Income tax deduction from monthly salary - working in thailand

I'll be earning about 170,000/month plus allowances. Not sure about the social security but lets ignore it for now

Allowances are also calculated into the taxable income so lets for the sake of t round you up to 200k.

As a single man without any dependents you will be paying about Bt45,000 per month n taxes.

Edited by Spoonman

I'll be earning about 170,000/month plus allowances. Not sure about the social security but lets ignore it for now

Allowances are also calculated into the taxable income so lets for the sake of t round you up to 200k.

As a single man without any dependents you will be paying about Bt45,000 per month n taxes.

You should start an RMF and/or LTF (Retirement mutual funds and Long term funds) accounts at the bank when you open a bank account here. That would drastically reduce your tax burden. Don't be pushed to also take life insurance - that's not such a good deal, and they are on commission to sell them.

Hi

I pay circa 28%, on considerably more gross than you quote and living allowance is not taxed.

The tax system is basically the same as the UK in that if you are employed for only part of a tax year you are refunded any overpaid taxes during the next tax period.

Hope this helps