bth_250px-Knot-hangmans-noose.jpg

There is freedom of speech and then there are lies. The OP states

"Mr. Prompong Nopparit said the accusation made by some people that the Thai government is unconcerned over fates of Thai nationals caught up in Egypt unrest is totally untrue. "Ms. Yingluck is in fact very concerned about the matter," he said."

In reality, the PM ordered the Foreign Ministry to evacuate the all Thai citizens in Egypt as quickly as possible. About 900 Thais have requested evacuation. The first batch will arrive in UAE by an Air Egypt plane chartered by the government and then flown by Thai Air back to Thailand. What more does she have to do.

And as for spreading rumours about a coup, that is just ####ing stupid - though it didn't stop a few idiots on here. And then we have the non story about censoring the internet that the Nation is milking for all its worth.

I wonder what next is being lined up to be fed to the papers

• Like 1

The following is a Statement of Her Excellency Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand for The Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand 2013 Annual Correspondents' Dinner with the Prime Minister “An Evening with the Prime Minister” at Grand Ballroom, InterContinental Bangkok

"And in a democracy, ensuring freedom of speech is very important. Therefore, engaging with all of the international press here in Bangkok tonight is a key part of this process".

"Mr. Prompong Nopparit said the accusation made by some people that the Thai government is unconcerned over fates of Thai nationals caught up in Egypt unrest is totally untrue. "Ms. Yingluck is in fact very concerned about the matter," he said."

In reality, the PM ordered the Foreign Ministry to evacuate the all Thai citizens in Egypt as quickly as possible. About 900 Thais have requested evacuation. The first batch will arrive in UAE by an Air Egypt plane chartered by the government and then flown by Thai Air back to Thailand. What more does she have to do.

And as for spreading rumours about a coup, that is just ####ing stupid - though it didn't stop a few idiots on here. And then we have the non story about censoring the internet that the Nation is milking for all its worth.

Freedom of speech:

the right to express facts and opinions subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to protect itself from a clear and present danger)

Freedom of speech:

the right to express facts and opinions subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to protect itself from a clear and present danger)

Thanks for the definition. Do you construe a lie as fact? Or is that covered by "reasonable limitations"

Freedom of speech:

Thanks for the definition. Do you construe a lie as fact? Or is that covered by "reasonable limitations"

You're welcome. No I do not consider a lie as fact. But the result of this statement was not a clear and present danger to the government in my opinion.

Freedom of speech:

You're welcome. No I do not consider a lie as fact. But the result of this statement was not a clear and present danger to the government in my opinion.

Was it a lie? Yes and it was damaging to Thailand in the opinion of the person who matters - and that, thankfully, is not you.

Quotes got me again.

Was it a lie? Yes and it was damaging to Thailand in the opinion of the person who matters - and that, thankfully, is not you.

I matter to my little dog Rambo. That's enough for me.

• Like 2