Not Happy......

theblether

I was on my way back from Chiang Dao area, haven driven all told about 80 kms from Muang Na in the rain. Arrived at Mae Rim and I was worried about the traffic.

I pulled into the cycle lane, doing about 60/70kms per hour, hit a ramp in the road, and me and the bike went rolling down the lane.

Not a singular Thai stopped to help me. By good fortune my pal was coming behind me and he got me up and on the way home. The bike is bashed a bit, I'm scraped from elbow to toe, and nothing broken. I can't believe it.

The Doctor at my hotel is in attendance and I'll live. I still can't believe not a singular Thai stopped.

Poor form.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the language barrier was too much ... don't know.

Those gravel rashes are a real pain to get cleaned and stay septic.

I remember years ago, when I first came here, was propping up a Nana Bar Stool.

Young girl staggered onto Soi 4 ... clearly in distress.

I didn't know how to assist.

A few thais came.

They were trying to put her in a taxi to go to hospital.

I tried to assist with some money (pay for the cab fare) and got sneered at by the Thai.

I was slow to help again.

Mate, for your situation, I feel for you ... though I would not take it personally.

Speedy recovery ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

On the bright side, Doctor Smith was in my room within 10 minues, that's him just left after dressing my wounds. He's now sent his staff out to get dinner for me so that I can take the medication he brought from the pharmacy.

That is stunning service from a hotelier.

• Like 1

You did not have a sweet female friend to help you clean the wounds ?

She's been on the phone already giving me grief, I could do without it.

@Pomchop luckily my pal was behind me......he saw the whole thing.......he was shocked as it was a serious looking spill. However being Australian as he is, by the time we got back to the hotel he described it as like watching a beach ball bounce down the road.

I've decided I don't like him. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

• Like 2

On the bright side, Doctor Smith was in my room within 10 minues, that's him just left after dressing my wounds. He's now sent his staff out to get dinner for me so that I can take the medication he brought from the pharmacy.

That is stunning service from a hotelier.

Don't take it personally mate - many Thais are scared of repercussions in helping someone in an accident, especially someone twice their size! Speedy recovery!

Maybe thought you were drunk, not knowing you of course.smile.png

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

Shame no one stopped to help you.

Friend of mine, Canadian, was knocked off her scooter a while ago by a hit and run. A few locals helped get her to hospital where her gravel rash was treated and got her scooter back to her friends so there are good Samaritans out there.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Do I notice the rose colored glasses coming off a bit as of lately ?

No you haven't, I call it as I experience it, and unlike others I appear to have an unusual amount of good experiences in Thailand.

Today I wasn't happy with what I experienced so I brought it up. .

Now if you had been dressed appropriately for riding a m/c you would have been unscathed. Like those moto gp guys, I've seen them walk away after sliding on their <deleted> for hundreds of yards at 100 + mph. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm feeling cold now, staring to shiver, I think that's a shock symptom. What a day.

You'll start to feel the bruises tomorrow. They'll hurt more than your pride. Happened to me a couple of months ago - minor incident, black cat, dark section of road, few scrapes was all. Until the next day when the ribs started to hurt. couldn't cough, couldn't laugh - became a curmudgeon.

• Like 1

You did not have a sweet female friend to help you clean the wounds ?

She's been on the phone already giving me grief, I could do without it.

@Pomchop luckily my pal was behind me......he saw the whole thing.......he was shocked as it was a serious looking spill. However being Australian as he is, by the time we got back to the hotel he described it as like watching a beach ball bounce down the road.

I've decided I don't like him. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

Your mate was behind you and saw everything. He stopped to help you (presumably within a few seconds?). So, why would anyone else need to stop and help?

Maybe, if your mate had not been on the scene so quickly, others would have stopped to help.

In my experience there is never any shortage of people stopping at the scene of an accident - whether to help or just gawp.

• Like 1

tripped over forward on some wire in the street a while back while i was walking with my trolley luggage.

two thais were pulling on my arms to get me on my feet even before i had realized what had happened,

must be you mate. unknown thais in public, have always been there to help without asking from me on the rare occasions when needed.

Edited by that geeza

Like how many times have I read here on TV the advice that if you come across a road accident here in Thailand don't what ever you do stop to offer help?!

This forum is stuffed ful of Farangs who believe they are being hunted by Thais.

Perhaps the OP has learned its a two way street.

re

I'm trying to workout if that picture is censored or not.

it was ... by me !

i dont post faces of my err ummm errr

ex short time friends smile.png

they were good to me so i dont plaster

their pics on the internet !

their faces stay with me !

dave2

post-42592-0-81257600-1376935658_thumb.j