Ducati 899 breaks cover.

yankee99

wo wo! I've been waiting for this news for soo long, awesome. not sure about the double sided swingarm, ducati superbike range should always be single sided!

Yes but their thai bikes have that double arm but i wouldnt get my hopes up...

Nice bike, but, dam_n, that's got to be the worst passenger set-up ever- they should have made it monoposto.wink.png

Yes those passenger peg brackets kind of dominate that rear section

Also the rear mud guard needs a tail tidy smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Nice bike, but, dam_n, that's got to be the worst passenger set-up ever- they should have made it monoposto.;)

I think rear cowls should be standard and rear seat optional. I guess i am the outcast as i prefer to ride solo.

Nice bike, but, dam_n, that's got to be the worst passenger set-up ever- they should have made it monoposto.;)

I think rear cowls should be standard and rear seat optional. I guess i am the outcast as i prefer to ride solo.

I agree- I still haven't taken the rear-seat cowl off my bike, and I'm toying with removing the passenger peg brackets (or at least removing the one that isn't supporting my exhaust...)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you like new model motorcycles? Of course you do. Well, this time next week, Ducati Motor Holding will be making a presentation to the motorcycling media at its Bologna headquarters. The invitation in our inbox is light on details (unsurprisingly), though smart money would be on Ducati debuting some of its model refreshes for next year, and possibly its much anticipated 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale.

Teased already on the internet, we know that the Ducati 899 Panigale will have a double-sided swingarm and lower-spec suspension and brakes when compared to its superbike companion. Advanced electronics are expected as well, though time will tell if the rumors regarding the 899cc engine displacement are true.

As for the big pieces of Ducati’s 2014 line-up, those will likely have to wait until the EICMA show in Milan, Italy. Customarily, Ducati likes to whet our appetites with minor releases in September/October, leaving the big fish to fry until November’s trade show.

What could the Bologna Brand have in store for us at EICMA? Time will only tell of course. Rumors suggest that we will have to wait a bit longer to see the Ducati Scrambler, despite the fact that Ducati trademarked “Ducati Scrambler” just two months ago with the USPTO.

Source: Ducati

anyway this picture is photoshoped so if a "899" will come it will sure not look like that

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/superbike/899_panigale/index.do

Seems like it is official.

Tried to get an 848 EVO Corse yesterday down Thonglor shop but impossible. Was offered a pre owned for 1.3m...

Wonder what the 899 will go for. So far no Corse edition on the website

Glad it's official, now I can make a plan, not keen on the double sided swingarm, but when the 1199 panigale came out I was impressed with pics but the real life thing blew me away. Have a feeling this new 899 will do the same. I like the white too, never owned a white duc before

Looks like the 848 is going up for sale soon! anyone interested?

Glad it's official, now I can make a plan, not keen on the double sided swingarm, but when the 1199 panigale came out I was impressed with pics but the real life thing blew me away. Have a feeling this new 899 will do the same. I like the white too, never owned a white duc before

Looks like the 848 is going up for sale soon! anyone interested?

If its a 2013 Corse, yes Im interested ;)

• 4 months later...

many cost cutting measures, who knows maybe they will make it in Thailand or at least assemble them here.

Cool bike!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i was feeling like they will make it here 5 months ago.laugh.png

599 k thb pliz ducati!

They'll assemble them here. Target date for release is around mid year, I've heard - but these things usually change so who knows.

Meanwhile you can buy them imported for 999k. They had a brief special for 899k when it was introduced. Those on the road right now in CM are the imported ones. White is gorgeous. So is red. This is just one gorgeous bike.

• Like 1

They'll assemble them here. Target date for release is around mid year, I've heard - but these things usually change so who knows.

Meanwhile you can buy them imported for 999k. They had a brief special for 899k when it was introduced. Those on the road right now in CM are the imported ones. White is gorgeous. So is red. This is just one gorgeous bike.

That is interesting & I agree they are quite striking

You know after I got home I flashed on the fact that I thought I remembered seeing it with

a single sided swingarm?? But that cannot be right can it?

Although I was on the left of the bike & on my bike while looking at it

Or does the imported ones have a SSS?

I could just be mistaken but I could have sworn that is what I saw

But it was a brand new un-plated 899 Panigale &

did have the 899 Panigale sticker on the side

But they have a conventional swingarm right?

Edited by mania