Not Happy......

theblether

Can't agree more about the road rash comments and the fact that it's vital to have it professionally cleaned ... no, not that profession!

Seriously, if all the material is not scrubbed out ... and that's painful, then not if, but when the wounds get infected ... you will be in a new world of pain.

When the wounds start to heal ... it's sort of like they shrink and any elasticity of the skin is gone and it's pain time #2

Seriously ... get the advise from your doctor mate and I hope your tetanus up to date?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup and yup re tetanus.....the doctor has just left. Housekeeping came and restored order to my room, was like a scene from a slasher movie.

I've just heard that the road is in intensive care, it came off second best against a bouncing blether. sad.png

Yup and yup re tetanus.....the doctor has just left. Housekeeping came and restored order to my room, was like a scene from a slasher movie.

I've just heard that the road is in intensive care, it came off second best against a bouncing blether. sad.png

Just hope it doesn't send you the bill.smile.png

• Like 1

re

I'm trying to workout if that picture is censored or not.

it was ... by me !

i dont post faces of my err ummm errr

ex short time friends smile.png

they were good to me so i dont plaster

their pics on the internet !

their faces stay with me !

dave2

Are there consequences if they get the pose wrong?

I just hope that your good fortune does not encourage more fuc_kwits to ride motorbikes wearing flip-flops and shorts. When I'm driving, I ignore any motorcyclists so dressed. Unless their safety deserves their own attention, it does not deserve mine,

SC

EDIT: Best wishes for a speedy recovery by the way. Anyone else up for a trip to Ibrox for the Commonwealth Sevens?

Edited by StreetCowboy

oughta teach you about safe driving, let alone of looking ahead of yours when riding a bike in Thailand. The omnipotent theblether did not fall off a bike, something with the road or the traffic made him do so. Your self conscience must be on a 200% level. It would be welcomed by the sheer mass of TV users if you'd admit at least a 25% guilt in that incident that caused your rashes. Me thinks your story is just a story. You can bend the truth in many ways, but you will always end up with yourself being at stake. If you doubt it - if you haven't come to Thailand, it would have never happened !

Hope you are feeling better -- remember:

Momentum = Mass x Velocity

Thanks very much sir, I'm room bound at the moment and I've woken this morning with that tightening feeling that was predicted by other members. All part of the healing process. wai.gif

You're welcome -- my only serious motorbike accident was when some kid tried to pass me on the right as I waited with turn signal on for the passing traffic to clear and then started to make a right-hand turn into a small soi. I had no idea what happened just that there was an explosion as the kid T-boned me and my right foot took months to recover having been almost smashed..

So I tell people that riding a bike in Thailand is like whack-a-mole: They can and do come from anywhere ... or that in Thailand they drive on the left side of the road; unless they feel like driving on the right.

So God willing and the creek don't rise, things should get be getting better soon.

• Like 1

60/70kms per hour is too fast for a motorbike when it's busy on the road.

It's fine for a motorbike if you're riding the bike like it's a motorbike, and dressed accordingly, and paying attention accordingly. It's too fast for a scooter, though.

SC

• Like 1

You would have had plenty of Thais around you had you bounced on one of them. Consider yourself lucky. wink.png

That would have been a sight to behold biggrin.png

I agree it was too fast for the scooter, a motorbike would most likely have handled the ramp. Lesson learned wai.gif

Have a painless recovery mate, some of those over the counter meds here will do the job.xmellow.png.pagespeed.ic.vv3GCG8Loc.webp

Does that mean your laid up for a couple of weeks an invalid on the road to recuperation with nothing but the internet, Thai television and mercedes girl to entertain you?coffee1.gif

I look forward to your posts on account of a broken ankle this week.violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

CCC

You would have had plenty of Thais around you had you bounced on one of them. Consider yourself lucky. wink.png

I agree it was too fast for the scooter, a motorbike would most likely have handled the ramp. Lesson learned wai.gif

just guessing here but this ramp does it look anything like this

speedbump.jpg

Have a painless recovery mate, some of those over the counter meds here will do the job.xmellow.png.pagespeed.ic.vv3GCG8Loc.webp

Does that mean your laid up for a couple of weeks an invalid on the road to recuperation with nothing but the internet, Thai television and mercedes girl to entertain you?coffee1.gif

I look forward to your posts on account of a broken ankle this week.violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

CCC

Mercedes Girl was here last night, drinking wine and taking some amusement from my obvious discomfort. She thought the fact I was sticking to the sheets was hysterical annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif Then she wanted to change the dressings on my wounds but I wasn't going to give her that pleasure coffee1.gif

Sorry to hear you have a broken ankle yourself, that's a sore one.

My sister is coming for a weeks holiday with her family next week, hopefully I'll be fit for that. Mercedes Girl took me to a meditation temple two weeks ago, and to another one last Saturday to have a look. The second one is stricter than the first and it's my intention to enter in on September 6th or thereabouts. If I go in and I'll be in for about 6 weeks. 6 weeks of silence, that'll be a challenge for me

On the bright side that will give you all a rest on Thaivisa biggrin.png

• Like 1

CCC

Mercedes Girl was here last night, drinking wine and taking some amusement from my obvious discomfort. She thought the fact I was sticking to the sheets was hysterical annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif Then she wanted to change the dressings on my wounds but I wasn't going to give her that pleasure coffee1.gif

My sister is coming for a weeks holiday with her family next week, hopefully I'll be fit for that. Mercedes Girl took me to a meditation temple two weeks ago, and to another one last Saturday to have a look. The second one is stricter than the first and it's my intention to enter in on September 6th or thereabouts. If I go in and I'll be in for about 6 weeks. 6 weeks of silence, that'll be a challenge for me

6 weeks vow of silence!!

