Recommendations

makavelli

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife (She is Thai) r staying 4 nights in Bkk in the Summer. We never normally stay in BKK but this year we have decided to do a few nights in the capital. My question is, can anyone give tell some decent bars, pubs and restaurants to visit. We r staying at the Bel Air-Princess. I have heard some people talking about Gullivers? Nane plaza?

Also what time do the bars and pubs close in BKK?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife (She is Thai) r staying 4 nights in Bkk in the Summer. We never normally stay in BKK but this year we have decided to do a few nights in the capital. My question is, can anyone give tell some decent bars, pubs and restaurants to visit. We r staying at the Bel Air-Princess. I have heard some people talking about Gullivers? Nane plaza?

Also what time do the bars and pubs close in BKK?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks everyone.

Stay at the Tai-Pan hotel it's near Soi-Cowboy. When you're standing at the street with Tai-Pan hotel behind you, turn left and walk to the corner and you'll see Choc Chai steakhouse in the shopping center on the left. If instead your turn right, you can walk down to the Soi-Cowboy and the Pub on the right corner is another excellent place to eat. It's a little English pub, that's painted white and green. You'll enjoy the hotel, spa and the location.

You must be taking the Michael right? Your wife is Thai and the two of you think Nana might be nice and Gulivers bar???

If you must stay around that area the Abasynia Cafe is a nice Etheopian restaurant (nice stews that you eat with Ingera bread instead of knife and fork) a little bit North up the main Nana Soi - basically if you head North past Grace Hotel its on your right hand side after about 1 minute walking after Grace Hotel.

Why not stay in a nice area instead though? If you can give an idea of what budget you are on and what types of food and drink you enjoy I can give serious recommendations. If you are a troll/a rogue then I an sure you deserve all that Nana has to offer.

Nana area isn't bad, its worth a look/see for a few drinks and watch the sights go by. :D

There is also Sin - multi-level billiards club/restaurant/dj right across from the main nana complex. Well closing times seems to have extended to 2AM for most nightlife spots, others seem operate at will. :o