Crackdown on drugs: BMA to make Bangkok 'drug free' within 15 month

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per WHO statistics Thailand has about 1 million meth/ya-ba addicts and almost as many heroin addicts. Unless we see 2 million people disappear off the streets in the next couple of months (and check into rehab?), I'm not terribly optimistic on this.

I look forward to the day I can buy my Meth, Crack and Heroin at 7/11 or a convenient late night vending machine, properly taxed and authorized by the Government without fear of reprisals.

I'm sure this will solve all the problems of the flawed "war of drugs".

Dumbasses.

I look forward to the day I can buy my Meth, Crack and Heroin at 7/11 or a convenient late night vending machine, properly taxed and authorized by the Government without fear of reprisals.

I'm sure this will solve all the problems of the flawed "war of drugs".

Dumbasses.

until tell then i said shaken not stirrrrred

Get real, BMA... Not realistic at all coffee1.gif

Look at the US: since their 'war on drugs' more people started to use drugs nowadays... And now there is a prison problem whistling.gif

Bangkok drug free in 15 months is the aim, no chance they'll ever do it but any kind of reduction in users would be good, more and more people seem to be taking drugs which the Government needs to think about why are more and more people taking them, are some Thai people that sad with their lives that their resorting to illegal substances to take the pain away.

Every day now we hear some off the mark complete bullshi* statement from some Thai Official or Government department, are they having a competition to see who can make the most ridiculous statement before xmas and the winner gets a promotion to be next Prime Minister..

Your going to have masses of people queuing up for drug free, save them paying for them. All within the next 15 months, where will they be giving them out, in front of Gov-House??.

Sorry Brian, saw your post after I posted.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Get real, BMA... Not realistic at all coffee1.gif

Look at the US: since their 'war on drugs' more people started to use drugs nowadays... And now there is a prison problem whistling.gif

Not a problem at all. Merely helps the slavery program. Force prisoners to work making things like US mail bags and electronic stuff and pay them next to nothing.

Its quite a money spinner

You'd have thought that anyone with a scintilla of sense would see that repeating the mistake of prohibition in the 20s would end up with the same result but no. Again the government actions have

increased the problem. Surprise, surprise.

Thailand try copying the ideas and, guess what - same result.

Once prohibition was scrapped, the illegal alcohol activity - largely run by the mafia - reduced enormously (the mafia merely moved into other products). Illegal consumption of alcohol reduced to almost nil (as it wasnt illegal any more) and the problem was declared solved. Of course, the damage caused to society by alcohol continued - road slaughter, violence and more violence, but as it is legal, this is deemed to be more acceptable.

The only way to make Bangkok drug free by 2015 will be to redefine the drugs as not drugs. Very much in the same way as alcohol is not now viewed as a dangerous drug by the terminally uninformed.

Not gonna happen though.

15 months is pretty optimistic considering the U.S. has been conducting their war on drugs since 1914 (though the term "War on Drugs" wasn't coined until 1971). 82% of the U.S. population still feels that the war on drugs is a failure, despite the government spending billions (of dollars) every year on enforcement, not only in the U.S., but around the world. In 2008 there were 500,000 people jailed on drug related offenses and it is estimated that 1% of all Americans are currently in jail on drug related charges. Yet, the number of drug users continues to increase and you can get just about any drug you like in any city in America at nearly any time.

15 months for a drug free Bangkok cheesy.gif

Maybe if they said one district in Bangkok or more likely one Soi this would be even remotely believable.

Your going to have masses of people queuing up for drug free, save them paying for them. All within the next 15 months, where will they be giving them out, in front of Gov-House??.

gmta

gmta

I'm a bit slow....WHAT ???

I take it that by "drugs" they are not including "cigarettes & alcohol"?

Many yaba users believe it is a medicine. And that is just as deluded as those that think alcohol and cigs are not drugs.

If Bangkok is to be truly drug-free, that will cause quite a few problems in the hospitals and health centres.

Legalize it, tax it and control it. That way users and abusers can come forward. The mafia business behind it will suffer massive losses, and will slowly disappear. Police can focus on more important issues. Drug abuse is a social problem, not a criminal one. Putting drug offenders in jail just escalates their problems.

Authority, not "truth", makes laws.

Thats precisely why we need the man back, his attitude to drugs are utterly ruthless. a lot of innocents went missing you say? the big question is would you sacrifice 1000 to save one million.

This is a joke, right?

Thats precisely why we need the man back, his attitude to drugs are utterly ruthless. a lot of innocents went missing you say? the big question is would you sacrifice 1000 to save one million.

I have an Idea you need a scan. You could kill kill kill you will Not stop the trade. Phone Dubai and ask him to go to South America so he can put a stop to it there.

I thought it was 3000 - and people were going to the small town cop shops to registar as drug free and getting shot on their way back home....

previous comment - suk 3-5 looks pretty bad just from a casual glance I get now and then ...I heard it's free delivery down around suk 1-11 for whatever... but it's all over - the burbs - the thai company I work for has a 50 man machine shop and it turned out the foreman had 90% of the guys on yaba to help then stay awake at work.... he just got fired and all the stories came out....he was selling and also taking cuts on all their paychecks for payment.... gawd...

The last time this was said . 2003, over 2500 people were killed, according to police reports. The majority of these killings were done by the BIB. Only 4 police officers have been convicted, in the case of 1 death, and they were released on bail after being convicted of murder, and sentenced to life in prison. coffee1.gif

Why make pledges that are very obviously impossible to fulfil?

That is what a politician does for a living.

As long as the officials are involved in the business, nothing will happen

+1

And actually where they need to start

first is with all the corrupt police

and government officials that allow

drugs into and onto the streets of

Thailand to begin with!

and be quick about it.

This is a joke, right?

I am trying to figure out where the million he saved are did he take them to Dubai with him.

• Like 1