Thai govt given 30 more days to explain refusal to seize ex-PM Thaksin's passport

webfact

Govt given 30 more days to explain refusal to seize ex-PM Thaksin's passport
By English News

13768760128487.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 19 – Thailand's Office of the Ombudsman has approved the government’s request to extend the deadline for delivering its explanation about the Foreign Ministry’s failure to seize the passport of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Mr Thaksin’s younger sister, has submitted a letter to the Ombudsman asking for 30 more days to give the government’s clarification on the matter.

Raksagecha Chaechai, the Ombudsman's deputy secretary general, said the prime minister explained that the case was formerly under the supervision of Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana who was in charge of the Foreign Ministry.

Mr Phongthep is no longer responsible for the Foreign Ministry and the authority has shifted to Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, said Ms Yingluck in her letter to the Ombudsman.

He said the government was empowered to seek an extension of the deadline.

Mr Thaksin was sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for abusing his authority in the purchase of a plot of land on Ratchadapisek Road by his then wife, Khunying Pojaman Na Pombejra. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-19

• Like 1

Worgeordie

Everybody knows the answer,just nobody wants to say it, in the hope

that it goes away ? and was it an ordinary Thai passport or a Diplomatic

one ?

I saw that on her recent trip to Africa the PM signed agreements with the countries she visited giving reciprocal special privileges to diplomatic passport holders from Thailand and those two countries.

An indication perhaps Worgeordie?

• Like 2

Mr Phongthep is no longer responsible for the Foreign Ministry and the authority has shifted to Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, said Ms Yingluck in her letter to the Ombudsman.

Surapong is the one that approved it. Just more BS from the Clone. Can she jut say "I or any member of the PTP will never respond so quit fricken asking.

30172023-01_big.jpg

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra has already been issued with his new Thai passport, Foreign Ministry's spokesman Thani Thongpakdi said Friday.

The Foreign Ministry issued the passport for Thaksin on October 26 and sent it to him in Abu Dhai, UAE, via diplomatic pouch on the same day, he said.

Earlier Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said his ministry had repealed the passport ban on Thaksin, which was issued by former foreign minister Kasit Piromya.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/519541-thailand-gives-ex-pm-thaksin-passport-back-govt/

Shows his status as the passport went to Dubai by diplomatic pouch despite being an ordinary citizen and wanted fugitive.

I think he has at least 2 others anyway.

• Like 2

It would have been difficult for him to leave the country without a passport therefore it was not seized.

But thats not the answer he is going to get and he knows it so what's the point of asking it in the first place.

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Mr Thaksin’s younger sister, has submitted a letter to the Ombudsman asking for 30 more days to give the government’s clarification on the matter.

What a crap, even from the Ombudsman to accept this.

This case is going on and only 1 side is laughing their pants off.

• Like 2

Worgeordie

one ?

I saw that on her recent trip to Africa the PM signed agreements with the countries she visited giving reciprocal special privileges to diplomatic passport holders from Thailand and those two countries.

More untruths - The Thai Africa Initiative makes no mention of "special privileges to diplomatic passport holders from Thailand and those two countries"

Try this if you want to know what it entails (I know you don't want to, you just wanted to slap out more mistruths in the hope that somebody else will pick up on it and repeat as gospel, but humour me, eh?)

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6873&a=2

Worgeordie

one ?

More untruths - The Thai Africa Initiative makes no mention of "special privileges to diplomatic passport holders from Thailand and those two countries"

Try this if you want to know what it entails (I know you don't want to, you just wanted to slap out more mistruths in the hope that somebody else will pick up on it and repeat as gospel, but humour me, eh?)

Nice one Jabek. The link you kindly provided for our perusal has some pure comic gold within.

Quote "Thailand is ready to share its knowledge on sustainable agriculture"

By "sustainable agriculture" I believe they refer to their knowledge on how to totally scuttle the international and domestic trade in Thai rice which took many decades to build a reputation for quality, and only a few seconds to destroy(but I'll concede it won them an election). It will be a hard sell to the Africans who have more direct ways of winning elections.

Your article also tells us that Thailand is ready to prevent piracy in the East African seas. Hmm good luck with that.

But seriously this African trade agreement is simply a way to get blood diamonds and other illegal and expensive gemstones, as well as huge amounts of dirty money owned by the democratic African leaders over here to be laundered. If you doubt me, try researching the curious case of Nalinee T's rapid rise through the PTP ranks.

All IMHO as always.

• Like 2

Worgeordie

one ?

Nice one Jabek. The link you kindly provided for our perusal has some pure comic gold within.

Quote "Thailand is ready to share its knowledge on sustainable agriculture"

By "sustainable agriculture" I believe they refer to their knowledge on how to totally scuttle the international and domestic trade in Thai rice which took many decades to build a reputation for quality, and only a few seconds to destroy(but I'll concede it won them an election). It will be a hard sell to the Africans who have more direct ways of winning elections.

Your article also tells us that Thailand is ready to prevent piracy in the East African seas. Hmm good luck with that.

But seriously this African trade agreement is simply a way to get blood diamonds and other illegal and expensive gemstones, as well as huge amounts of dirty money owned by the democratic African leaders over here to be laundered. If you doubt me, try researching the curious case of Nalinee T's rapid rise through the PTP ranks.

All IMHO as always.

Any comments on providing special diplomatic passports as stated by robbynz or are you on temporary deflecting from the main point of the argument duty? Didn't think so.

Shinawatra's are probably hoping amnesty will be implemented in the next 30 days, so seizing (or retroactively not having seized) the passport will be a moot point when Thaksin is granted amnesty and escapes his conviction and numerous other charges.

I think you are correct, the more delays - then eventually once all their crimes have been whitewashed, the whole thing is moot anyway.