Hotel provided by airline.

yermanee

Hi there,

I'm facing a long layover on my next trip and I'm trying to get a free hotel room (I fly business class)

There's a technical term that airlines use for this kind of happening but I forgot what it is exactly. (memory playing tricks).

Can someone please remind me what it is ?

Thanks beforehand

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee, I am sorry I do not know the technical name but do know that the allocation of rooms for layovers varies by airline. Also I think that those that do give rooms say the stopover has to be in excess of something like 8 hours. may I ask who you will be flying with?

Yermanee, I am sorry I do not know the technical name but do know that the allocation of rooms for layovers varies by airline. Also I think that those that do give rooms say the stopover has to be in excess of something like 8 hours. may I ask who you will be flying with?

Hi RabC,

I'm flying Oman Air, my favorite airline (until now).

They changed their schedule Muscat/Bangkok so that only an impossible 35 minutes connection or the next flight remains. and according to Oman office in Bangkok ( very friendly and perfect English) I will get a hotel because that next flight is 10:45 Hrs later.

Unfortunately they cannot yet confirm this because as she claimed further schedule changes might address this situation.

So I want to send a complaint to the headoffice because I'm less than happy with this situation especially since I'm now in my 3rd year as gold member and have had nothing but praise for them in the past.

In this complaint I want to show that I'm knowledgeable thus my question.

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

STPC: Stopover Paid by Carrier.

Varies widely by carrier, transit point, CoS, stopover duration. Sometimes you may have to formally request a STPC. Sometimes the hotels can be a bit dodgy. YMMV.

That's it, thanks for that clap2.gif

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

Hi RabC,

They changed their schedule Muscat/Bangkok so that only an impossible 35 minutes connection or the next flight remains. and according to Oman office in Bangkok ( very friendly and perfect English)

I will get a hotel because that next flight is 10:45 Hrs later.

Unfortunately they cannot yet confirm this because as she claimed further schedule changes might address this situation.

So I want to send a complaint to the headoffice because I'm less than happy with this situation especially since I'm now in my 3rd year as gold member and have had nothing but praise for them in the past.

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

I understand now and can see your upset at the schedule change.. There is a Hotel very near to Seeb Airport, many many years ago it was a Novotel, no idea who runs it now, its convenient but not as good as a quick connection.

• Like 1

When are you flying?

Complaining before the fact seems, well, unusual, but certainly proactive. ;)

I see no reason to assume they won't provide accommodation in the event that your current schedule "sticks".

Do you have some reason to believe that without a confirmation today you will somehow be denied accommodation?

Hi RabC,

They changed their schedule Muscat/Bangkok so that only an impossible 35 minutes connection or the next flight remains. and according to Oman office in Bangkok ( very friendly and perfect English)

I will get a hotel because that next flight is 10:45 Hrs later.

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

I understand now and can see your upset at the schedule change.. There is a Hotel very near to Seeb Airport, many many years ago it was a Novotel, no idea who runs it now, its convenient but not as good as a quick connection.

That's now the Golden Tulip Hotel with a bit of mixed reviews.

Now if it were "The Chedi " or "Shangri-La" I would not complain tongue.png

Cheers

Yermanee wink.png

When are you flying?

Complaining before the fact seems, well, unusual, but certainly proactive. wink.png

I see no reason to assume they won't provide accommodation in the event that your current schedule "sticks".

Do you have some reason to believe that without a confirmation today you will somehow be denied accommodation?

Well I'm a strong believer in being well prepaired and I hate it when my carefully planned itinerary is altered without me having any control over it.

Also I do not like having to be wary whilst I travel over which hotel I'm going to be sleeping in if any at all.

If I cannot be sure that I'll get a decent hotel room, then I'd rather stay in the lounge which provides a quit room with comfortable sleeping chairs and ample food and drink.

Thanks again

Yermanee wai.gif

When are you flying?

Complaining before the fact seems, well, unusual, but certainly proactive. wink.png

Well I'm a strong believer in being well prepaired and I hate it when my carefully planned itinerary is altered without me having any control over it.

Also I do not like having to be wary whilst I travel over which hotel I'm going to be sleeping in if any at all.

If I cannot be sure that I'll get a decent hotel room, then I'd rather stay in the lounge which provides a quit room with comfortable sleeping chairs and ample food and drink.

Thanks again

Yermanee wai.gif

Call NOW and get a supervisor on the phone and make SURE that the airline is going to provide you with a comp hotel and try and get them to send you a written email confirmation.

Don't blame you for not wanting to arrive and THEN try to get it as who needs all that grief and hassle as gate agents say NO NO NO.....

• Like 1

Well in the end I opted for a return flight FRA/MCT one day later than originally planned. This is an evening flight in contrast to the original which was early afternoon, and leaves me in controll over my itinerary. that way I can travel relaxed.

There's only a 2 and a half hour transfer in Muscat which is manageable.
The staff in BKK remained very cordial during our teleph. conversations but it seems they are limited in what they can do and every decission has to go through the Muscat office.

Now back to work on rearranging hotel stays, rental car etc, etc,

Thanks to you all.

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee