Ducati 899 breaks cover.

yankee99

They'll assemble them here. Target date for release is around mid year, I've heard - but these things usually change so who knows.

Meanwhile you can buy them imported for 999k. They had a brief special for 899k when it was introduced. Those on the road right now in CM are the imported ones. White is gorgeous. So is red. This is just one gorgeous bike.

That is interesting & I agree they are quite striking

You know after I got home I flashed on the fact that I thought I remembered seeing it with

a single sided swingarm?? But that cannot be right can it?

Although I was on the left of the bike & on my bike while looking at it

Or does the imported ones have a SSS?

I could just be mistaken but I could have sworn that is what I saw

But it was a brand new un-plated 899 Panigale &

did have the 899 Panigale sticker on the side

But they have a conventional swingarm right?

might have been the 1199 that you saw as that does have a SSS. 899 definitely is conventional

^ Maybe the least informative review ever. Maybe better than the 1199, whilst also the worst of both worlds, whatever they are! It's not what they want (but we don't know why), but it sounds "cool".

OK that's perfectly clear, thanks guys...

• Like 2

^ Maybe the least informative review ever. Maybe better than the 1199, whilst also the worst of both worlds, whatever they are! It's not what they want (but we don't know why), but it sounds "cool".

OK that's perfectly clear, thanks guys...

Agree 100%. They come out like two snotty guys with easy access to two of the best bikes ever, an empty track, and I'm afraid, some "fringe benefits" from Ducati.

Poor ergonomics, no midrange, and mediocre brakes- it doesn't sound like Ducati is paying them off for the review.;)

When they say it's 'better' than its big brother, they mean for the street- if you've watched any of their longer comparison videos (and these guys know bikes, and they can all ride very well), they don't really love the Panigale off the track (which jibes with what other reviewers say re: its narrow focus).