Can i start a book on that now?

Blether 1 week silence 100-1

" 2 week silence 200-1

" 6 week silence 500-1

Place your bets

BtW if the bet's look like paying out there is always the secret weapon, that is Jingthing!!!

CCC

speedbump.jpg

@jointedNose, it wasn't as defined as that, it was shoddy finishing of the concrete, probably only about an inch of a dip and then proud two inches. We see that all the time here.

I was driving back from Muang Na and the weather was shocking, it's a flash flood area so there were rivers pouring across the road, mud and branches at the most inconvenient places. Mud scares me on these roads.

When I got on the main road back to CM at Chiang Dao the road there was unfinished and on two levels. I knew about that but scary stuff if you come across it unexpectedly. Between CD and Mae Taen the road is extremely windy in areas, and prone to pot holing, again I was aware of that and kept my eye open.

My pal put it best when he said that for all the roads we had traveled, I came off my bike on the best one. A fault caught me out and that's it. When I saw it it was too late. I don't remember the bike going down, it was too fast. I don't remember hitting the deck, again too fast, but I do remember spinning along the ground, that was surreal. There wasn't any of the "my life flashing before my eyes stuff", it was just a couple of seconds of being totally out of control and aware of it.

A strange, strange sensation. The good news is I had bought a half decent helmet last month and it did it's job. I've got a very minor scrape on my chin so my head did hit the deck but the helmet saved me, not a single bit of damage to my head.

So I suppose even if you are going to be as stupid as me and ride in flip flops, please do wear a helmet.

That was worth every penny

CCC

6 weeks vow of silence!!

Can i start a book on that now?

Blether 1 week silence 100-1

" 2 week silence 200-1

" 6 week silence 500-1

Place your bets

BtW if the bet's look like paying out there is always the secret weapon, that is Jingthing!!!

CCC

Talking of which he's not made an appearance on this thread.

Someone should search his room and see if there's a voodoo blether with pins in it. Wouldn't put it past him. laugh.png

I need to emerge from the Temple for a couple of days at the end of September to do processing work for my company, but I'll be straight back in again. This place has a regime, 3.45 wake up, 4.00am meditation 2 hours, 8.00, 1.00 and 6.00 all two hours. Silent meditation.

Seriously it will be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

• Like 1

speedbump.jpg

@jointedNose, it wasn't as defined as that, it was shoddy finishing of the concrete, probably only about an inch of a dip and then proud two inches. We see that all the time here.

I was driving back from Muang Na and the weather was shocking, it's a flash flood area so there were rivers pouring across the road, mud and branches at the most inconvenient places. Mud scares me on these roads.

When I got on the main road back to CM at Chiang Dao the road there was unfinished and on two levels. I knew about that but scary stuff if you come across it unexpectedly. Between CD and Mae Taen the road is extremely windy in areas, and prone to pot holing, again I was aware of that and kept my eye open.

My pal put it best when he said that for all the roads we had traveled, I came off my bike on the best one. A fault caught me out and that's it. When I saw it it was too late. I don't remember the bike going down, it was too fast. I don't remember hitting the deck, again too fast, but I do remember spinning along the ground, that was surreal. There wasn't any of the "my life flashing before my eyes stuff", it was just a couple of seconds of being totally out of control and aware of it.

A strange, strange sensation. The good news is I had bought a half decent helmet last month and it did it's job. I've got a very minor scrape on my chin so my head did hit the deck but the helmet saved me, not a single bit of damage to my head.

So I suppose even if you are going to be as stupid as me and ride in flip flops, please do wear a helmet.

That was worth every penny

Well it may have been worth every penny but it is worth squat now........buy a new one. they are good for one time like many thing here.(or elsewhere)

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Being laid up may not be such a bad thing, tb. When not being intimidated by interfered with by administered to by she of the german transportation, you might spend some time expanding your repertoire....

So, purely in the best possible taste, could I suggest the following>>>>

http://youtu.be/6GRuzaMwvrA

whistling.gif

Showing your age there sir biggrin.png I wouldn't mind seeing a youtube clip of me bouncing the road. I wonder if one of the non assist Thais had a dash cam? maybe I'm famous on Pantip or something already. "PomPui Farang Bouncing Like Beach Ball".

I'll find out soon enough when I go back on the streets. If I'm mobbed by screaming ladies looking for my autograph I'll know I've got it made. Now there's a little fantasy to sustain me through next few days........hmmmm coffee1.gif

• Like 1

TB, did you make a comedy cartoon boing noise. If not it wouldn't be classed as funny, hence no fame for you, unless you pulled a few Mr Bean faces of course

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

TB, did you make a comedy cartoon boing noise. If not it wouldn't be classed as funny, hence no fame for you, unless you pulled a few Mr Bean faces of course

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Truthfully I donno, my pal is highly amused though. He says he'll never forget the sight of me rolling down the road at 80kph. It was a weird feeling. Mentioned before I don't remember the bike going from under me, or hitting the deck but I do remember rolling.

My big concern now is avoiding infection as advised, I've just dressed my wounds again and I'll be staying in for at least another two days.

My big concern now is avoiding infection as advised, I've just dressed my wounds again and I'll be staying in for at least another two days.

Apply sufficient alcohol(disinfectant) on the wound before dressing.. Always worked for me.

Take care.

Yup I swamped the wounds with alcohol, I was thinking about getting a basin and filling it so that I could effectively wash my feet in alcohol. Worth it to avoid infection.

And heres me thinking it should me taken internally

Have to have another look at me first aid book.

But seriously Blether, read recently that 74% of the road deaths in TL last year involved motorbikes or other 2 and 3 wheel v-hicls.

Take extra care on these things.

• Like 1